LS2 Powered FC RX7

Drove the car to montreal for the long weekend and was amazed to find that it gets better gas milage than my A4. Talk about best of both worlds!!!

^awesome.

The 2JZ actually have worst MPG than the LSx, which is one of the advantages on swapping too ;)

Last edited:
Thinking of swapping to an 8.8 ford rear end over the winter to give me more options for rear end ratios, anyone know of a reputable scrap yard in Montreal or am I better off finding what I need online??

Decided on my plans for the winter, I am going to re locate the air filter behind the front bumper with ducted fresh air and wrap the headers in order to drop my IATs. As for the motor I would like to hit as close to 400whp as possible by doing crane 1.8 rockers and porting the intake manifold.

I was thinking of getting some black DC2 recaros for the FC, I had a set of red ones in my civic and they were GREAT seats!! My only concern is that it will look odd to have black seats with a mostly grey interior (although quite a bit of the dash is black). What do you guys think??

So a little update on the project, I dropped the rear subframe out of the car so I can make some minor adjustments to my pinion angle to get it absolutely perfect. I can't stand vibration in cars and having the pinion angle setup correctly is essential to achieving minimal drivetrain vibration.

img0194xh.jpg

I also picked up a set of these

img0277fl.jpg

had to make some custom brackets to mount the seats to the stock RX7 rails, drivers side is done and fitment is absolutely perfect and boy do they feel great. Next is the passenger side which will involve a little more work as the stock rails sit at different height.

I have also been toying with the idea of doing wheels, tires, suspension and sway bars on my other RX7

img2635w.jpg

The only thing that has been holding me back was the fact that it is 100% original but I think the car will be MUCH more enjoyable to drive with some fresh rubber and suspension that isn't 27 years old.

Just picked up a brand new set of BR series BC coilovers from JP @ 4 Motorsports (great service JP!!) to replace the Teins I have on the car. Went with 8K front springs and 6K rear with is 1K less both front and rear than the Teins. Car handled great with the Teins but was a little to stiff for my taste, I guess I am getting old!! Teins will be for sale as soon as I get them off if anyone is interested.

Back