Official ChAmpcar thread

for those who want to travel,

Hi All,

The 2012 Distance Calculator seemed to get a lot of use, so i whipped up a calculator based on the 2013 schedule (as announced Nov1).

Note that the schedule may change, but the calculator may not get updated. always refer to Official ChumpCar releases for dates/durations/etc!

Please feel free to use the calculator, let me know if you have any questions/comments.

-Lee

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am3A_VjZkncqdEIycnBERnVvZ0k3dE9nZkhncTQxT0E#gid=4

I'm putting together a Neon for this chumpcar event... I have an entire car in my shed . See you goons on the track :)

Merci Carl pour avoir fait la promotion de l'ASE auprès de chumpcar. Ça va être vraiment une date à réserver sur le calendrier l'an prochain! :bigup:

Hey, we drank just as much as you that night at RA. Yes, Dave should of stopped a couple rounds in. And I still have no idea how those jäger bombs arrived at the table. But for four hungover guys 3rd is pretty good.

You can count on a stint at Watkins. Are you still planning on bringing the CRX there?

Hey, we drank just as much as you that night at RA. Yes, Dave should of stopped a couple rounds in. And I still have no idea how those jäger bombs arrived at the table. But for four hungover guys 3rd is pretty good.

You can count on a stint at Watkins. Are you still planning on bringing the CRX there?

Almost as much.....

Yes the CRX should be rady by then.
But I would drive in several teams if the opportunity was there.

Greg- that is a good idea!!

we (Bruno, Nic, J-F, Serge and me) will probably attend the ASE 12 hrs in an AWD 2dr Civic. We are build the car during the winter and try to get it running. See ya there

we (Bruno, Nic, J-F, Serge and me) will probably attend the ASE 12 hrs in an AWD 2dr Civic. We are build the car during the winter and try to get it running. See ya there

Thursday nite it was just a discussion- if it gonna be reality, me like!!

ST-EU 2013 12h enduro... Wow this is totally crazy!!

Both I and Pierre are willing to rent a spot in a team as drivers!!

Good Drivers&Wrenching guys...!! :bigup:

“The Glen” Schedule:

Friday: 8:00am Gates open (and not a minute earlier)

11:00am – 5:00pm Event Safety, Tech Inspection

12:00pm – 5:00pm Open Testing (requires mini-tech)

2:00pm – 6:00pm Registration
2:00pm – 6:00pm Driver’s Gear Inspection

Saturday: 7:00am Gates open

8:00am – 8:30pm Driver’s Meeting

9:00am – 4:30pm Race #1
4:30pm – 4:50pm Post-race Impound & Inspection

Sunday: 8:15am – 8:30pm Driver’s Meeting

9:00am – 4:30pm Race #2
4:30pm – 4:50pm Post-race Impound & Inspection
5:00pm Awards Ceremony
Entry Fee: $1,200 (Includes Car Entry + 4 Drivers + 4 Event Competition Licenses)

Additional Drivers: $50
Additional Crew / Guests: $15 on-line advance; $20 at the track

Newbs, novices, rookies, kooks… whatever you want to call a first-timer… are allowed at this event – HOWEVER, all first-time wheel-to-wheel road racers MUST participate in the Friday test session and MUST get a minimum of 30 minutes of serious track time. Solo, HPDE and other non-WTW racing experience does NOT count. Other non-road racing experience does NOT count. Miss this requirement and you’re not driving on Saturday or Sunday. Plain and simple. You’ve paid for it… might as well use it and learn something. There will NOT be any availability to walk the track.

Garages are available for ChumpCar teams. ONR CAR PER GARAGE STALL. They are available on an early registration priority basis for $100 each (Fri-Sun).

NO FUEL IS TO BE STORED IN THE GARAGES! Fuel must be stored outside the garage, in the Cold Pit or with your transporter.

Teams must print all Safety & Tech Inspection forms before arrival and fill-out all forms before entering the tech line.

Watkins Glen International Supplemental Rules:

Last week ,I spoke with 3 more guys looking to start a build.

This is starting to get exciting.

I'm one of them. :D

I think there is 90% chance we are going to participate. Just need to find THE good BMW E30! or maybe E36.

Hey guys, registration opened today for all 2013 events.

Normally there would be no rush, except that those events that will sell out, will go fast, IE Watkins Glen.

Make sure that you register your team, get ID numbers , make your list and get registered.

Here is some price info,

6.2.1. For all ChumpCar and/or EC Class Teams:
6.2.1.1. For all Single-7 or Single-8 hour events: $500. Includes car entry and two (2) drivers.
6.2.1.2. For all Double-7, Single-12 and/or Single-14 hour events: $1,000. Includes car entry and four (4) Drivers
6.2.1.3. For all events between 15 and 25 hours: $1,200. Includes car entry and four (4) drivers.
6.2.1.4. ChumpCar may require a different entry fee for special events/tracks/circumstances.
6.2.2. Additional Driver Fee: $50 per Driver.
6.2.3. 2013 Competition License Fee: 2012 Licenses have been extended through 31 December 2013. New Licenses must be purchased at each event’s registration; $10 per event.
6.2.4. Novice School: no fee in 2013. Mandatory attendance for first time road racing competitors.
Found it way down the page. but here it is. Dont seen any multirace discount.
Most new teams have at least one driver that rented and than built a car.

