No more posting details unless you are an authorized vendor

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you guys blame CobrAAA when its Danny's site. he's been running this site for years, if you have a problem with a rule you deal with him not with a sponsor LOL. why dont you guys stop pointing fingers and ask the boss directly

well all I see is that he admits he owns a "detailing company". Soooooooooo like every other section on this forum, TO ADVERTISE YOU NEED A COMMERCIAL ACCOUNT. C'EST PAS COMPLIQUE.

well all I see is that he admits he owns a "detailing company". Soooooooooo like every other section on this forum, TO ADVERTISE YOU NEED A COMMERCIAL ACCOUNT. C'EST PAS COMPLIQUE.

By that logic, everyone would have to have a commercial account if they have a job plain and simple.
Anyone taking pictures = is a photographer and should pay the commercial account.
Anyone doing an oil change = mechanic and should pay the commercial account.
Any one who does plasti-dip = bodyshop/cosmetic enhancements shop and should have a commercial account.

If all you read is that I have a detailing company, then you didn't read very much. I clearly wrote that I get none of my business here with the exception of 1 guy. all I do is post work. and I don't post all of it, just a few jobs.

Also, I don't go out and advertise. I don't have my company name in the thread titles. I don't even have it written anywhere in the threads. No phone number, or website or even business address. Where am I publicizing?

Besides, it's not the first time you go against what I say since you're a CobrAAA fan boy. When someone asked why a thread was closed, and I said it could be the mod...you panicked and went straight to the "Joey stop being a hater, it makes you sound like a jackass" crap.

this is complete bullshit, I too have only detailed 2 MR members cars and only one was actually shown with a thread, I never advertised anything. If what is said in this thread is true DIY's and working on a friends car is ok.

And with only two paid accounts, considering Moosie barely posts anything it's pretty obvious who is complaining, if Cobraaa gets his way he will be the only person posting anything in the section and people will get bored, traffic will fall along with revenue from sponsors. Ever heard of a little friendly competition? Everyone else shows respect to one and other. And if you are as good as you say it shouldn't matter at all because you're the best so you can use others as decoys to show how much better you are than the rest.

JoeyV is damn right! i have nothing against cobrAAA but making this rule will make him ''the only poster'' and all he's posting is propaganda and it's really annoying me! and trust me that if it annoys ME then alot of people will leave this section :) i'm not a ''real'' detailer but i wanted to post some of my first detailing jobs ever but since this new rule then fuck it ill go somewhere else :) thank you cobrAAA and DanyITR

aaaa et si on continue sur la lignée de ta règle va falloir fermer la section a vendre aussi! puisque tout ceux qui vendent leur mags suspension char etc sont pas ''commercant'' so no more sales thread why?

because stupid rule !

I think the rule is fair, 99% of the post are by "professional" detailer and very few members actually come in here. Don't be a fool, if you post a write up, it's only to promote yourself.

Isn't it the way it used to be until a year ago?

Faut tu que j'paye si j 'ai invité un membre de MR a m'amener son auto pour que je la répare meme si je suis pas un garage?

Je ne veux pas ouvrir une grosse canne de verre, mais quand le gars avec sa GTR a voulu avoir un photoshoot et donner la chance, justement à ceux qui le font pour le plaisir, vous avez été une bonne gang à le traiter de cheap et le photographe a caisi été vue comme un traite à offrir une job ''gratuite''.

Donc si je me fis à la section photographie, je ne crois pas que ce soit l'harmonie totale.

Ca a aucun rapport avec les ou le photographe, mais seulement avec le fait que le gars est capable de ce payer un GTR et pas un photoshoot a 200$.

Excuse moi Alex, mais au départ tu fessait ça sans acount commercial et c'est ça qui ta permis de te faire connaitre, et maintenant que tu a fais ton nom et que ta business roule, ont dirait bien que tu cherche a éliminé la compétition.

La première personne a qui j'ai penser quand j'ai lu ce thread c'est a toi qui semble depuis un certain temps a abuser de tes fonction de mod pour faire ta petite loi.

Oublie pas que plus tu est haut plus tu tombe de haut...

