News: MontrealMustang meet shut down..

JagImaging

MR staff member
I showed up hoping to see tons of mustang like I usually do every friday night..it was not the case this time. The Montreal Mustang meet has been taking place in the St-Do Walmart parking lot for at least 5 years.. Thanks to the issues with the JDM Monday meets the mustang meets have also now been shut down.. When I pulled up into the parking lot I saw only a few cars and about 5 guards walking around with two of them with dogs.. I also saw a tow truck not to far.. SO it seems that are ready to stop any meets from happening now.

33978_468589839822803_145099402171850_2117559_276891920_n.jpg

545315_468589583156162_145099402171850_2117555_1488134638_n.jpg

546144_468590059822781_145099402171850_2117561_647125731_n.jpg

On a cool note..spotted this in the Tims parking..
306210_468590169822770_145099402171850_2117563_820335342_n.jpg

It will be interesting to see what kind of reaction I get when I pull into Tim Hortons after a long night at the track.

If they think they are going to stop me from getting my Ice Cap, they are gonna be in a rude awakening!!

Bizarre rien de poster sur le forum de montreal mustang... Le meet officiel etait chez chartrand ford je crois

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2

C'est dommage qu'ils perdent leur spots apres 5 ans.
On s'entend bien que les exces de certain participant au JDM meet ont de beaucoup contribuer a faire fermer la place mais soyons honnete ils nous auraient plus tolerer avec plus de 500 autos a chaque Lundi anyway .

Il faut juste trouver un mega spot et continuer les meets.

Il y aura toujour des exces , malheureusement c'est pas tout le monde qui comprennent les conséquence et répercussion de leur agissement et c'est dommage parceque cette minoritee est tres visible et nous on paie pour leur agissement. :(

they're cracking down on all people in the evenings who are just chilling there. car related or not. basically, they can't rightfully segregate auto enthusiasts who loiter there, they have to crack down on all loitering to be fair and effective. which is why the mustang meets are also victim of this. (imo, stang meets can just move over some where else in the same lot and no one will bitch.)

i think that this is just for the time being. once the dust settles in a few weeks, you'll be able to hang there (non-car meets, normal loitering) but i suspect cops might do stricter rounds rather than typically just passing through as they mostly do so watch out if you're burning trees. at worst, just go accross to the tim's side. most of the time it's tough to tell who's hanging out and who's tim customers, and it's often both anyway so no one gets busted over there. also it has nothing to do with wal-mart so you're safe on that side.

i'm being naive but there are thousands of decent sized parking lots around the city, why is the one is st do so popular ?

^^ 13 , laval , montreal ,north shore , la belle , tim horton's , the size of the lot , burnout alley to name the things that come to mind real quick

JAG you must have shown up right after I left. The lady in the first pic is the representative of the site owner. She explained to us the situation and after asking a few questions we all went on our way. In any case, there weren't that many Mustangs last night because there was an event at a Ford Dealer. And for the record, Montreal Mustang has been holding meets for about 10 years in that location with very few complaints, mostly minor things (especially compared to JDM Mondays).

All meets, car related or not, are being banned from the property, which spans from Samson to Notre-Dame streets.

Back