So terribly sorry for the downtime.

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
I'd like to apologize for the downtime yesterday and today. I still can't believe that it happened and I'm vowing to never let it happen again. It started with the hiring of a new server admin who didn't know what he was doing. Then Monday morning the data center had a power outage and caused a reboot of the server. For some reason, the site wouldn't load a page in under 2 min as a result of the poor setup this new admin had done. We've FINALLY got it back but still have a lot of cleanup to do. We may move to a new server all together. So we are not completely out of the woods yet but the worst is over. I'll keep you posted in this thread. Thanks for your patience everybody.

There are some plugin issues that need to be resolved. I may still see a few glitches here and there for a few days.

All good Danno, although the downtime may have caused a mis-communication regarding jdm monday :d Perhaps people were unaware of the no ti-couning at jdm mondays that most MR members support/have made threads of since the last stupid episode.

Nah just kidding :)

Why is it that every time you guys try to change something, the people you hire fuck it all up?

I should have vetted the guy better. I have nobody to blame but myself however we are in a much better situation now.

The damn backup is set to run at this time of the morn, stopping the site for 2 min. Will have to shut it off.

We switched to a new server. Redirect in use until DNS propagates. 15 min downtime was the smoothest transition I've ever seen. New server will be tweaked like crazy in coming weeks and will only improve in speed.

Back