The older you get, did you change your perception of cars?

pas vraiment, quand j'etais jeune j'aimais beaucoup les jdm plus exotiques style rx7, supra, skyline
je les aime encore, mais jai ouvert mes horizons et je trippe pas mal plus american muscle
j'ai jamais ete du genre a modder mes chars a pu finir, j'ai jamais ete style bodykit et clear lights
aujourd'hui j'ai un bon compromis, petit char sport rwd japonais et stock

une chose est certaine, ca fait 15 ans je conduis et jamais j'ai pensé une seule seconde a abandonner les transmissions manuelles

As I got older my taste definitely changed and evolved with the times. When I was younger I was more of a ricer/ti-coune, although I never liked riceboxes with neons and altezza lights. As I got older and my budget got higher, my taste developed and I began liking more expensive cars. I've always loved modified cars and I plan to always own at least 2 cars as I do now, one DD and one toy. I love cars too much to have a really sick year round modified car, winter kills cars too much and I couldn't handle it. I'm definitely very happy with what I have now but further down the road I'd like to get a better DD and upgrade to an M3 or something along those lines.

Avant je voulais que ca marche, meme si c'etait laid et plein de rouille. Aujourd'hui je preferes payer le prix et avoir quelques chose de neuf et d'une bonne performance. Un civic de 400WHP m'aurais fait tripper y'a 20 ans, maintenant j'aimerais mieux un char neuf de 250 WHP meme s'il me coute plus cher. Le confort et les gadgets des nouvelles voiture est devenu une priorité.

I don't really think I've changed my opinions/likes, but rather broadened my horizons. I can easily enjoy, accept and appreciate a race car, a luxury car, a slammed car, a muscle car and even what people refer to a riced out cars. Back in the day, it was Japanese 90's cars and that's it. They are still my preference by far, hence why I owned pretty much only that and currently have one of my childhood dream cars, but I am now more automotive-ly diverse.

I'll always love modding

What I notice is that I'm more than happy with "quality" over "quantity". So I do less things, but whatever I do should enhance and be quality. I guess that also goes with getting better cars over time, in the past with my 92 Prelude, I felt like I had to do something every week to make it stand out lol.

Also I am more open to fast sedans now...so I could see a M3 sedan or S4 in my future....suspensions, wheels and upgraded turbo would be it.

I put a bit of money into my first car. (18-24years old)
less into the second (24-29)
and now I just got something new that from the factory has everything I could want. (29+)

nope, not really, I still like to customize stuff, but I could see my self with a second car that was stock, and eevn automatic, if it ws still fun to drive and proivided something my car doesn't...lets say a truck or something, still need my compact jap-scrap though

I started liking cars in 2002-2003, when I was about 14. Obviously some things have changed and others have not:

- I still dislike Hondas as I cannot get pictures of riced out yellow CRXs' from high school out of my head
- I still prefer OEM+ mods
- I still love 92+ and R33+ Supras and Skylines
- For a while I was more into "rapper" cars, chrome wheels, big boats, etc... Now I'm back into OEM+ and modifying my car "Gran Turismo 3" style, very happy with the looks and what I made out of my A4, big brake kit, chip, suspension, wheels and amazing tires, etc... I made a good car into a great car and I feel the difference with every upgrade.
- Still prefer odd/rarer cars and underdogs even if you have to trade parts availability for exclusivity
- Still not into big subwoofers and ICE, I prefer cars with great stock sound systems and/or OEM style A/V integration, no flashing blue Alpine headunits for me.

not rly. from the time i got my first car (17 yrs old) to now (24 yrs old) its always been about modifications. hell i even bought a 98 caravan last yr for winter, ended up putting hid kit, led replacement lights everywhere, head unit, sub + amp. was going to rim it up this yr till my sister decided to hit another car with it =/

even at the moment, i own 3 civics. all lowered, all on rims, 2 turbo'd and 3rd will definately get something if i still have it after winter

Yeah, before needed only one thing SPEED. Now just cruizing in a nice car it is MORE THAN ENOUGH.

Speeding sometimes, not to much is good as well. :)

The older you get, the less fast you go but you can still afford lots of HP. You begin to hate to avoid pot holes, montreal street cracks and speed bumps. You want something confortable, nice looking , fast ... You want a quiet car.

The older you get, the less fast you go but you can still afford lots of HP. You begin to hate to avoid pot holes, montreal street cracks and speed bumps. You want something confortable, nice looking , fast ... You want a quiet car.

Totaly true!!! Good point *5

My dad is 54 and still can't live without speeding sometime. Il n'est pas un fou dangereux mais souvent, il ouvre la machine!

Back