Post a pic of your last purchase

1000x573_smart_fit.jpg

Le cargo carrier est 50$ en solde chez Rona et payé 28$ régulier pour la boîte qui fit vraiment bien (fixer avec des bolts sur le carrier et la boite est lockable).

This is a long story

I started writing a long text but I've shortened it for the highlights.

After going to a few dealers I ended up striking a deal with a local dealer. We were buying a 2018 vehicle that was instock at an Ottawa dealer. We had agreed on a price the day before with a $500 deposit. Confirmed the deal in the morning when they threw in tinted windows for free. Sales guy calls me to take my credit card info, drivers licence and car insurance info. Tells me to stand by the phone as F&I Lady will call me in a few minutes to set up credit application and he will confirm in a day or 2 when they reserved the car through the other dealership.

3 days pass before the F&I lady calls me back. She has none of the proper information from my salesman OR is trying to swindle me somehow. I had negotiated free tints, wasn't on the contact. I had negotiated stone shield on the hood, fenders and complete bumper but she only had hood and fenders listed. We confirmed pricing and then she said minus your deposit you will owe $xxxx for your down payment. I said that doesn't add up, how much was my deposit. Seems like the salesman decided to take $2500 instead of the $500 we agreed to. I was pretty angry, I double checked the paper infront of me that said $500 deposit. I told her that since there are a lot of issues with what she was given and what the salesman and I talked about I'd like to see a copy of the contact. She agreed to email me a copy. Immediately after getting off the phone I started texting the salesman to see wtf happened with the deposit. After some heated text from me he apologized and he said that since I was putting a large down payment on the car he thought I would have appreciated getting points on my credit card but that he should have asked me first. This response blew my mind. Had I known he wanted $2500 I would of used another card or brought him cash. I left it at that since this was my first issue with him so far. I asked him if he got the car from the other dealership but he told me that He would get back to me the next day.

I received the contract from the f/I lady. She updated it with the proper information, it looks good but there's no vin number, or due date.

The next day comes around and I don't hear from the sales guy.
Another day and I get a text "Do you want any other color". I respond NO.
I don't hear back for a few days, at this point I'm getting worried.

Finally I get a text saying "Sorry, We can't get the car but my boss will get you a 2019 if you are willing to wait about 4 weeks".
I ask him to confirm that the car is built and that it's the exact same deal with the same financing since I know that MSRP and transport/prep had gone up on the 2019 AND they don't qualify for the 1.9% financing. He responds that it's and identical deal and that the car is built and in transit.

I take the deal but I tell him I want a sales contract with a vin number once he's got the allocation so that I know it's a done deal, I can set up my insurance and track the car while it's in transit. Sure thing he says.

I don't have news for a week so I ask him for an update. He says there won't be an update until they get the car and that he can't provide me with tracking information. I asked him for a vin and he said he will email his boss.

No news for a few days.

Week 2 I ask for an update on the Vin, tells me he will email his boss. I never hear back.

Week 3 I get a little impatient with him since the deal fell through once I don't want to waste my time. At this point I have nothing. No contact, No vin and no news since I said ok to a deal I never saw in writing. So I tell him either he gets me something or to get me in touch with his manager. He sends me a screen shot from his manager where I see a vin number, color and status in Transit. I guess that will do.

The remainder of week 3 and 4 consists of me trying to track my car using LHF's website. Finally on Friday morning of week 5 the car pops up in the tracking information but I see that it is scheduled to be delivered at a dealership 2 hours away from my dealership.

Concerned I email my sales guy.
I get a response saying "Sorry, I'm not at work anymore I had accident so I'm off for a while. Don't worry we know what we are doing and we will contact you when the car arrives"

I'm not satisfied with that response so I email F/I lady. She writes back "I don't really take care of anything having to do with the car so I can't help you but I will transfer your concerns over to manager XYZ". This is the same manager I've never been able to reach. I email back saying put me in touch with xyz so that I can speak to him. I don't hear back for the whole business day.

I check the tracking number the next day "Delivered at dealership". Problem is this is the wrong dealership.

Screw it, I'm not at work and it's a beautiful day we will drive 2 hours to the other dealership and figure this out on our own.

I get to the dealership and I spot the car. The protective film was removed from the car, it has an X plate on it and dead bugs on the front. I walk into that dealership and ask to speak to a sales manager. I tell him my story and his face goes blank. He says yeah we got the car yesterday, it's for sale and we just had a couple test drive it. They are sitting in that booth over there with the salesman"

He gets me in touch with their guy in charge of dealer trades. He told me he was trying to reach my dealership for the past week about my car. Apparently my dealership never confirmed the dealer trade in the system. He said he spent the last week calling and emailing the dealership to see if they were taking this car or not and never heard back from them so he assumed that they didn't want the car anymore so they had it up for sale and that as far as he was concerned that was their car.

