LS2 Powered FC RX7

^ebay? or forums?

I got it from a guy on LS1tech who was parting out his accidented car.

Cleveland pick-a-part is a great source for dropouts but they didn't have one during the time I was looking.

Last edited:
Gorgeous car, great work put into it.

Insurance costs must suck though =(

Insurance is relatively cheap. Because of the cars age it qualifies for classic car insurance in the "modified" category. Check out Lant insurance if your interested.

So after spending the morning at Champion Motors getting the car tuned I am both happy and a little disappointed. The car ended up putting down 362 hp and 354 ft/lbs (SAE) which is a little lower than I was hoping to get. However it was a very informative day and Kevin at Champion is great as he explains everything he is doing in great detail along the way. It is now very clear that the next job on the car is going to be relocating the air filter somewhere outside of the engine bay. I was plagued with high IAT all day and Kevin figures there is probably another 10-15hp in it if we could get the IATs down to a reasonable level. On the bright side the car is a blast to drive and pulls like a freight train. Throttle response is improved dramatically and the power delivery feels a lot stronger and more linear.

img3349y.jpg

Here is a link to a video, I am not sure why the audio and video went out of sync when I uploaded it.

[video]http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/5977/yxvsebnuvvurxaechtyjwi.mp4[/video]

360whp sounds about right for just that. Was this on a Mustang Dyno or Dyno Jet or Dynapack?

It was on a dynojet. I know the numbers aren't too far off and given that my IATs were in the 120's there is definitely room for improvement. The tuner also told me that with my 4.10 gears the dyno reads lower, he figured 3-5% lower than the same drivetrain going through 3.55s. I had no idea that gearing had an effect on whp numbers.

Back