ASE Lapping Club - 20 août 2012 - Soirée de lapping des lundi soirs

:) man on the second run it's interesting to watch, we did few laps at the beggining of the run :) we can see sparks on second lap! :p Your acceleration is same us my car. Will post later.

Hahaha wow, I was so confused on that run lol :laugh:

Thanx Oleg !!!!!!! :bigup: Love the video! Very well appreciated !
First time I see my car from the front.

You missed our BMW experiance on Monday in da rain. I know you would have joined us.

Chris and I started out together nice and easy in the wet... Maybe even too slow.
His car is a real dancer... Not easy to hold on to with crappy tires. Track was drying out and we separated.

Carl told me that I came in too hot in the front straight.

Once I started my left turn I went in to severe understeer. The car went into a diagonal slide all the way up the track and finished way in to the grass . ~ 400 feet total.I was astonished at the speed of the slide and the screeching on the tires.Once into the grass the car started rotating so I put both feet in to spare an engine reversal.
Of all times not to have my cameras running...

Chris's spin started after mine, maybe he can supply the details. But he ended up in the same position.
After his spin he went for the required debriefing and went right back out! Good spirit!
At least we have his on video.

Practicing in the rain gives us a real "heads up" on what the car will do if we lose grip.... Which may happen even in the dry.We will both be going into Mosport with the right attitude, no question!
Tracks require respect, in fact they demand it , if we err and take them for granted.

Hope we get some more track time in the rain, this year ASE was too dry!

Nice editing! Combien de temps ca prend générallement?

Thanks man. With Final Cut Pro it's pretty quick actually.

You throw the three videos in, FCP sync's them automatically by sound, then you just cut wherever you want to make a camera angle change and copy & paste in comments where you need them.

FCP rocks. There's so much more than you can do, but I just don't have time these days. Maybe in the off season!

Omg! :) ya when i saw that they predicted rain- i was like no way, missing it the wrong time. September should be with more rain!

Is it Mac only?
The sync sounds cool. I tried Premiere cs6, took me few 2 houts for the first time. Will see if i can sync with adobe, will try Final Cut pro to compare both.

Thanks man. With Final Cut Pro it's pretty quick actually.

You throw the three videos in, FCP sync's theqm automatically by sound, then you just cut wherever you want to make a camera angle change and copy & paste in comments where you need them.

FCP rocks. There's so much more than you can do, but I just don't have time these days. Maybe in the off season!

I'm back! here is the video of the the 20 aug lapping, will upload second one this weekend.

Oleg

Thanks for the video Oleg, i got to see myself drive for the first time.... and you made sure everyone here knows who is driving the Mustang ;-)
A few things i need to work on of course, but i am learning. I have a few videos from inside my car filmed in the REDS with comments from the instructor and still watch them, very instructive. Video is a great learning tool.

Back