Ron Paul on Syria

Paul's principles are to be respected since he yields for nobody. Unfortunately for him this means looking the other way as massacres are taking place in Syria and that's disgraceful and I'm glad he's retiring. What is happening in that country is a travesty. It's not propaganda. Iraq 2003 was propaganda. Libya and Syria are countries trying to liberate themselves.

Paul's principles are to be respected since he yields for nobody. Unfortunately for him this means looking the other way as massacres are taking place in Syria and that's disgraceful and I'm glad he's retiring. What is happening in that country is a travesty. It's not propaganda. Iraq 2003 was propaganda. Libya and Syria are countries trying to liberate themselves.

my GF is syrian and her sister lives in syria and u dont know what ur talking about

oh the conflict exists and her sister and husband are both canadian citizens who are currently in ottawa because of the conflict/war . they came last month.

what u dont seem to understand along with most westeners , the conflict only exists since america started it and most likely fuels it . i never been to syria but acording to my GF and her sister , syria was prolly one of the most peaceful country's in the middle east . peaceful in the sence that muslims , jews and christians live together and go about their daily lives normally .

again according to her the latest regime although dictatorship is a pretty good 1 and the country was being run pretty good .

u dont find it odd that extremist that would commit suicide bombings today would just chill the day b4 ?

to make a long story short , it is propaganda fueled by the US to make it legit for them to do what they have to do in order get what they want in the middle east . its that flase flag BS , they cause shit so that they can have a reason to invade for oil maybe, strategic spot in the ME etc etc but they are certainly not there because they want to change a bad regime lol . if that were the case they'd be all over africa and plenty more spots around the globe .

hope that helps a lil

edit : not sure of the city but here sister lives a short distance from damascus

what skylox said is true this country have been doing pretty well and people were living a very peaceful life over the past years as far as i know.I got really surprised when i saw what's happening also media doesn't help and there is a lot of false info.Myself i was there in 2010 and i enjoyed my time beautiful areas and very social citizens.I hope for them that everything gets back to normal but when the big boys are on their case it's gonna be tough or even impossible :(

oh the conflict exists and her sister and husband are both canadian citizens who are currently in ottawa because of the conflict/war . they came last month.

what u dont seem to understand along with most westeners , the conflict only exists since america started it and most likely fuels it . i never been to syria but acording to my GF and her sister , syria was prolly one of the most peaceful country's in the middle east . peaceful in the sence that muslims , jews and christians live together and go about their daily lives normally .

again according to her the latest regime although dictatorship is a pretty good 1 and the country was being run pretty good .

u dont find it odd that extremist that would commit suicide bombings today would just chill the day b4 ?

to make a long story short , it is propaganda fueled by the US to make it legit for them to do what they have to do in order get what they want in the middle east . its that flase flag BS , they cause shit so that they can have a reason to invade for oil maybe, strategic spot in the ME etc etc but they are certainly not there because they want to change a bad regime lol . if that were the case they'd be all over africa and plenty more spots around the globe .

hope that helps a lil

edit : not sure of the city but here sister lives a short distance from damascus

she doesnt see the conflict because she is probably part of the same religious sect as syrias dictator or she is a christian.

if you didnt already know its the government (alawis + christians) fighting sunnis. and guess who has the tanks and the helicopter gunships?

That is so far from reality. I'm from Lebanon, I have family in Syria. Al Queada is hired and paid for by Western interests. They are murdering people in droves, just like they did in Libya. Paul is absolutely right. Interventionism is not the principals of the founding fathers, nor are they Libertarian ideology. The true war that America should be fighting is to restore it's constitution.

We will agree to disagree on this one. Paul will never retire. His ideas will forever live on in the people that made him the rockstar he is today.

she doesnt see the conflict because she is probably part of the same religious sect as syrias dictator or she is a christian.

if you didnt already know its the government (alawis + christians) fighting sunnis. and guess who has the tanks and the helicopter gunships?

The Salafi are a plight in the Arab world. I see your point. I am Druze. Al Assad is a turd, but Al Qaeda rulling the country like in Libya/Egypt is far worse. Western powers use the latter like a tool. They place it wherever they need to go in and then use media to sell it to the ppl.

The Salafi are a plight in the Arab world. I see your point. I am Druze. Al Assad is a turd, but Al Qaeda rulling the country like in Libya/Egypt is far worse. Western powers use the latter like a tool. They place it wherever they need to go in and then use media to sell it to the ppl.

so 100's of women and children lives every week is an acceptable price for you if it means keeping AQ out?
sunnis rebelled against the government (btw they are the majority ethinic group) and they are getting massacred. the AQ element is present only because Assad let his troops loose. face it he is not entitled to rule that country.

my in-laws are syrian, assad was ruling the country just fine, Syria has progressed greatly since he took power from his father, it is by no means an open western-like country, but progress is progress...

people who owned any type of land or businesses are getting big time screwed because of this manufactured uprising, yes manufactured... land value was on the rise before the shit hit the fan, and christians had a lot of interests and investments in the country, this was partially an economic attack on the better off, and i can bet all these sunni scum will squat in the deserted homes of the people fleeing the war, just like in egypt (the first time around, not the recent uprising)

assad is the lesser of 2 evils, no good can come from the brotherhood taking control, they must be crushed, and mortar shells are the only way to do it, just like the Hama bombing of 1982

100's of women and children? are you really that ignorant to believe it's as simple as that? were they sacrificed as human shields to the media? do the terrorists hide among them strategically? likely i think... were those images even real? they replay some old footage of old attacks/protests to fuel the propaganda machine in the middle east all the time... deaths are occurring, no debate there, but the responsibility of those deaths is highly contorted

it is a very sad situation for all

hope that helps a lil

Thank you for the clarification. To answer your question I don't find it odd that young Syrians see what happened in Tunisia, Egypt and Libya and want to oust their dictator. Obama definitely doesn't want the US military at war in Syria or Iran and especially in an election year. There are too many intangibles and Iran and Syria are far more powerful than Libya and have strong Russian support.

