600 hp BMW 335 correcting 2 different mess | Showroom correction, 3 days |

Tell me, how a product that is suppose to be good for about 10 differents things should be more effective than the one that is suppose to be for leather ? APC over leather cleaner ? ( why because you are cheap and you want to cut corner ?)

Multipurpose. Use 303 Aerospace Protectant on vinyl convertible tops, vinyl seats, tonneau covers, car bras, vinyl awnings, dashboard, trim pieces, and all over your boat. It is safe on vinyl, rubber, plastic, acrylic, finished leather, and fiberglass

Unless you are a chemist with actual fact of what your trying to tell me that I was wrong, I will keep using the product that I used back then when I was working for an upholster. Thank you :)

On dirait vraiment que tu as envie de t'ostiner pour rien du tout. lol.

At least I respect the fact that you did some research but I can also get 1yr of shine on my dash also with other products. I don't do lab test but I do my own personal test and felt like this was the best product IMO.

By the way, taken from the description of optimum protectant plus.. http://www.autogeek.net/opprpl1ga.html

Optimum Protectant Plus protects your leather and vinyl by depositing UV inhibitors and hydrating oils deep in the pores while cleaners remove marring contaminants.

So yeah some product can do both, maybe I should have stated '' interior protector'' for your own satisfaction ? I just prefer to use the term leather 2-step, just easier.

It's a bit strange that you were bashing the use of multi-purpose products and then defending the use of them in the next breath :dunno:

It's a bit strange that you were bashing the use of multi-purpose products and then defending the use of them in the next breath :dunno:

Bashing ?? It's a bit exagerated hahaha! I said I can't see why a product that it's good for 10 differents thing could really be any better than one designed for 2-3 type of material. C'est loins d'être basher ce que j'ai dit.

and I took the exemple of Optimum Protectant + since it's a reputable brand in the detailing industry just to show that it's possible to have a protector made for both type of material. (2) I never wrote or mentionned that I used that particular product, in fact I didn't said which product I used so how can we all assume that what I used is wrong if you don't even know what I used?

Anyways, someone close to my family own an upholstery shop, so if by any chance ( which never happened in my 7 years doing detailing and working at this place) something goes wrong, you can bet I will get it fixed since I have access to labour and cost material. I'm sure the owner feel really granted by all your attention given to his seat but I'm sure he trust my work and know I won,t run-away if any problem occurs.

Je viens de faire une job de plus de 30 heures, le client est HYPER-CONTENT, mais faut quand même que vous trouvez de quoi chialler sur une affaire que vous ne savez même pas quel produit que j'ai utilisé. C'est pas comme si j'avais utilisé du metal polish sur des roues clear coated, par exemple.

Je demande pas à être aimé, mais personnellement, je crois avoir fait une bonne job qui à fait plaisir à 110% au propriétaire découragé (qui m'a d'ailleurs passé une remarque positive sur ses bancs). Donc si la job ou la description, qui m'a pris au moins deux heures à faire, ne vous plait pas, vous pouvez simplement peser sur le bouton ''back'' ou m'envoyez un message privé pour plus de clarification.

Mais honnêtement, la seule chose qui m'importe c'est que j'ai su satisfaire le propriétaire de la voiture, anyways, c'est même pas votre voiture, pourquoi perdre 1h de ton temps à m'ostiner si ça te concerne pas pour une cenne ?

? if Ive been talking about 303 all along, which works best on vinyl but is made to protect all kinds of surfaces, leather included, why would even bring up Optimum Protectant if you didn't use it? What is the point of even mentioning it if the product Ive been talking about for every post now does the same thing?

Anyway right now it doesn't matter what you used, you have already bashed the ideal product for the job, and already said you used a leather product which was the wrong product for the job, so you're wrong either way.

And it has nothing to do with you being hated, it started off as a simple question i asked you, and has since spiraled into some of the most ridiculous shit ive ever heard from a so called professional detailer.

