No more posting details unless you are an authorized vendor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grandpa has decided to revive his account to post in this thread.

First of all, I don't want to work on any member's car for money. I am passionate about what I do and money just complicates passions. This being said, here is a different perspective on this whole posting ban.

Danny did not say no one can post any more. Danny said no one can post threads of "Look at my work how good I am and maybe you can come see me so I can give your car a fancy wash" unless they pay for the publicity.
This is an acceptable arrangement since it has cost him, over the past many years, lots of money and time to maintain this site. And in my irrelevant opinion, sections like this are not about conversations, but more about show and tell.
If you want to engage in conversations, then a forum is a perfect place for that. If the only replies to your posts are : Nice, Awesome, so cool, can you do my car, can you do my girlfriend? Than you should pay to spam us!

This is it. Charging for a service and then allowing others to use the same service for free to advertise their business make ZERO sense. Spare me the "he's in it for the money bullshit" too. I got enough of that crap ten years ago when I introduced the commercial account. I would rather have a fair and consistent set of rules that everyone follows and NO vendors. You want to leave the site? I'll be happy to ban your accounts.

CobrAAA has made no request for such a rule even though he's well within his right to do so. I came into this section a few weeks ago and saw 2-3 other detailing threads complete with watermarks and signature ads for the company. Didn't realize people were doing that so the rule was put in place. You detail your own car? No prob. You had your car detailed? Fine post it. If I see a million threads for the same company obliviously something is up and I'll look into it.

Danny are we still allowed posting or work ( i make less than a thread per week) if we remove our watermarks?

This is it. Charging for a service and then allowing others to use the same service for free to advertise their business make ZERO sense. Spare me the "he's in it for the money bullshit" too. I got enough of that crap ten years ago when I introduced the commercial account. I would rather have a fair and consistent set of rules that everyone follows and NO vendors. You want to leave the site? I'll be happy to ban your accounts.

CobrAAA has made no request for such a rule even though he's well within his right to do so. I came into this section a few weeks ago and saw 2-3 other detailing threads complete with watermarks and signature ads for the company. Didn't realize people were doing that so the rule was put in place. You detail your own car? No prob. You had your car detailed? Fine post it. If I see a million threads for the same company obliviously something is up and I'll look into it.

Thanks!

J'espère vous allez arrêter avec vos fausses accusations. Tellement de bashing gratuit, 95% des gens me connaissent même pas et se permettent de dire des sales conneries.

Après avoir lu les dernières pages de cet démêlé, je trouve qu’il y a de très bons points des deux bords de la clôture. Une interdiction matraque comme celle-ci ne profite à personne, autant pour MR, les detailers qui postaient que les personnes qui adorait jeter un coup d'oeil et apprendre certain truc. Certes, comme plusieurs d'entre vous l'ont exprimé, cette prohibition risque d'affecter l'interaction qu'il y avait dans la section. À mon avis, l'attrait qu'il y a ici est en grande majorité causé par la variété de thread de différent detailer par rapport à leur job.

D'un autre point de vue, je comprends un peu la manière d'agir de MR. Je pense que certaines personnes retirent beaucoup de visibilité gratuite grâce à leur étalement de job ici. Je n'ose même pas penser au coût engendré pour avoir une aussi belle carte de visite comme en ce lieu, mais dans un magazine automobile ou même dans le journal. Aussi, je trouve personnellement qu'il y a un manque de thread de job avec du contenu de qualité, ce qui n'aide pas à la cause. Certain d'entre nous accomplissons de très belle réalisation et parfois sur des véhicules hors du commun, ce qui mérite fortement d'être visionné, mais s.v.p. Soyer le moindrement créatif, éducatif, original ou visuellement intéressant dans vos compositions. Juste avec ça, tu élimines les lymphatiques qui créent des discussions plutôt inutiles, vides de contenu pour le lecteur et composé quasi uniquement de photos tout aussi insignifiantes les unes par rapport aux autres, ce qui aiderait la cause pour les plus vaillants d'entre vous.

Pour finir, si l'on veut régler un conflit, il faut mettre de l'eau dans son vin et apporté des idées ou solutions, ce que peu de personnes on fait encore. Je lance ça vite vite, mais pourquoi ne pas avoir un cotas mensuel par rapport à la création de thread de job dans la section detailing ou même payer un très petit montant pour avoir la chance d'étaler une job, ce qui par le fait même aiderait au niveau de la qualité. D'autres idées??

Alexandre

Unfortunately no this would not be permitted unless it's your own car.

but there is many MR members with more than one car. Check out NSXMOFO's stash. lol. sure beats a lot of beaters that I have :)

I support you that if company's are posting to publicize then they need to pay for it.

you know you don't have to click on cobraaa's or whoever's thread. just fly by them if you got a beef with the member.

end of the day everyone minds their business. : )

Its obvious that cobraaa is behind this new rule. I was about to refer to my bosses and friends but not anymore.
Shame on what you did, members like you are killing MR

Sent from my toilet while taking a dump whit my cellphone (srs)

You were about to refer him to your bosses and friends? Dude you shit on him and his work all of the time!

Give me a break.

Have fun following everybody else's lead on the interwebz. Like I said last time you started shitting on Cobra and his work, where does your deep hatred for him come from? Have you ever even met him? Has he detailed your GC8?

Or, are you hating on him because the "cool" kids do? I know you'd love to be an "epic" MR member like some of the others consider themselves, but at least have a reason to your statements.

And no, I don't have a personal vendetta for you. I just don't feel like keeping my mouth shut as you constantly pollute the forum with statements you've pulled out of your ass, from your multiple accounts over the years.

Je trouve malheureux cette décision et je crois que la meilleure façon d'y répondre est d'ignorer complètent cette section. De toute façon sauf quelques exceptions nous n'apprenions rien concernant le detailing. Mais semblait être un site publicitaire pour certain.
Ceux que le vrai détailing intéresse je vous invite à aller faire un tour sur le forum d'autoweek.

C'est mon opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back