Wiper Relay Test SLOW Wipers

BORA BOY

Legacy Member
I am looking for a relay or someone who has a MKIV, without rain sense, to swap the relay in my car to test to see if that is my issue prior to pulling the wiper assembly appart.

North shore Blainville/Rosemare area.

Yeh but this car is not in the rain often and not winter driven so I would like to start with the simple stuff first.

your wipers are slow?

99.9% of the time its the wiper linkage...

take a look at it.. it takes 15 minutes to remove it

Yeh but this car is not in the rain often and not winter driven so I would like to start with the simple stuff first.

you answerd your own question really.. if your rarely ever use the wipers then you know for sure they are seized... dont use them they will jam up

I will pull the linkage and fix the problem; was told to start with the relay and then the linkage and motor

The relay would only make them turn on and off slowly, not move slowly. The aluminum and steel components react together and cause corrosion to form in the linkage. disassemble them and use a synthetic grease.

This is the same corrosion that causes the mirrors to fall off MK4s.

ive changed linkage motor and relay and my f*cken wipers are still supper slow to the point were they stop half way across the wind shield
would like to figure out this dam problem also especially that its on my daily

Its not the motor, its the linkage pivot points that gum up and freeze! That motor is super strong, it is NOT the problem!

Back