WOW et ça continue malgré ce que j'ai écrit plus haut. Anyways, merci de tes bon mots et bonne journée! :)

Le plus important, c'est que le client est tres satisfait, et il reviendra. C'est ca qui compte apres tout. Merci encore alex

of course, if you're wrong and cant defend yourself then it's only normal to switch the conversation to "as long as the customer is happy".

Wow it really shows how some people have nothing better to do but pick at something small like that. I don't see bashing of products just which products he prefers over the other. But that's just my opinion.

Wow it really shows how some people have nothing better to do but pick at something small like that. I don't see bashing of products just which products he prefers over the other. But that's just my opinion.

Then you didnt read his posts. Nor did you get the point. The guy is wrong on a number of things and is too arrogant to admit it. It's ok maybe later ill just repost everything he said on autopia.

Le plus important, c'est que le client est tres satisfait, et il reviendra. C'est ca qui compte apres tout. Merci encore alex

of course, if you're wrong and cant defend yourself then it's only normal to switch the conversation to "as long as the customer is happy".

Learn to read french lol. I did the detail for claude and i could really care less if you like or not. By the way, there's a still a MAJOR point you didn't understand. YOU STILL DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT PRODUCT I USED YET YOU TELL ME I DIDN'T USE THE RIGHT ONE lollll!! how ironic is that ?

Nice job !
Black black black, get ready Cobra!

Thanks guys!

Learn to read french lol. I did the detail for claude and i could really care less if you like or not. By the way, there's a still a MAJOR point you didn't understand. YOU STILL DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT PRODUCT I USED YET YOU TELL ME I DIDN'T USE THE RIGHT ONE lollll!! how ironic is that ?

Thanks guys!

whats sad is i read french and already addressed all your points but you just ignore the replies so let me break it down for you again.

in regards to what product you used:

"Anyway right now it doesn't matter what you used, you have already bashed the ideal product for the job, and already said you used a leather product which was the wrong product for the job, so you're wrong either way."

need more clarification on your other points? YOUR WORDS.

"leatherette is artificial leather with a plastic coating" --> WRONG

in regards to 303 on vinyl:
"Tell me, how a product that is suppose to be good for about 10 differents things should be more effective than the one that is suppose to be for leather ?" -- > WRONG

go ahead, try and argue the very words you posted above. PLEASE..WITHOUT GOING OFF TOPIC, WITHOUT THE "THE CUSTOMER IS HAPPY" BS. THAT'S NOT THE ARGUMENT. ADDRESS WHATS POSTED ABOVE.

Tu as pas dit il y a 5 post que t'avais perdu assez de temps et que tu te retirais ? T'as pas de parole :(

Je m'en fous que tu sois pas d'accord avec moi. Je m'en balance royalement. Ma mère a fuckin crever à matin, tout ce qui m'importe c'est de plaire à mes clients et de m'occuper de moi et ma famille ton osti de chichi avec ton 303 ( on dirait tu rep pour eux!) JE M'EN FOUS!

Tu as pas dit il y a 5 post que t'avais perdu assez de temps et que tu te retirais ? T'as pas de parole :(

Je m'en fous que tu sois pas d'accord avec moi. Je m'en balance royalement.

i did..but then you cant admit you're wrong so i keep getting pulled back in.

and of course you once again didnt address any of the points. why am i not surprised.

go figure, one of montreal's top detailers saying leatherette is an artificial leather with a plastic coating. craaazy.

i did..but then you cant admit you're wrong so i keep getting pulled back in.

and of course you once again didnt address any of the points. why am i not surprised.

go figure, one of montreal's top detailers saying leatherette is leather with a coat on top. craaazy.

What I meant was leatherette is chemical ( hence the coating to protect it and can give it that plastic ( aka vinyl) feel) and leather is well natural. You really think there's only one type of leatherette out there ?? I will say it again, my step-father own an upholstery OK? I get acces to about 500 catalogue with more than 100 sample per catalogue. there's difference type of leather for different application so I'm sorry to say that it does exist leather-type with a kind of clear coat on them to protect from UV ( usualy used in the boat environement)

1) Your so close-minded its incredible, why would 303 be the ideal product? it's a water-based dressing, just like the the one I used. it just happens not to be 303 because I didn't like the feel of it.

