from experience, what the "stickyiest" tires?

Assman

im looking for a sticky street tire for 90% track usage. among the below choices, please chime in with your experiences:
I don't need it for comfort or noise, just DRY pavement grip.

I don't want a dedicated track tire as the wear index is relatively low, they are expensive, and the car is driven daily, so if I do not have time to swap out the tires, a least i'll still be ok. Not to mention I have little tracking experience and I don't want to go all out in case I end up not going very often...

Thanks for your input.

nitto invo
nit-invo.jpg

nitto neogen
Nitto-185.jpg

good year eagle GT
gy_eagle_gt_ci2_l.jpg

BF goodridge KDW2
bfg_gforceta_kdw2_ci2_l.jpg

I have not run any of these, but all of these are street performance tires, not track. You could look into Hankook RS-3's which is what I run, but the tread wear might be a little too low for your liking.

Note that the Eagle GT you posted is listed as an All-season tire, while the other 3 are summer tires. Of the choices you posted, the Nitto Invo seems to be the best bet by looking at numbers.

I had Falken Rt615 their where sticky as hell but you need to warm them up. on a hot summer day those things would sticky like a mofo... Now am running Bfgoodrich Comp2 by far the best tires, no need to warm them out , even under alot of stress they handle amazing and it slightly stretch with my 8icnh rims!

modp-1204-18tire-buyers-guidebfgoodrich-sport-comp-2JPG.jpg
[/IMG]

Si tu veux que sa colle et avoir une bonne tenue de route, achete un rim 3-4 pouce trop grand et stretch le tire ben comme il faut...

Nankang?? NO
Azenis, pour un show de char c'est correct...
Le KDW2 j'ai bien aimé
Le Goodyear Eagle, j'ai eu quelques modeles dans le eagle et j'ai tjs trouvé les flancs crissement mou... C'est a vérifier.

Continental extreme contact dw are pretty good on dry pavement. Those are the best tires I have used.

co_extrm_contct_ci2_l.jpg

My friend had dunlop direzza star specs and they grip pretty well too but don't last long at all.

All the tires you mentioned are not intended for track use.

Below are track tires you can still use on the street.

Pirelli Trofeo
20100729_PIRELLI_PZERO_TROFEO.jpg

Nitto NT-05
nitto_NT05.jpg

im looking for a sticky street tire for 90% track usage. among the below choices, please chime in with your experiences:
I don't need it for comfort or noise, just DRY pavement grip.

I don't want a dedicated track tire as the wear index is relatively low, they are expensive, and the car is driven daily, so if I do not have time to swap out the tires, a least i'll still be ok. Not to mention I have little tracking experience and I don't want to go all out in case I end up not going very often...

Lots of contradiction in this post, but you should not start lapping with super sticky tires from the get go. They usually do not give you much warning that they are about to break away, and when they do, you got that much faster and with not-yet-sharp reflexes, this could mean trouble.

Not sure you are going to track a lot? Just buy crappy track tires like they use in SPC - Akina. Dirt cheap, you can use them like butter in a frying pan, and they last a long time. Bonus - they are pretty good in the wet. Because you will eventually lap in the wet, garanteed.

Continental extreme contact dw are pretty good on dry pavement. Those are the best tires I have used.

co_extrm_contct_ci2_l.jpg

Those are what I run on the back in 285-35-18, and I can't get the rear end to break loose like I used to with the Potenza S-03 Pole Position or the worse Continental All Seasons the car came with. Obviously my car is stock but this has improved the traction so much. For the price, ordered from Tirerack.com, they're pretty good so far!

As for wear, well I notice they're slowly melting away but I'm not very nice with them either.

EDIT: Wait, my bad I hadn't read well; you want tires for the track but not track tires because they wear fast? I don't track the car, but I drive in a very spirited way and I've noticed a huge improvement with these. From experience though: Proxes T1S (back in like 2005), even worn to hell they still stuck like crazy, but wore out so quickly.

there is far too much contradiction in this thread, just listen to what Big Pat (aka boom poteau right?) has to say, he knows his shit.

moi j'ai du Goodyear Eagle GT sur ma Stang pis sa va tres bien, oui sont rated all season mais sa colle tres bien, les flanc sont tres dur en t-k, 2 plies sidewall, pour le prix, c'est quesque j'ai trouvé de mieux, avant javais des Pirelli P-Zero avant pis cétais pas le top, la patinais a rien et tenu de route vraiment ordinaire, moi je suis pas déssu des Goodyear Eagle GT, le seul probleme que j'ai remarqué, use tres vite vs d'autre pneu de performance que j'ai deja eu

Les pneus que j ai eu en ordre:

toyo Ra-1
kumho XS
Hankook RS-2
Dunlop Star Spec
Potenza RE 070
Potenza S-02
Potenza Re-50
Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercars

La j ai des Nitto Invo sur la vette mais ca fait pas assez longtemps ...

Jai eu des Re-11 et jai tripper sur la track mais overkill pour la route, maintenant jai des Michelin Pilot SS et cest le meilleur combo route-track que je pourrais avoir mais comme dit plus haut sont vraiment pas donner !

Back