128i-Recommended mods?

EK6B18CITR

Hello all,

Buddy of mine (who isn't on MR) is picking up a 128i this week, and asked me to get some info for him.

What he is looking for is the best bang for the buck performance mods for the 128i, and where to get them.

As with almost any car, I assume intake/catback and a tune. What I need more, is which brand, where to get them, and roughly how much he should expect to spend.

Thanks.

x2 on BMW performance exhaust, CDV (clutch delay valve) delete if manual transmission. Both can be found on ecstuning.com

Any thoughts on BMS Power Box?

Haven't tried it myself, but I hear it make more of a difference on the automatic. If its a 6speed, I hear the gains are barely noticible.

But like it was said above, - Exhaust, intake, CDV delete....

oh yeah and if he can afford it; ditch the Run-Flat tires, and tighten up the suspension. (M3 links and sways)

I personally would not go for 19" because I think it looks a little too big for that size of a car. (but I suppose it a question of taste)
here is mine on 18"

first one:
457246_10150701572596606_15701461_o.jpg

Hello all,

Buddy of mine (who isn't on MR) is picking up a 128i this week, and asked me to get some info for him.

What he is looking for is the best bang for the buck performance mods for the 128i, and where to get them.

As with almost any car, I assume intake/catback and a tune. What I need more, is which brand, where to get them, and roughly how much he should expect to spend.

Thanks.

There are actually some interesting tunes out there available for the 128i:
http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-11529-turner-performance-software-for-e82-128i.aspx

Adding the 330i 3 stages intake manifold + this tune would result in some good gains, you can also have a look at what AA has to offer.

There are actually some interesting tunes out there available for the 128i:
http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-11529-turner-performance-software-for-e82-128i.aspx

Adding the 330i 3 stages intake manifold + this tune would result in some good gains, you can also have a look at what AA has to offer.
Too expensive.......
Street, just enjoy it.

:devil: Track -Lapping/Race courses,decent suspension, track pads, lose 200 pounds ,Sticky tires and 3.73 diff swap. Could be a lotta fun.

Back