Mercedes c250

I've had the opportunity to drive both the 250 and the 300... Aside from fuel economy and slightly better low end power, there isn't much difference, especially when you look at the price difference. I do however STRONGLY recommend the sport package, it brings the car alive. As far as it being as boring as a camry, I disagree. The benz may not be "fun", but it is a far cry from the narcolepsy inducing experience of a camry, not to mention how much better looking it is.

For the money, you won't do any better.

But then this is only my opinion.

the 14.8 quarter mile time I took off a website after being told from a GM at Mercedes that it was "faster than I thought" I agree with everyone else that it feels very slow.
In economy mode I want to get out and push it to go faster.
once it's in sport and tiptronic mode it 'comes alive' (as much as a 200hp car can) and actually feels quicker.

It's a good car, bang for the buck, i feel it's a good buy.

I like this thread, alot of real information from people who drove the car....

is there a awd available with the bigger engine ?
is there enought space for 2 pairs of skis INSIDE the trunk/cabin
is there enought space for 2-3 golf bags ?

thanks

I like this thread, alot of real information from people who drove the car....

is there a awd available with the bigger engine ? yes, the 300 and 350 come in 4Matic
is there enought space for 2 pairs of skis INSIDE the trunk/cabin shorter ones probably. you'll need to drop the seats i think. which actually drop nicely.
is there enought space for 2-3 golf bags ? in the trunk, more than enough room.

thanks
see bold

What it doesn't have that i miss from my TL.
Homelink garage door opener.
Auto-dimming rear view mirror
Auto tilting side mirror when parking
seat memory
proper folding side mirrors
2 stage unlock. one click driver 2 click whole car.
hideaway cup holders.
2 stage center console
HID lights. IMO they should come standard on a Mercedes.

Wow....... ....... At this point, the C250 is only a badge imo. It looks nice but i'm very disappointed.
I use theses features everyday in my TSX and they are sooooo important to me.

Mercedes C250, not for me. :(

What it does have and at the end of the day was more important to me. 4matic. The TL wasn't amazing in the snow. I hated being stuck at the light spinning when every other car would take off no problem.
The Merc's handling is amazing. Stopping power is wonderful.

Merc driving experience (albeit slower) > Acura.
Acura > Merc for standard comforts.

The Cabin of the C250 is very hard to beat.

f6386c2a.jpg

I just finished blacking out wifey's 2012 C250 4matic

e0837261.jpg

d2a27344.jpg

Im a big BMW fan but i like the C class as well once modded with style and simplicity. I do however believe that no one that is a car enthousiast should be getting a 128/328/528 etc...

So if I have a choice between a C250 4matic 09-10 or C300 4matic 09-10 as a daily driver what should I get?

Is the C300 a lot harder on gas?

Best resale value?

any pros/cons?

Im a big BMW fan but i like the C class as well once modded with style and simplicity. I do however believe that no one that is a car enthousiast should be getting a 128/328/528 etc...

Hmm, I'm not sure I agree.

A stick-shift 128i is still the closest thing to an original purebred BMW, as it uses a naturally-aspirated inline-6 engine, the 328 isn't the fastest car around but it's still fun to drive, as for the 528 I can't tell as I've only driven a F10 535.

Keep in mind that the above comments pertain to the 6-cyl engines. I have test driven the F30 328 (4-banger turbo) and it's really something else - impressive little power plant.

my 2 cents:

- looks great
- inside is nice
- feels like a baller driving it
- looks baller
- best looking german in its bracket (in terms of classy look)
- easily impresses women who don't know cars
- slow as fuck
- drinks way too much for something that slow

so if you enjoy the first 6 things i mentioned in a car, and don't mind the last two, then buy one.

Back