J'ai rien contre CobrAAA ou DanyITR, mais cette nouvelle règlementation ne semble pas faire l'affaire de personnes (ou presque)

Je suis moi-même un detailer, je ne poste jamais de photos de mes "oeuvres" içi, parce-que le free bashing est trop fréquent. Mes jobs sont A1 et je n'ai pas besoin d'attirer l'attention sur toutes les job que je fais. J'aime lire et voir les résultats des autres gars qui postent içi.

Laissons nous pas piller sur les pieds.

Isn't it the way it used to be until a year ago?

Not really,the only one that had a commercial account back then was CelicaGTS.

The thing is he never cried about the fact that people were posting their work here, he actually commented and gave tips on other people's threads.

I think the truth has been spoken, its sad to see how far things got. I personally enjoy reading about other detailer's work but hey what are we gonna do right?

What other forums do you guys normally post your work on ? feel free to pm me and i guess we will all emigrate and leave the sponsors alone.

This is a shit call, I detail as a hobby. Friends cars, family cars whatever it may be. I haven't posted any but sometimes I'd like to. Its nice to share with people who want to learn or flip through pics of a paint rejuvination.
Or what about the amateur that purchased equipment with the sole goal of learning, he can't share his findings ? Is it only once he becomes talented that his threads will be deleted?

edit: ^^ detailingworld is the place for most forum detailing, meguiarsonline and autogeek are also good. However its very rare to see any montreal guys posting.

Faut tu que j'paye si j 'ai invité un membre de MR a m'amener son auto pour que je la répare meme si je suis pas un garage?

J'aimerais mieux que oui, sinon d'autre mecanos qui ont des garages pourraient t'en vouloir surtout que tu mets des photos!

Grandpa has decided to revive his account to post in this thread.

First of all, I don't want to work on any member's car for money. I am passionate about what I do and money just complicates passions. This being said, here is a different perspective on this whole posting ban.

Danny did not say no one can post any more. Danny said no one can post threads of "Look at my work how good I am and maybe you can come see me so I can give your car a fancy wash" unless they pay for the publicity.
This is an acceptable arrangement since it has cost him, over the past many years, lots of money and time to maintain this site. And in my irrelevant opinion, sections like this are not about conversations, but more about show and tell.
If you want to engage in conversations, then a forum is a perfect place for that. If the only replies to your posts are : Nice, Awesome, so cool, can you do my car, can you do my girlfriend? Than you should pay to spam us!

pour une fois que je post un tread, quelque heure apres je me le fait supprime -_- je suis p-e pas un habituer du forum, mais je vien souvent dessus pour regarder le travail des autres et l'apprecier. je trouve sa dommage ajoute un reglement de la sorte.

J'ai beaucoup de critique adressé à mon endroit, mais honnêtement, j'ai aucune envie de partir une guerre de mot, c'est affaire là sont resté dans cours d'école du secondaire. Donc je réponderais à aucune personne pour être équitable avec tous et éviter de partir un feux.

(1) Vous êtes libres de posté des review, questions et job de fin de semaine pour les passionnés. Ceux qui ont un site web avec des prix affichés, bah .. Il me semble que c'est évident.

(2) La décision ne viens pas de moi.

Grandpa has decided to revive his account to post in this thread.

First of all, I don't want to work on any member's car for money. I am passionate about what I do and money just complicates passions. This being said, here is a different perspective on this whole posting ban.

Danny did not say no one can post any more. Danny said no one can post threads of "Look at my work how good I am and maybe you can come see me so I can give your car a fancy wash" unless they pay for the publicity.
This is an acceptable arrangement since it has cost him, over the past many years, lots of money and time to maintain this site. And in my irrelevant opinion, sections like this are not about conversations, but more about show and tell.
If you want to engage in conversations, then a forum is a perfect place for that. If the only replies to your posts are : Nice, Awesome, so cool, can you do my car, can you do my girlfriend? Than you should pay to spam us!

Bien dit.

I think it's fair simply because some people are paying to advertise while others may have benefit for quite some time free advertising here, me included.

It was good while it lasted.

That being said, it might kill this section because the diversity was fun to read. I honestly don't care for Cobra's thread alone.

Once again pointing fingers .lol no one remembers when CelicaGTS was a sponsor and he was complaining about CobrAAA's threads? He became a sponsor , now he's the bad guy. Once again. This is Danny's site, he's capable of making decisions on his own. Don't shit on a member because you aren't satisfied with his decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back