ICAR : Location Ferrari : S.A.C.: Résolu :)

Was way tl;dr, but from what I gathered, OP is pissed because he's getting charged a 30% rescheduling fee that was mentioned in the terms and agreements, but he's pissed about it?

OP wanted an exceptional date change made for him due to his personal situation.... he figured by giving them double the business... (an extra 99$) that they would be happy and accommodate him... sorry to say buddy but, rules are rules...

going off bashing a service provider(ICAR) because they didn't make an exception for you, because YOU didn't follow the rules or read the fine print is petty...

OP wanted an exceptional date change made for him due to his personal situation.... he figured by giving them double the business... (an extra 99$) that they would be happy and accommodate him... sorry to say buddy but, rules are rules...

going off bashing a service provider(ICAR) because they didn't make an exception for you, because YOU didn't follow the rules or read the fine print is petty...

It's 250$, not 99$.

ICar handled this in probably the worst way possible. They would rather lose a customer than reschedule and get 2. Idiots.

Whether or not a family member died, the %30 is there to cover the loss in revenue for you not coming. They will not burn gas or tires, therefore, do not need to charge for that aspect of it.

If you ran a business that relied on advanced bookings an not walk-ins, and someone bailed on you at the last minute, you are now not working and not making any money. I can't tell you how many times i get people calling in saying "something urgent came up, so i can't make my appointment". That means that the other guy that I told i was booked, and went somewhere else, could have been making me money. Instead i have a pile of parts at work and nothing to put them on.

The special was 99$... now whether the OP got that special, or wanted to get rimmed for 249$... who cares....
Disclaimer/rules/warning, wtv you want to call it ... based on what the OP described I don't see why he's complaining, (asides from getting a rude ICAR rep on the phone) you cancel last minute you need to pay the fee...

Whether or not a family member died, the %30 is there to cover the loss in revenue for you not coming. They will not burn gas or tires, therefore, do not need to charge for that aspect of it.

If you ran a business that relied on advanced bookings an not walk-ins, and someone bailed on you at the last minute, you are now not working and not making any money. I can't tell you how many times i get people calling in saying "something urgent came up, so i can't make my appointment". That means that the other guy that I told i was booked, and went somewhere else, could have been making me money. Instead i have a pile of parts at work and nothing to put them on.

While true, this is not the OP's situation. He did not cancel, he wanted to reschedule...with a couple days to spare on top of that. And on the reschedule, he wanted to add a second "forfait", meaning they would be getting his money, and even MORE if all they did was accommodate him. Now, they got nothing. It's not the right way to run a business. You can't just think about the fact that you're not making money right now. You have to think about the rep people are going to have of you, and the potential money you could make or lose later on.

The special was 99$... now whether the OP got that special, or wanted to get rimmed for 249$... who cares....
Disclaimer/rules/warning, wtv you want to call it ... based on what the OP described I don't see why he's complaining, (asides from getting a rude ICAR rep on the phone) you cancel last minute you need to pay the fee...

He did not cancel last minute. He didn't even want to cancel. He wanted to RESCHEDULE. therefor still giving money to the business. You really should have read the whole thing properly.

Surtout qu'il ces fait rappeller 2 semaines plus tard et quelque jour avant la date et meme pas a la bonne personne en plus.

From what I understood, it took ICAR over 2 weeks to confirm by which time he was already past the "no fee to reschedule" date? or did i read wrong. If I am correct, I would be pissed as well as had they called back earlier, OP would have had the proper leeway time to reschedule without incurring the fees. In either case, ICAR lost revenue for not accommodating OP given the personal circumstances given. Their loss IMO

They still choose to make 0$ instead of 500.00$ , business wise it is stupid !

I'm glad to see that some of you guys got the main points hehe.

I have gotten a call from their top hierarchy customer service today.
It seems this discussion will get quite fun when I wil have the time tomorrow to write the final details!

Je serais en criss moi aussi si ça arrivait ... tu fais un cadeau donc tu veux une confirmation le plus rapidement possible ... 2 semaines :dunno: Les entreprises qui ont zéro respect pour leur client ne méritent pas de respect en retour. Je vais passer le mots.

thought about it, just canceled that Idea! lol way to go ICAR, hire intelligent ppl, not robots... nobody likes to talk to robots...

You need to learn what shut the fuck up and gtfo means. That proves how dumb you are. Anyways don't try icar EV we know what would happen, the car will meet the wall again.

You're telling me you read all that?

He who needs 3000 words to say: I got poor service should write newspapers not web posts.

That is a very solid rant trolling aside. I would email that badboy to some french paper. Unfortunately I don't really know the name of any

Mr. Velocity, BComm, Majoring in Marketing
I work sometimes for people doing stuff. Biggest stuff doer in Canada

You're telling me you read all that?

He who needs 3000 words to say: I got poor service should write newspapers not web posts.

Yes I did. If you don't find it interesting just go to the next tread, don't post useless stuff.

Kthksbye

Please correct me if i'm off.

-Op filled up a form to secure reservation for a date 20 days later.
-Op got email to advise he would get contacted for payment in following days, reminder of 30 days notice for changes, or 30% penalty for shorter notice.
-Op received call a few days before the event to secure payment.
-Op decided last second to change date, which is allowed, but subject to penalties.
-Op blames ICAR, then posts contradicting statements here.
-Op went to university, and is a motorcycle guy.

Lemme know

Mr. Velocity, BComm, Majoring in Marketing
I work sometimes for people doing stuff. Biggest stuff doer in Canada

lol

^^ The idea is that ICar should have had the foresight to wave the fee because he was bringing a second customer on the new date.

It doesn't matter how many days had gone by, the point is that ICar did a terrible job of handling this. That is all.

Back