------The Mazdaspeed Thread-----

Come on les gars, gardez le thread clean, toutes les marques ont leur points faibles!

Je sais, mais quand même c'est le pire de tous selon moi.

Un bris mécanique, électrique ne rend pas le char fini pour autant.
Dans tout les projet ''build'' les partie les plus chiante et plus longue est la rouille à répareré

J'avais mis la mazdaspeed 6 dans ma liste de prochain char, mais sachant que c'était pas plus fort qu'une p5 sur la rouille j'ai laissé tombé.

Ma maxima est ultra clean vu de l'extérieur (pas de rouille apparente), toute mes pièces sont en excellent état. elle roule mieux qu'à sont 0km puisqu'elle est moddé..... mais le frame rail et le support à rad... wait-what... sont pu là... (même avec antirouille régulier)
c'est la SEULE raison pourquoi je me débarasse de mon char.

PS, c'est quun du club qui s'est essayé sur la 440 la fds de la st jean sp6 gris?

418918_10151241446375403_902727903_n.jpg

je trouve ca toujour drole de voir les photos que vous postez des Mazda rouiller, car je vois et vous voyer aussi beaucoup d'autre model de c'est année qui sont rouiller

Je sais, mais quand même c'est le pire de tous selon moi.

Un bris mécanique, électrique ne rend pas le char fini pour autant.
Dans tout les projet ''build'' les partie les plus chiante et plus longue est la rouille à répareré

J'avais mis la mazdaspeed 6 dans ma liste de prochain char, mais sachant que c'était pas plus fort qu'une p5 sur la rouille j'ai laissé tombé.

Ma maxima est ultra clean vu de l'extérieur (pas de rouille apparente), toute mes pièces sont en excellent état. elle roule mieux qu'à sont 0km puisqu'elle est moddé..... mais le frame rail et le support à rad... wait-what... sont pu là... (même avec antirouille régulier)
c'est la SEULE raison pourquoi je me débarasse de mon char.

PS, c'est quun du club qui s'est essayé sur la 440 la fds de la st jean sp6 gris?

As-tu déjà vu une Speed6 rouillée? Moi non, et crois-moi à toutes les fois que j'ai l'occasion de faire le tour de une je le fais. Mazda n'est pas constant dans la peinture, ca varie de faible à très faible. Regarde les P5, elle sont pas mal plus décalissées que les Protegé sedan, pourtant, même ligne de montage.

Anyway, TOUS LES CHARS ONT LEURS POINTS FAIBLES, je le répète. Ta Maxima a une géométrie de suspension très discutable et selon MES critères d'achat moi un char mal-née côté suspension C'EST un big-time-no-no. Est-ce que la Maxima est un char merdique pour autant? Non!

On prend ce qui nous plaît dans le budget qu'on a et on s'arrange pour que ca dure, peu importe la marque. Basher une marque depuis 2000, c'est retarded, tous les chars sont bons!

je trouve ca toujour drole de voir les photos que vous postez des Mazda rouiller, car je vois et vous voyer aussi beaucoup d'autre model de c'est année qui sont rouiller

Welcome to MTLRaisin. Honda rouille et a 100000 rappels, Toyota ce borne à produire des auto soporifiques (sauf la FR-S et la TC mais merde, $$$$$$$$$$$$) à gros taux d'intérêt et a 100000 rappels, VW n'a toujours pas rêglé ses problèmes électriques depuis... 1993, GM est toujours aussi inégal dans la qualité de ses voitures malgré toute sa bonne volonté, Nissan ce cherche toujours et encore, and the list goes on pour toutes les marques, blablablabla. Mais Mazda c'est tellement de la marde sur ce site...

My rant, mais f*ck, vous pensez tous commes des travailleurs d'usine sans éducation à 27$/hrs protégé par votre syndicat qui vous plume. Le Canadien, vos B16 et 1.8T Engines of God all the rest is f*cksh*t and I post that on MTLRacing, votre tite frête en punchant out, Occupation Douche, le Fuzz pis vos o*stie de mentalités figées dans le béton. Et vous chialez probablement contre les boomers qui sont... figés dans le béton, comme vous. MTLRacing FTW!

I own a Mazdaspeed 6 and it is a beautiful car. It is comfortable, runs great, has a good amount of power and it's not everyday you see one on the road. Unfortunately the rust on these cars is somewhat inevitable. You've got those lucky few who haven't had a hint of rust since they bought the car, then you have those with a slight bit of surface exposure, then you've got the "HOLY F*CK" smack in the face with bat rust. These cars have the unfortunate fate of the P5 (my protege suffered...) from what I've seen. I met a guy not to long ago with a black 2006 speed 6. I checked his car out and it was MINT. No kidding, a month later the rear wells were warped and on their way to rustopia. Although, if you know how, I strongly suggest treating your rust right away. Oil spray the shiz out of the car, sand down the nasty and re paint, and above all... TREAT HER NICE!!!

