Ron Paul on Syria

you're saying im using western propaganda, while you are pretty much taking for granted whatever russia says as truth. you are seeing it as brotherhood or assad. why is it the case? if syria was as progressive as you say then toppling assad wont bring about the brotherhood. im not denying that they are present, they are and thats just a fact of life in those countries but they wont be taking power any time after assad. thats basically the same argument russia and the assad supporters are using.

and dont tell me you think the videos of tens of children killed we saw a couple weeks ago was fake. i guess the body of hamza that was returned to his parents with his penis cut and tortured was fake too?

my GF said rocc knows what he's talking about especially since her info is coming directly from syria , no russian or western media , real life

one journalist was asked this very same question. you know what his answer was? look at any syrian city under seige, the neighborhoods where the army controls are deserted while the neighborhoods the rebels control are full of people. would you take your family to a neighborhood unless you know its the safest option for them? i think those syrians know whos doing the killing.

exactly, so to avoid being killed you side with the killers, right?
you kinda went against the very point you thought you were making lol

and danny: do you think you'd see an uprising in Saudi Arabia for example? doubtful, wonder why...
and fwiw, exerting a great influence does not always necessitate great effort, don't think of it as a conspiracy that americans are directly controlling all these rebels; planting a seed that is encouraged by religious leaders, arming them ($$$), and stepping in last minute to reap the rewards and be heralded as white knights seems like a pretty good plan

war via proxy, seems to be he new fad in foreign policy, much cheaper and with less casualties(US) than a traditional direct war

That is so far from reality. I'm from Lebanon, I have family in Syria. Al Queada is hired and paid for by Western interests. They are murdering people in droves, just like they did in Libya. Paul is absolutely right. Interventionism is not the principals of the founding fathers, nor are they Libertarian ideology. The true war that America should be fighting is to restore it's constitution.

We will agree to disagree on this one. Paul will never retire. His ideas will forever live on in the people that made him the rockstar he is today.
You see, this is where I disagree with you. Just because America funded Bin Laden with over 3 Billion dollars to use against the invasion of the Soviet Union does not mean that America is still "paying" Al Qaida for their own benefit. Whenever you speak about Al Qaida, it always seems to me that you are referring to the United States. It seems as if you can't admit that this terrorist organization is just a bunch of Muslim fanatics who used American taxpayers money(that had not have to be been given to them in the first place) in committing atrocities all in the name of "Allah" or as you would call it, "America"

You see, this is where I disagree with you. Just because America funded Bin Laden with over 3 Billion dollars to use against the invasion of the Soviet Union does not mean that America is still "paying" Al Qaida for their own benefit. Whenever you speak about Al Qaida, it always seems to me that you are referring to the United States. It seems as if you can't admit that this terrorist organization is just a bunch of Muslim fanatics who used American taxpayers money(that had not have to be been given to them in the first place) in committing atrocities all in the name of "Allah" or as you would call it, "America"

Then how the Fake Syrian Army (The so-called "rebels" in Syria that kill civilians in cold blood and then blame it on assad) get all this money and weaponry ?

Source: Bestgore, syria videos, just look at how 9/10 of the civilian deaths are due to rebels and not government forces, also, there's a shitload of propaganda videos from that group.

http://www.bestgore.com/execution/more-proof-al-houla-massacre-carried-out-sunni-terrorists/

Just like how, surprisingly, when Libya fell under "liberty and equalty", you could see Al Qaeda's flag over revolutionary buildings, racism against blacks becoming a reality, and sharia is soon to be implemented. Guess who bragged for months that they were funding the "freedom" rebels ? NATO, especially Obama.

WTF.jpg

But nooo, the west didn't do anything, the weapons and money appeared by themselves.

^ that link basically says that because al-houla victims were executed and not shelled then it must have been AQ terrorists and not government forces. excuse me? lol

^ that link basically says that because al-houla victims were executed and not shelled then it must have been AQ terrorists and not government forces. excuse me? lol

If you're a follower of bestgore you'd understand the meaning, look at the other syria postings, you'll get the picture.

Then how the Fake Syrian Army (The so-called "rebels" in Syria that kill civilians in cold blood and then blame it on assad) get all this money and weaponry ?

Source: Bestgore, syria videos, just look at how 9/10 of the civilian deaths are due to rebels and not government forces, also, there's a shitload of propaganda videos from that group.

http://www.bestgore.com/execution/more-proof-al-houla-massacre-carried-out-sunni-terrorists/

Just like how, surprisingly, when Libya fell under "liberty and equalty", you could see Al Qaeda's flag over revolutionary buildings, racism against blacks becoming a reality, and sharia is soon to be implemented. Guess who bragged for months that they were funding the "freedom" rebels ? NATO, especially Obama.

WTF.jpg

But nooo, the west didn't do anything, the weapons and money appeared by themselves.
Are you kidding me? Best gore itself is full of propaganda by stating that, and I quote "Zionist masters financing Syrian insurgency". Mark Marek is an idiot and just another conspiracy theorist. He not only blames the U.S., but also Israel for "controlling" and taking part in the killings of the Syrian people.

