Post a pic of your last purchase

I gave in and bought a winter beater.

When I bought my 2019 370z this summer I told my girlfriend it was going to be my every day car. I carefully measured the trunk at the autoshow and made sure my hockey equipment fit before I went for it. Fastforward to this fall and trying to buy top tier 19 inch winter tires and rims, even downsizing to 18 was a lot more than I thought it would be.

I ended up getting the okay for a beater under the condition that it doesn't cost more than the winter tire set up I found for the Z and that I either get rid of it in the spring or store it somewhere other than home for the summer.

Heres my beater. 04 Matrix XRS 6speed with new winter tires and alignment.
414cccdc700a7b9255014398a2387c80.jpg

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Wtf. Ma blonde n'a pas 1 mot à dire sur la voiture que j'achete.
We now have 8 cars, 6 of which are mine, and we are only 2 people. Let's say she get's a veto on more impulsive car purchases since we are running out of space.

We now have 8 cars, 6 of which are mine, and we are only 2 people. Let's say she get's a veto on more impulsive car purchases since we are running out of space.

If you not have 8 cars worth 20 000$ in total ur argument is invalid. tséveuxdire

edit : post car list :D

If you not have 8 cars worth 20 000$ in total ur argument is invalid. tséveuxdire

edit : post car list :D

Well, It's not about money for me it's about what makes me happy.

I grew up with odd ball cars and I love having things that you don't see often or that people don't know about.

Our current car list is the following:

1986 Pontiac Fiero GT (Project car, It was my first car and I've owned it for 19 years, it's been undergoing a frame off restoration with a 3800SC engine swap for the past 10 years. I just don't have much time to finish it unfortunately with work and the home renovations etc)
1986 Pontiac Fiero SE. All original with 31,000km. 3rd owner, show winner, still has OEM tires from 1986. Appraised at $14,000. Garage queen.
1987 Pontiac Fiero Sport Coupe. I picked this up for cheap 5 years ago and brought it back to life after it was parked for 5 years. I'm going to sell it in the spring. Appraised at $4k. Really nothing special.
2009.5 Pontiac G8 GXP. 6.2L V8 LS3. Production number 507 of 1829. One of 846 with a Manual 6 speed transmission, one of 77 in current configuration. Re-appraised last year at $30,000 and insured by Hagerty insurance.
2019 370Z Sport Edition paid 34k + tax this summer
2004 Toyota Matrix XRS 6 Speed manual

Other 2 cars
1990 Nissan 300ZX 2 seater, manual, 80,000km (I found it for my G/F after she asked for a summer car, she paid for it)
2016 Subaru WRX STI (Technically under my name but my G/F took over the payments when her previous car died and then I bought the 370Z)

So yeah nothing crazy but I'm happy. I own a few cars that aren't worth much to a lot of people but I really don't care. If I cared what people thought about me I'd drive a BMW/Audi/Benz or something that gives common folks a sense of prestige or status. I like to work on my cars and I like to connect with my cars. If I don't enjoy being behind the wheel of a certain car or I don't feel a connection I don't keep the car for very long.

love the XRS line up. 2nd gear tend to grind and I believe there's a tranny bearing that tend to be faulty. or i mistake the problems for another car.

Well, It's not about money for me it's about what makes me happy.

I grew up with odd ball cars and I love having things that you don't see often or that people don't know about.

Our current car list is the following:

1986 Pontiac Fiero GT (Project car, It was my first car and I've owned it for 19 years, it's been undergoing a frame off restoration with a 3800SC engine swap for the past 10 years. I just don't have much time to finish it unfortunately with work and the home renovations etc)
1986 Pontiac Fiero SE. All original with 31,000km. 3rd owner, show winner, still has OEM tires from 1986. Appraised at $14,000. Garage queen.
1987 Pontiac Fiero Sport Coupe. I picked this up for cheap 5 years ago and brought it back to life after it was parked for 5 years. I'm going to sell it in the spring. Appraised at $4k. Really nothing special.
2009.5 Pontiac G8 GXP. 6.2L V8 LS3. Production number 507 of 1829. One of 846 with a Manual 6 speed transmission, one of 77 in current configuration. Re-appraised last year at $30,000 and insured by Hagerty insurance.
2019 370Z Sport Edition paid 34k + tax this summer
2004 Toyota Matrix XRS 6 Speed manual

Other 2 cars
1990 Nissan 300ZX 2 seater, manual, 80,000km (I found it for my G/F after she asked for a summer car, she paid for it)
2016 Subaru WRX STI (Technically under my name but my G/F took over the payments when her previous car died and then I bought the 370Z)

So yeah nothing crazy but I'm happy. I own a few cars that aren't worth much to a lot of people but I really don't care. If I cared what people thought about me I'd drive a BMW/Audi/Benz or something that gives common folks a sense of prestige or status. I like to work on my cars and I like to connect with my cars. If I don't enjoy being behind the wheel of a certain car or I don't feel a connection I don't keep the car for very long.
Thats a nice list!!!

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Un G8 gxp... Caliss que c'est dans mon top 5 wantlist car ever.

J,ai arrêter de lire la.

lakeview2017-3_zpsbdojrxxo.jpg

love the XRS line up. 2nd gear tend to grind and I believe there's a tranny bearing that tend to be faulty. or i mistake the problems for another car.

Right car. Mine is 3rd gear. Slight grind but not all the time. I bought new oil as it has "fixed" the issues of some cars but I'm not sure when I'll get around to actually changing it.

Back