As for the DISI? Try to find a single Mazda forum that won't mention the TSB for the turbo. This POS is the demise of this engine. Turbo seals blown, blue/black/white smoke out the exhaust? Come on... Seriously? When I had my TSB done, the gentlemen at the service counter, along with a mechanic, told me that the DISI burns oil. Straight up, they believe it is within their NORM to burn 2/3 to about 1L of oil! WTF? I couldn't believe it. Would you believe me if I told you that straight up? Of course not... So I got it in writing from the dealership.

But in complete honesty, if you love cars, your car, then you will do what most of us already do. Keep on driving.

I own a Mazdaspeed 6 and it is a beautiful car. It is comfortable, runs great, has a good amount of power and it's not everyday you see one on the road. Unfortunately the rust on these cars is somewhat inevitable. You've got those lucky few who haven't had a hint of rust since they bought the car, then you have those with a slight bit of surface exposure, then you've got the "HOLY F*CK" smack in the face with bat rust. These cars have the unfortunate fate of the P5 (my protege suffered...) from what I've seen. I met a guy not to long ago with a black 2006 speed 6. I checked his car out and it was MINT. No kidding, a month later the rear wells were warped and on their way to rustopia. Although, if you know how, I strongly suggest treating your rust right away. Oil spray the shiz out of the car, sand down the nasty and re paint, and above all... TREAT HER NICE!!!

As for the DISI? Try to find a single Mazda forum that won't mention the TSB for the turbo. This POS is the demise of this engine. Turbo seals blown, blue/black/white smoke out the exhaust? Come on... Seriously? When I had my TSB done, the gentlemen at the service counter, along with a mechanic, told me that the DISI burns oil. Straight up, they believe it is within their NORM to burn 2/3 to about 1L of oil! WTF? I couldn't believe it. Would you believe me if I told you that straight up? Of course not... So I got it in writing from the dealership.

But in complete honesty, if you love cars, your car, then you will do what most of us already do. Keep on driving.

I'm looking to buy my parents' Speed6 at the end of the Summer or early Fall. Pearl white, looks mint, 100k but never ever pushed.
However, 87 octane was used for the first 90k and 91 since then.

Questions for you guys:
- What should be checked during the inspection? (Compression, leak down, turbo seals, ??)
- Do you think that the 87 gas has really damaged or gunked up the engine?

Thanks

mon speed 6 etais percer en dessous des lumiere arriere et tout les tour d'aile arriere.

j'espere juste que mon speed3 va toffer plus longtemps pour pas avoir de rouille, et je vais essayer de mieux l'entretenir encore que le 6!

GOOD IDEA FOR CREATING THIS THREAD BUD!! *tu*
Got my MazdaSpeed3 not too long ago and im fkn lovin this car !

pics comin soon

Questions for you guys:
- What should be checked during the inspection? (Compression, leak down, turbo seals, ??)

Thanks

No it will not have damaged the engine. The only thing is your parents were not using all the power you can get from a speed6

I'm looking to buy my parents' Speed6 at the end of the Summer or early Fall. Pearl white, looks mint, 100k but never ever pushed.

Questions for you guys:

Thanks

Buy it, run a couple of 94oct tank, Grab a Cobb Accessport and enjoy :)

j'aime ce treah sauf les photos de rouille lolll wtf..pour ma part j'adore mon speed surtout ça puissance et encore plus depuis que j'ai mis mon sri and inlet cobb avec la tune avec l'accesport...oufff le son :)
IMG_4353.jpg

Hey Josh, the way you drive around I'm surprised I haven't spotted you yet either. I gotta try to make it out to one of the West Island meets.

Oops sorry for the late reply sammifan! Yeah man it's surprising haha I'm always cruising somewhere :p Do you attend any meets yourself? I mean I go to JDM monday once in a while, I've yet to go to a Mazda meet at marché centrale and I've been to a few vaudreuil meets this year but yeah man hopefully we cross paths one of these days. Doesn't even have to be at a WI meet (truth be told I've only been to one)

Questions for you guys:

Thanks

Check compression, turbo seals, see if rear diff is leaking, a/c compressor, make sure PCV isn't f***ked, use a magnet to go over the body below the door handles(used to be a problem where you could kick the door lock hard enough, it would open) and make sure it's been running proper oil. The engine can start running into problems after you change the timing belt usually because people cheap out and only want to do the water pump/belt whereas you should be checking the overall health and internals of the engine. Additionally the car doesn't handle improperly done mods. It's silly to say but there is an order to modify the engines, it handles boost and mods reliably upto a certain point but if you don't do things in order then certain components start to wear quicker and then you run into bigger problems. Exhaust, intake + accessport and you're up and running at a reliable tune with loads of power and sound :)

I've learned this through the problems Mazderp has encountered and from general tech that I know about the 2.3 DISI that the speed3 and speed6 use!

87 would certainly harm the engine yes. The grade of octane is the temperature at which it ignites. Lower numbers mean it ignites at a cooler temperature where a big number needs more heat so it would screw up the engines timing because there would be delays in ignition. Over time I'm sure this could harm to the engine but don't quote me.

If you're buying your parents speed6 then there shouldn't be too many issues as at least they've driven it better than most and assuming they brought it to the dealer for all maintenance!

Good luck on your purchase :)

Back