Post a pic of your last purchase

Got my first ever tablet since I found out they finally make them with AMOLED screens :D

Amazon same day delivery on Sunday, ordered at 08:50 arrived at 17:23 :yikes:

2019-06-23%2017.35.15.jpg

Picking my new whip next friday
2009 Saturn Astra XR
165 000km
5 speed.
No rust.
Needs a crank sensor and cam sensor.

We had one for several years, we finally got rid of it last year. It's a good little car, not powerful at all but pretty dependable. Gas mileage is not great. My sister in law also had one but hers was the total opposite of ours. Hers was a 4 door and she had soo many electrical issues with that car.

Many parts are dealer only. Start shopping online and from Europe for alternatives. The Astra forums on Saturnfans.com is a great resource for Astra info. XR specific sport suspension is discontinued so you will have to get the XE shocks if you need to replace them. Getting a clutch and full exhaust system from Europe was quite a challenge and the reason that we decided to get rid of the car.

We had one for several years, we finally got rid of it last year. It's a good little car, not powerful at all but pretty dependable. Gas mileage is not great. My sister in law also had one but hers was the total opposite of ours. Hers was a 4 door and she had soo many electrical issues with that car.

Many parts are dealer only. Start shopping online and from Europe for alternatives. The Astra forums on Saturnfans.com is a great resource for Astra info. XR specific sport suspension is discontinued so you will have to get the XE shocks if you need to replace them. Getting a clutch and full exhaust system from Europe was quite a challenge and the reason that we decided to get rid of the car.
Yeah from what i've heard the 4 doors had problems but the 3 doors are pretty good. As for gas milleage i dont really care.. i drive slow and never in a hurry either.

Most of the parts are available on rockauto.com and i've found a couple of afternarket coilover kits and the clutch kit is the same as a base Sonic 1.8 Ecotec/5 speeds! As for the exhaust well its still in great shape so no worries there.

Thanks for the input though.. i'll look uo on the Astra forums.

Envoyé de mon SM-G930W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

Picking my new whip next friday
2009 Saturn Astra XR
165 000km
5 speed.
No rust.
Needs a crank sensor and cam sensor.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190621/6440ba4d144351baf2532f5b1c982238.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190621/c1e57b10f7284c96c48a6c993ed3c6e6.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190621/10d72449d23eaca0bbf545294388e26c.jpg

Im driving my Astra until it explodes. Takes me to and from work, fits my bike and triathlon crap better than the Mini. The best part it's been hit so many times that I don't even care about it too much (City life y0) The bumpers are all pushed in where the point is. Someone drove into the drivers door 2 weeks ago... Door dings from Costco... Its the urban warrior

Check the wiring going to the crank sensor, these cars LOVE to chaff wiring. Also remove the filter screens from the VVT solenoid valves, check the wiring going to the rear valve, throttle body and intake motor. Quirky cars but they drive reasonably well. The clutch isn't 100% the same though to Astra H, the inner diameter of the splines is slightly different. You can get a clutch from the EU for around 250$ CDN Shipped, you also don't need to remove the subframe to change. I did mine in about 3-4*hours because I know my way around problems. All these cars suffered from water leaks as well. Id look into UK forums or Facebook pages.. they are more active.. SaturnFans is sorta dead and everyone is pretty useless. If you need to change the timing belt I can lend you the special tool. General maintenance items are from the GM parts bin and cheap. Check to see if the thermostat is leaking coolant, they sell upgraded AL ones now. Oil cooler might be leaking too, there is a guy in the UK that sells just the gasket vs locally forcing an entire new cooler.

If you want the Opel Grill you need one with 7 pins. North American 3drs got 4dr parts. Its actually cheaper to rebadge it as a Vauxhall, Opel Grills are pretty pricey. Someone backed up into my car and cracked it. I wouldnt go too too crazy on it with suspension and stuff. Drive it for what it is.

Only issues ive had have been usual Astra water leaks and a stalling problem this winter which was wiring chaffing at the fuel pump. My car has 102k on it and I bought it for next to nothing with a broken clutch. Changed the clutch that a friend in the UK shipped to me, timing belt again shipped to me (kit was 100$ CDN) and rear brakes (60$)

Last edited:
Don't know how much you paid but costco has them at 549 IIRC. And that includes the free keyboard.

Nvm, forgot you're not in canada.

Thanks! Looks like it's $420 USD 128 GB + a 128 GB MicroSD card at Costco here.

