Work at Audi? Info needed :)

BurnsWRC

Hey guys,

My car has developed was seems to be premature mini rust patches between my rear bumper and fender. I inquired my dealership what the deal is with the rust warranty and they mentioned that all warranty work related to rust (for all Audi dealerships in Canada) is currently on hold pending further negotiations with Germany.

Can someone please confirm if this is true? I find it a little weird that they include a 12 year rust warranty but now all of a sudden they are "negotiating" something and have to put the work on hold.

Thanks for the help *tu*

i know that the vw dealership isn't having any problems . my aunt just got the rust on her mark 5 jetta fixed under warranty

Yeah I thought the same thing, I would have imagined Audi and VW going through the same process but apparently this is Audi only (at least thats what the dealership says).

I find this very sketch but I'm hoping someone here working at Audi can confirm (or deny).

Anyone ?

It is still under warranty I just sent parts at the bodyshop for 2 different Audi under rust warranty. If this is true then Im sorry Im not aware of it.

It is still under warranty I just sent parts at the bodyshop for 2 different Audi under rust warranty. If this is true then Im sorry Im not aware of it.

Ok, thanks for clarifying. This is useful. Mind telling me which dealership you work at? Feel free to pm me if you prefer.

if i remeber correctly rust should be under warranty for 10 or 11 years

12, according to my docs and the website.

Isn't the warranty on perforation by rust only? I have two rust spots on the bottom of my driver's door and one on the passenger fender, would be great to get them fixed.

I hate dealerships that lie, if it is a lie

Keep trying different dealerships or just snitch on your current one to the North American Audi people

Dude I don't know what's up with some dealers but Lauzon which has been fantastic to me previously began hassling me about my PCV recall and told me they're on a 3 month wait for the part from Germany. After a while I got tired of getting dicked around and took my car to Popular and they did my three remaining recalls at once and waxed my car to boot.

Not bashing Lauzon since they were fantastic before and I can't let one thing ruin it but I don't like being told something that's false. Popular told me they get PCV parts always and if they are low they get it next day from Toronto

Back