Official ChAmpcar thread

What does not make sense to you?
The guy splits his expenses and his expenses are higher therefore higher price per teammate.
I realize and respect that, don't mind at all.
I just would rather pay for a local ride, meet the guys, see the car, get involved.
You know me, I'm just a senseless kinda guy.
Cheers.

you are not senseless- just a bit noob for chumpcar.... lol-just poking fun

What does not make sense to you?
The guy splits his expenses and his expenses are higher therefore higher price per teammate.
I realize and respect that, don't mind at all.
I just would rather pay for a local ride, meet the guys, see the car, get involved.
You know me, I'm just a senseless kinda guy.
Cheers.

as an fyi. i rented out 8 stints last year.

900-950 for double 7 races. which nets 1h35-55 racetime per stint. per day.

so for 3:30-355 of racing wheel to wheel all expenses covered (damage extra) figure minimum 900$ there are teams that charge 1100-1300 based on pedigree and competitiveness of machine) depeds on event as well.

Chumpcar teams will factor in tire wear of the track... for example Mosport is a longer tow to get there, bad on gas for the race (long uphill back straight).... but easy on tires.

calabogie was med wear on tires but easier on gas and closer tow. also we factor wear on car and parts.

We spent over 4k per race weekend. and that got to be split among the drivers.

if you have questions.. 514-916-9971

btw Renting seats for calabogie, st-eustache possibly and the last Watkins

as an fyi. i rented out 8 stints last year.

900-950 for double 7 races. which nets 1h35-55 racetime per stint. per day.

so for 3:30-355 of racing wheel to wheel all expenses covered (damage extra) figure minimum 900$ there are teams that charge 1100-1300 based on pedigree and competitiveness of machine) depeds on event as well.

Chumpcar teams will factor in tire wear of the track... for example Mosport is a longer tow to get there, bad on gas for the race (long uphill back straight).... but easy on tires.

calabogie was med wear on tires but easier on gas and closer tow. also we factor wear on car and parts.

We spent over 4k per race weekend. and that got to be split among the drivers.

if you have questions.. 514-916-9971

btw Renting seats for calabogie, st-eustache possibly and the last Watkins

I'm curious to see how far ASE and Calabogie are away from you as far as miles and time to get there.

Thanks

Aprs des un test n tune qui a fini avec un cardan, spindle, hub et table de bris... je ne pense pas que l'auto sera prte!

Est-ce qui a une quipe qui cherche un pilote pour le samedi et/ou dimanche a calabogie le 5-6 juillet?

Faite moi signe, je veux rouler!

Francis

Well , Calabogie is behind us now, the AISA CRX did pretty well, and we are getting ready for ASE August 16th.

NEXT EVENT AUGUST 16TH ASE!!!!

12 hour event!!

In other news, I raced with the crapcanracing.com team at the Chump Car 24H race at VIR this past weekend. It was all kinds of awesome. Driving at night on a completely dark track (no lighting) with crappy headlights pointing in the wrong direction because of "bodywork modifications" earlier in the race is one of life's more intense experience. I ended up driving aroun 7hrs during that race, in 3 different cars. 2 very big boxes checked on the bucket list (VIR and 24hr race).

Good luck to the team this weekend!

Lotta fun yesterday, didn't drive (too :eek1:) mebbe next year!
Was able to help out a bit, was fun!

A few pix:

imagejpg3_zps278123b8.jpg

imagejpg1_zpscb3b2988.jpg

imagejpg3_zps300fe200.jpg

imagejpg4_zps9c7ff6b6.jpg

imagejpg2_zpsdcdb46fb.jpg

imagejpg2_zps9aff77ff.jpg

imagejpg3_zpsa2d3a5c5.jpg

imagejpg2_zps4e18d766.jpg

Will put a few up more later.

Had a great time , thanx everyone!

Dave S

http://forum.chumpcar.com/index.php?/topic/11114-steustache-race-thread/

Unofficial Finish {via Livetiming},

P Laps

1 579 #6 Lombardi Honda Racing 1994 Honda Del Sol

2 579 #4 Mopar 4 Life 1997 Dodge Neon

3 574 #3 Aisa Wringers 1991 Honda CRX

4 543 #911 911 Pro 1988 Honda Civic

5 543 #743 Go! FAT Racing 1999 Honda Civic Si

6 528 #613 Bytown Brawlers 1989 Honda CRX

7 507 #157 Big Deal Racing 1989 BMW 325i

8 484 #10 Gratton Brother Motorsport 1997 Honda Civic

9 403 #87 The Flying A Holes 1997 Dodge Neon

10 335 #296 Metric Homes Racing 1992 BMW 325i

11 328 #EC84 Senna Sational 1996 Dodge Neon

Looks like it was AWESOME!!!!

Oh YES!
They got everything!
Battle laden races, breakdowns, spins, offs, and in the wet to boot !

Yet So many teams shared tools to help with each other.

One of our pilots had bit of of contact with the walls (wet drag skids) then headed into the pits.
We ran down from the stands but before we even caught up, another team pulled off the dangling parts and sent the car back on the track ! That was amazing!
Best part and worth repeating , ALL the cars finished ! :victory:

Back