I paid $428 USD but no MicroSD card. I don't have a car yet and my Costco membership expired haha but thanks for the heads up! Good reminder to check Costco for deals prior *tu*

I paid $428 USD but no MicroSD card. I don't have a car yet and my Costco membership expired haha but thanks for the heads up! Good reminder to check Costco for deals prior *tu*

Get a decent case for it, my tablet barely got knocked and the screen cracked into a 100 pieces. Now I have one of those army style double protection (2 layers, soft layer inside with a hard outer shell) cases on it and it actually fell off the bed in the hospital and nothing happened. :D

Im driving my Astra until it explodes. Takes me to and from work, fits my bike and triathlon crap better than the Mini. The best part it's been hit so many times that I don't even care about it too much (City life y0) The bumpers are all pushed in where the point is. Someone drove into the drivers door 2 weeks ago... Door dings from Costco... Its the urban warrior

Check the wiring going to the crank sensor, these cars LOVE to chaff wiring. Also remove the filter screens from the VVT solenoid valves, check the wiring going to the rear valve, throttle body and intake motor. Quirky cars but they drive reasonably well. The clutch isn't 100% the same though to Astra H, the inner diameter of the splines is slightly different. You can get a clutch from the EU for around 250$ CDN Shipped, you also don't need to remove the subframe to change. I did mine in about 3-4*hours because I know my way around problems. All these cars suffered from water leaks as well. Id look into UK forums or Facebook pages.. they are more active.. SaturnFans is sorta dead and everyone is pretty useless. If you need to change the timing belt I can lend you the special tool. General maintenance items are from the GM parts bin and cheap. Check to see if the thermostat is leaking coolant, they sell upgraded AL ones now. Oil cooler might be leaking too, there is a guy in the UK that sells just the gasket vs locally forcing an entire new cooler.

If you want the Opel Grill you need one with 7 pins. North American 3drs got 4dr parts. Its actually cheaper to rebadge it as a Vauxhall, Opel Grills are pretty pricey. Someone backed up into my car and cracked it. I wouldnt go too too crazy on it with suspension and stuff. Drive it for what it is.

Only issues ive had have been usual Astra water leaks and a stalling problem this winter which was wiring chaffing at the fuel pump. My car has 102k on it and I bought it for next to nothing with a broken clutch. Changed the clutch that a friend in the UK shipped to me, timing belt again shipped to me (kit was 100$ CDN) and rear brakes (60$)
Okay! Thanks for the tips! Will check all of those. The timing belt and pump are both brand new. The owner did the job at the dealer (900$), new end links, and a couple of others things he did. Its a 1 owner car and he took really good care of it since he bought it new in 2009.
Probably i'll buy all the parts new from rock auto when it's time to work on it.
Probably it's going to be a roadtrip, fun driving car for a coulle of years t'ill i buy my C4 Vette.

Okay! Thanks for the tips! Will check all of those. The timing belt and pump are both brand new. The owner did the job at the dealer (900$), new end links, and a couple of others things he did. Its a 1 owner car and he took really good care of it since he bought it new in 2009.
Probably i'll buy all the parts new from rock auto when it's time to work on it.
Probably it's going to be a roadtrip, fun driving car for a coulle of years t'ill i buy my C4 Vette.

You will have fun with it. Fuel mileage is so-so. I really wish they offered it with the 1.6T here. I'm just happy we actually got them. Like I said very quirky car

De retour a la maison! J'ai convaincue le propriétaire de me laisser partir avec une procuration! C'est vrai que la consommation d'essence c'est pas le top.. mais trop difficile de resté tranquille avec lol
79e6cbf13e15adc444b1f86d7312e163.jpg
9b76a0ebcf359de1b0af0e0dedad8198.jpg

You don't need a membership to buy online. Some items are "members only pricing" however.

De retour a la maison! J'ai convaincue le propriétaire de me laisser partir avec une procuration! C'est vrai que la consommation d'essence c'est pas le top.. mais trop difficile de resté tranquille avec lol//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190624/79e6cbf13e15adc444b1f86d7312e163.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190624/9b76a0ebcf359de1b0af0e0dedad8198.jpg

On a acheté une 4 portes 2008 XR neuve (cuir/toit/suspension sport/manuelle) quand ma blonde retournait aux études. 380$ all in à l’achat. On l’a encore, rendue à 195 000km et juste de l’huile, brakes et des tires.

J’ai fait l’an passé timing belt, pompe à eau, antigel, thermostat et batterie. Cette année, j’ai remplacé les 4 shocks, les link kit et je l’ai lavé au moins 1 fois.

C’est le char le moins cher d’entretien qu’on a eu. Et fucking go-kart à conduire avec la suspension sport et des Pilot Sport. Je tourne autour de 7.8 à 8.3 l/100km mais je roule comme un mongole.

J’ai mis des spacers H&R 5mm et pour avoir des bolts plus longues, celles d’une E90 sont parfaites. Aussi des barres de toit d’une BM 5 series.

875b078a0639ba9b77df47022ca596a4.jpg

Back