2) Haters will always exist, your not the first one and you won't be the last one so if you think I will quit detailing or have bad dream for your hating comments, well.. sorry I won't.

Thanks for creating a great hype around this thread, I know it's a nice job and great write-up I did :)

What I meant was leatherette is chemical ( hence the coating to protect it and can give it that plastic ( aka vinyl) feel) and leather is well natural. You really think there's only one type of leatherette out there ?? I will say it again, my step-father own an upholstery OK? I get acces to about 500 catalogue with more than 100 sample per catalogue. there's difference type of leather for different application so I'm sorry to say that it does exist leather-type with a kind of clear coat on them to protect from UV ( usualy used in the boat environement)

1) Your so close-minded its incredible, why would 303 be the ideal product? it's a water-based dressing, just like the the one I used. it just happens not to be 303 because I didn't like the feel of it.

2) Haters will always exist, your not the first one and you won't be the last one so if you think I will quit detailing or have bad dream for your hating comments, well.. sorry I won't.

Thanks for creating a great hype around this thread, I know it's a nice job and great write-up I did :)

and by the way, im sorry for your mom. I see that you went back to edit a previous post to mention that, which makes me look like a dick as if id continue to argue with someone after their mom died. so ill leave this argument where it stands.

Last edited:
I haven't read all the posts he's made but i've read the ones you and him have made in this thread. At the end of the day it just boils down to how he used a leather cleaner on leatherette and how it's not the right tool for the job. A leather cleaner is less harsh so it's not the completely wrong tool for the job. Also what he said before about Leatherette are coated leather is not entirely wrong either. Leatherette is made by covering a natural or synthetic fabric with plastic.
I'm pretty sure if someone where to go and pick out all the information from your posts that may be wrong it'd be hard to defend yourself. It's easy to make someone look arrogant and wrong but I guess it's a lot harder to trust the judgement of someone who's been doing their job for many years. And even if his judgment was wrong(imho was right), he is human isn't he? We do make mistakes.

Besides that at the end of the day it really is if the customer is happy or not. With the job he did on this car I'd be way more than happy and I would definitely go back.

Toute cette polémique pour pas grand-chose... Espérons que cela ne fasse pas trop ombrage à cet job exceptionnel.

I haven't read all the posts he's made but i've read the ones you and him have made in this thread. At the end of the day it just boils down to how he used a leather cleaner on leatherette and how it's not the right tool for the job. A leather cleaner is less harsh so it's not the completely wrong tool for the job. Also what he said before about Leatherette are coated leather is not entirely wrong either. Leatherette is made by covering a natural or synthetic fabric with plastic.
I'm pretty sure if someone where to go and pick out all the information from your posts that may be wrong it'd be hard to defend yourself. It's easy to make someone look arrogant and wrong but I guess it's a lot harder to trust the judgement of someone who's been doing their job for many years. And even if his judgment was wrong(imho was right), he is human isn't he? We do make mistakes.

Besides that at the end of the day it really is if the customer is happy or not. With the job he did on this car I'd be way more than happy and I would definitely go back.

I really like the way your thinking! How is your detailing doing?

Toute cette polémique pour pas grand-chose... Espérons que cela ne fasse pas trop ombrage à cet job exceptionnel.

J'espère! Merci bien!

Your posts are a waste of internet space.

Get up your couch and go do something proactive and constructive with your life and be one of those who accomplish something instead of being a full-time prick in here.

I really like the way your thinking! How is your detailing doing?

Lol thanks, and I haven't had time to get around to it :( gonna be doing it with one of my buddies so we'll do both cars at the same time, I'll probably make a thread once its done !

Last edited:
Back