LS2 Powered FC RX7

Since you in T.O any relation to this fd?
photo-3.jpg

photo-4.jpg

Car is in North Bay, ON where I am currently working, but I will be bringing it to Montreal soon.

I am bringing the car to Champion Motors in Toronto to tune for the intake and exhaust, I will post the numbers when I get back.

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys!!

That's going to be a hell of a nice drive for you. Was going to ask what was up with the Ontario plate too

I was wondering what you were doing about the e-test and all that since you're from Ontario?

I might be moving to Ontario and I want to swap the engine in my 240, but was worried about having trouble passing safety and e-test.

^The emissions test? If you have a fully operational catalytic system than my guess you will be fine.

I was wondering what you were doing about the e-test and all that since you're from Ontario?

I might be moving to Ontario and I want to swap the engine in my 240, but was worried about having trouble passing safety and e-test.

No e-test required in North Bay, I think it only applies to the larger metropolitan areas. From what I can remember I think even in larger cities you are exempt if the vehicle is over 15 years old. I didn't have to e-test my FB when I was living in Mississauga.

Oh ok then.... Hopefully that's the case for the area I end up in lol

^The emissions test? If you have a fully operational catalytic system than my guess you will be fine.

I thought they had a chart that said a 1992 240 was suppose to polite X amount and if it's over that amount than it fails. Even with a cat, a V8 will polute more than a 4 cyl....

No e-test required in North Bay, I think it only applies to the larger metropolitan areas. From what I can remember I think even in larger cities you are exempt if the vehicle is over 15 years old. I didn't have to e-test my FB when I was living in Mississauga.

The cut-off is '87.
You can tell them to do the test as a "hot rod" if your car is modified. The e-test system is stupid... It's only certain areas that have it. You just need to make sure to get your cat nice and warm before going for the test.

It is not the guy I thought it was and I didn't pay attention it was a RHD ( nice car tho ) .

There's another guy with a swapped FD in or around Toronto.

I'd be the first to guess the dyno result.

Depending of what kind of Dyno you are using and STD vs SAE numbers I'd say your car ( On a DynoJet ) should be around 346 RWHP & 341 FT-Lbs of torque.

( just my guess ) .

WOW, I love clean projects like this, that are done so properly! Well done and post some more pictures!

I'd be the first to guess the dyno result.

Depending of what kind of Dyno you are using and STD vs SAE numbers I'd say your car ( On a DynoJet ) should be around 346 RWHP & 341 FT-Lbs of torque.

( just my guess ) .

Most LS2s with a good exhaust and intake that I have seen put down 370-380 hp at the wheels.

Back