Are you kidding me? Best gore itself is full of propaganda by stating that, and I quote "Zionist masters financing Syrian insurgency". Mark Marek is an idiot and just another conspiracy theorist. He not only blames the U.S., but also Israel for "controlling" and taking part in the killings of the Syrian people.

Lol @ denying actual videos showing non-government personnel killing civilians.

http://www.bestgore.com/execution/a...sibility-execution-13-men-deir-al-zoor-syria/

Now how will you deny this one ? Hackers got into the AQ website and added false claims lol ?

Last edited:
exactly, so to avoid being killed you side with the killers, right?
you kinda went against the very point you thought you were making lol

and danny: do you think you'd see an uprising in Saudi Arabia for example? doubtful, wonder why...
and fwiw, exerting a great influence does not always necessitate great effort, don't think of it as a conspiracy that americans are directly controlling all these rebels; planting a seed that is encouraged by religious leaders, arming them ($$$), and stepping in last minute to reap the rewards and be heralded as white knights seems like a pretty good plan

war via proxy, seems to be he new fad in foreign policy, much cheaper and with less casualties(US) than a traditional direct war

that pretty much says it all

Food for the though

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/06/cia-syria/

The Obama administration swears it’s not arming the Syrian uprising. But the CIA reportedly is doing the next best thing: helping other nations figure out which rebel factions ought to get weapons shipments. And the revelation that the United States is involved more deeply in Syria than the Obama team has let on is starting to stir some misgivings among powerful legislators.

The New York Times reports that CIA operatives are in southern Turkey to aid anti-Assad nations as they funnel “automatic rifles, rocket-propelled grenades, ammunition and some antitank weapons” to the fractious Syrian opposition. As with 2011′s Libya uprising, there are many questions about the future intentions of Syrian rebels; the presence of extremists among them; and the ability of the rebels to control any weapons they receive.

And so, much like last year’s revolt in Libya, the CIA is on hand — while the rest of the government denies any such involvement. Only here, the agency isn’t, reportedly, helping scout targets and train the opposition. It’s gathering intelligence for a taxonomy on the different rebel factions, and in a roundabout way, enabling the shipments. The United States isn’t evidently giving the Syrians weapons.

Still, it’s another step toward direct US involvement in Syria’s civil war — a prospect that doesn’t sit well with the chairman of the House Armed Services Committee.

“We’ve heard very little from the president about what we should be doing there, what our national interests are there. I understand the humanitarian part, but my understanding is we don’t know who the good guys and bad guys are,” Rep. Buck McKeon (R-California) told reporters on Thursday.

Intervening in Syria has support in Congress, mainly from McKeon’s Senate counterpart, John McCain. McKeon wasn’t concerned about their disagreement. “I’ve heard that if two people agree on everything, one of them is an idiot, and Senator McCain and I are not idiots,” McKeon quipped.

At the Pentagon, spokesman George Little downplayed the prospect of US military involvement in Syria. “We are not providing lethal assistance to the Syrian opposition,” Little said. But he didn’t deny that other US government agencies might be.

Syria’s intensifying internal conflict has spurred mixed feelings within the US military. Some, like the commander of US forces in the Middle East, Gen. James Mattis, seem to Syria as an opportunity to deal its patron, Iran, a setback. The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Martin Dempsey, sounds less enthusiastic.

“It’s not about ‘can we do it,’” Dempsey testified in March. “It’s ‘should we do it.’ And ‘what are the opportunity costs?’”

As Ryan Evans, a research fellow at the Center for National Policy, tweeted, “CIA reportedly giving weapons to opposition fighters in Syria because blowback never happens and the Middle East needs more weapons.”

so basically , like i said earlier , the killing is taking place no doubt about it. how it came to be from a more or less peaceful country is what u gotta ask urselves .

reading some of the stuff people post in this thread makes me laugh and cry at the same time . its beyond me how some peeps just cant see that the US is behind this .

also , al qaeda was apparently US enemy #1 and osama etc etc , now they are arming them etc etc .dont u see the trend ? noriega . gaddafi , saddam , osama just to name a few were all put into power by the US then when they no longer played balled the US pulls the plug in name of democratie and a bunch of other BS.

think about it

so basically , like i said earlier , the killing is taking place no doubt about it. how it came to be from a more or less peaceful country is what u gotta ask urselves .

reading some of the stuff people post in this thread makes me laugh and cry at the same time . its beyond me how some peeps just cant see that the US is behind this .

also , al qaeda was apparently US enemy #1 and osama etc etc , now they are arming them etc etc .dont u see the trend ? noriega . gaddafi , saddam , osama just to name a few were all put into power by the US then when they no longer played balled the US pulls the plug in name of democratie and a bunch of other BS.

think about it

Slobodan... and it happened in Europe.

Back