REGISTRATION is open

On Saturday, 15 December (2012), at 9:00am Pacific Daylight Time (that's 12:00 noon for you Right Coasters), we'll be opening up the registration system for 2013 event reservations. Reservations for ALL 2013 events are First Come - First In... provided that you meet the requirements stated below.

All Team Captains (whether a driver or not) and all drivers MUST register and your registration form / account information MUST be 100% complete (including emergency contact info, State driver's license info, etc.), or the registration form will NOT let you continue. Both you and your team will be toast. It's really helpful (but not required) to have all crew members (mechanics, family, friends) register in the system, too.

Once a team has ALL its members registered, the Team Captain has control over the entire entry process.

Team Captains -- It's damn near guaranteed that you won't be able to enter any event during your FIRST visit to the new registration system. Why? Because YOU, as Team Captain, will be issued a "DRIVER POOL ID NUMBER" (that's kinda-sorta like a team ID number) and YOU have to enter and register a PIN number first, so your team, registration and payment info is secure. Then, YOU need to get that DRIVER POOL ID NUMBER and the PIN NUMBER to all the drivers that you want to drive on your team. Once each team driver gets that DRIVER POOL ID NUMBER and the PIN NUMBER, they must go back into the system (one time only) and enter in the team ID and PIN numbers in order to be associated with YOUR team. Why do this? Because a driver may be associated with an unlimited number of teams, and this way you can drag-and-drop any variation of drivers from your "DRIVER POOL" into any event registration. The best thing that you can do is to make sure that all your team drivers are available on Saturday to receive your e-mail or phone call with the DRIVER POOL ID and PIN NUMBERS, so they can quickly fill in your DRIVER POOL ROSTER.

In addition to requiring that all driver/crew account information be filled in, the new system REQUIRES that each team have the minimum number of drivers in their DRIVER POOL before they can enter a race. For example, if the race at Charlotte requires 4 drivers, but your DRIVER POOL (roster) only has three drivers in the pool, the system will not allow you to enter the race. Why? Because 85% of all entries that we've received over the past 3 years, where the team was incomplete, were no-shows and drop-outs. That's why it's important to have all your drivers enter the DRIVER POOL and PIN NUMBERS as soon as possible to associate their account with your team. Again, any driver can be associated with any number of teams... as long as the driver has been issued the team's DRIVER POOL and PIN NUMBERS.

Finally, in order for the system to accept your entry reservation, all entries MUST be accompanied with a $250 deposit. No deposit and the entire application is trashed... that means, you start over.
The new system is really streamlined. Drag-and-drop, click and proceed. If your account info is up-to-date from the previous system, then you should be good-to-go... once you get your DRIVER POOL and PIN NUMBERS logged in.

If you have additional questions, please contact your appropriate home region. Not sure what region you belong too, click here.

infonorth@chumpcar.com

Thank you again for all your support over the last three years as you've help grow North America's best road course racing series!

All the best - John, Chief Chump

Perry Performance joins Chump Car

17 December 2012

For Immediate Release

ChumpCar International LLC (dba – ChumpCar World Series) announces Perry Performance & Competition as 2013 Series Sponsor for ChumpCar World Series racing teams throughout Canada.

John Condren, CEO of ChumpCar International LLC, commented, “We are very excited to have Perry Performance & Competition join the ChumpCar program as a Series Sponsor. Our international series continues to grow, and nowhere is that growth more explosive than in Canada. We look forward to a lot of great cross-promotion that Carl Wener, CEO of Perry Performance & Competition, and ChumpCar can bring to one another. It’s definitely a win-win relationship.”

Perry Performance & Competition specializes in motorsports equipment and parts not normally available at tuning shops. Perry Performance & Competition, recognized as one of the largest race supply shops in Canada, covers a broad spectrum of racing requirements – from autocross to club racing and rally to drift. Additionally, Perry Performance & Competition are distributors of some key racing products for Canadian racers, including OMP safety gear and Redline Synthetic Racing Oil – both of whom are ChumpCar World Series sponsors.

In addition to race parts, Perry Performance & Competition has a complete line of OE replacement parts for ChumpCar World Series competitors. They are part of the Auto Value Group, with over $1.5M in inventory.

Carl Wener of Perry Performance & Competition takes the Series Sponsor relationship one step further, adding, “Perry Performance is offering to all ChumpCar competitors a ‘cost-price-build’ incentive program to new teams and new car builds. This is our way of helping ChumpCar teams reduce the cost of going racing, and to encourage more racers to get involved.”

For more information on the ‘cost-price-build’ program, as well as all products offered by Perry Performance & Competition, contact Carl Wener (450.662.8886) or go to www.perryautolaval.com.

For information on ChumpCar World Series, go to www.chumpcar.com.

Back