That said I also have no doubt that the US is doing all it can covertly in both Syria and Iran to topple the regimes but I don't think they have very much power (at least as much as you think they have) to do so. I don't think the US or any country can influence hundreds of thousands of Syrians to brave death and protest for over a year all over the country. That sounds a little too conspiracy theory like for me. These people are doing it of their own accord and I think a little help from the West to stop them from being massacred would be the right thing to do.

my in-laws are syrian, assad was ruling the country just fine, Syria has progressed greatly since he took power from his father, it is by no means an open western-like country, but progress is progress...

people who owned any type of land or businesses are getting big time screwed because of this manufactured uprising, yes manufactured... land value was on the rise before the shit hit the fan, and christians had a lot of interests and investments in the country, this was partially an economic attack on the better off, and i can bet all these sunni scum will squat in the deserted homes of the people fleeing the war, just like in egypt (the first time around, not the recent uprising)

assad is the lesser of 2 evils, no good can come from the brotherhood taking control, they must be crushed, and mortar shells are the only way to do it, just like the Hama bombing of 1982

100's of women and children? are you really that ignorant to believe it's as simple as that? were they sacrificed as human shields to the media? do the terrorists hide among them strategically? likely i think... were those images even real? they replay some old footage of old attacks/protests to fuel the propaganda machine in the middle east all the time... deaths are occurring, no debate there, but the responsibility of those deaths is highly contorted

it is a very sad situation for all

you're saying im using western propaganda, while you are pretty much taking for granted whatever russia says as truth. you are seeing it as brotherhood or assad. why is it the case? if syria was as progressive as you say then toppling assad wont bring about the brotherhood. im not denying that they are present, they are and thats just a fact of life in those countries but they wont be taking power any time after assad. thats basically the same argument russia and the assad supporters are using.

and dont tell me you think the videos of tens of children killed we saw a couple weeks ago was fake. i guess the body of hamza that was returned to his parents with his penis cut and tortured was fake too?

you're saying im using western propaganda, while you are pretty much taking for granted whatever russia says as truth. you are seeing it as brotherhood or assad. why is it the case? if syria was as progressive as you say then toppling assad wont bring about the brotherhood. im not denying that they are present, they are and thats just a fact of life in those countries but they wont be taking power any time after assad. thats basically the same argument russia and the assad supporters are using.

and dont tell me you think the videos of tens of children killed we saw a couple weeks ago was fake. i guess the body of hamza that was returned to his parents with his penis cut and tortured was fake too?

no, not saying any of that, i don't watch RT news either

they are not progressive, they have just progressed relative to where they were since assad's father

who is really responsible for any of those deaths/atrocities? bodies don't speak, and if they did, whose to say they wouldn't for the cause? who is to say they aren't blackmailed to blame someone? who's to say good men, soldiers aren't being killed and tortured? how do you know anything other than the perception of what is actually happening out there, be it western or russian?

one thing i do know is that assad is better than an extremist "party" which will be elected simply because sunni's outnumber anyone else, whether the brotherhood, AQ, or any other blanket term for extremists you can think of

so 100's of women and children lives every week is an acceptable price for you if it means keeping AQ out?
sunnis rebelled against the government (btw they are the majority ethinic group) and they are getting massacred. the AQ element is present only because Assad let his troops loose. face it he is not entitled to rule that country.

Salafis are trying the same crap in Tripoli, Aley, Beirut etc..

Assad is shit, but al-Qaeda won't be any better.

who is really responsible for any of those deaths/atrocities? bodies don't speak, and if they did, whose to say they wouldn't for the cause? who is to say they aren't blackmailed to blame someone? who's to say good men, soldiers aren't being killed and tortured? how do you know anything other than the perception of what is actually happening out there, be it western or russian?

one journalist was asked this very same question. you know what his answer was? look at any syrian city under seige, the neighborhoods where the army controls are deserted while the neighborhoods the rebels control are full of people. would you take your family to a neighborhood unless you know its the safest option for them? i think those syrians know whos doing the killing.

^But is that true? Can you confirm it? How do you know it's not just spin?

Just like Libya. Look at Libya now.

Thank you for the clarification. To answer your question I don't find it odd that young Syrians see what happened in Tunisia, Egypt and Libya and want to oust their dictator. Obama definitely doesn't want the US military at war in Syria or Iran and especially in an election year. There are too many intangibles and Iran and Syria are far more powerful than Libya and have strong Russian support.

That said I also have no doubt that the US is doing all it can covertly in both Syria and Iran to topple the regimes but I don't think they have very much power (at least as much as you think they have) to do so. I don't think the US or any country can influence hundreds of thousands of Syrians to brave death and protest for over a year all over the country. That sounds a little too conspiracy theory like for me. These people are doing it of their own accord and I think a little help from the West to stop them from being massacred would be the right thing to do.

syria was fine b4 this shit , that states had no business there .

remember the nucular bombs in iraq ? or the WMD in iraq ? yeah me either . this is exactly the same shit and rocc and rado said it perfectly .

its the same shit over and over and north americans just refuse to see it

just FYI . i asked her and she is SUNNI . so i guess ur argument is invalid

Back