Now I'm livid. I call my dealership and ask to speak to manager xyz. "He's not available right now can we take a message" No give me any manager or director available now!

I speak to another guy, nice guy. I tell him the situation and he tells me that it's his 2nd day on the job, they just bought the dealership and have no idea whats going on with my file so he will look into it and call me back in soon.

We stick around the other dealership for a while as they try to sell me the car. Finally we leave and as we are driving back him my dealership calls me back. He tells me it seems like there was a mistake made by a young manager who forgot to click on a button in their system to reserve the car hence why it was delivered at the wrong place, tells me he will send guys to drive it down to his dealership.

I tell him no way. I say I've given you guys a heads up about the problem and no one paid any attention to it. I was promised a brand new car, now it's already been driven by potential clients who could have beaten it. I don't need you to add another 200km's on the car when I was supposed to get one with 15kms. I'm also paying you a lot of money for a stone shield to avoid stone chips and I will not take the car if it has a stone chip on it. This is not my mistake.

He tells me he understand but he is making little money on the car and isn't sure he can get it done. Either way it's Saturday and he won't hear back from the shippers before Monday so he will get back to me then.

I talk to my buddies who still work in the auto industry and they suggested I call Nissan Canada and open a case. I called Nissan Canada and told them the problem. Dealership called me back on Monday and says "I know you called Nissan, we want to make you happy we will ship the car down but it will take 5-10 days is that ok" I say sure I'm not pressed for time. He says I wish I could do more but I'm not making anything on this car so I can't give you anything. We agree to meet on my next day off.

In the mean time Nissan Canada calls me back, Since the dealer decided to ship the car they closed my case. They see no problem with the over charging on the deposit or the fact that I had to use my personal time to go fix their problem 2 hours away from home. Whatever.

3 or 4 days go by and I drive to the dealership to meet with the manager face to face. I sit down with the manager to have a good talk with him, I like him and he seems like a good guy. From what I understand I'm not the only person to whom this is happening. The previous owners stopped all spending and all orders once they knew they were being bought out. It sounds like they purposefully didn't do their jobs because it wouldn't be their problem. He also tells me it's a very bad deal for the dealership and he never would have accepted the deal. Then he tells me that we have another problem. So the dealer that currently has the car will not release the car until they are paid and my dealership's pay system isn't working. He said he is hoping to have a check made by end of day they will send them a picture and expedite the check so that the hopefully get the check on Monday and release the car.

Monday the car wasn't released. They received 8 Z's that day including 3 yellow cars and none were mine.

I drive back there on Wednesday and great news the dealership released the car and the shipping company is picking it up today or tomorrow at the latest. Hopefully we get it Monday at the latest.

Friday rolls around and I get a call. "Good news, we got the car, bad news, our girl in charge of dealer trades got confused, she sent someone down to pickup the car so they drove it down it now had 202kms". I was so defeated at this point. I drove down to meet with him.

I park in the back, saw the car and as I was inspecting it for damage an older guy came up to me and apologized for driving it down. Said he was told to pick it up, had no clue it was going to be trucked down.

Right now I'm thinking they are fucking playing me. Everyone is telling me cancel the damn deal.

I walk in there and I ask him how the hell this could happen. He showed me an email showing the transport was booked and offered $200 off and a free oil change per year for life. Said it brings to car down to his cost and he will be in the negative with the tints and stone shield. He tells me I can still cancel to deal. I decide to pause it so that I can think this over because at this point I'm done with these guys.

I take the whole weekend. Monday I call them and say ok I'll take it lets get it over with. They tell me great it will be ready Tuesday night.

About an hour later I get a call from the F&I lady and the voicemail start off with "Hi FieroAlex, I just heard that of course you are taking the car and you need it tomorrow *sigh* call me back so that I can finish your file"

I call her back and I told her your voicemail sounded like the delivery was a problem, I don't mind waiting I was told it would be ready tomorrow if you need more time how about wednesday?" she was pretty happy with that and agreed.

I visited the tint shop while the car was there. I had been to this place a few times before and he told me the dealership had referred to me as a difficult client and were trying to cut his cost and get stuff done on the cheap for the car. I told him the story of what went down and he couldn't believe it. I was getting extra work done by him while the car was there so I took care of my personal bill there at the same time. He took good care of my car.

Finally it's delivery day I have an appointment at 7pm. I get there and everyone is confused, no one knows who I have to see but everyone knows me as that Z guy so that's not a good start. Finally they get me a sales guy to finish the file and I ask to see the car. PDI was poorly done. The hood is sticking up from the headlight on one side and is lower then the headlight on the other. Seems the drivers side latch doesn't latch. The sales guy gets another 3-4 guys to look at it and they figured out the rubber bump stops for the hood weren't adjusted properly.

Then the car wasn't really cleaned. The car had nice black outlines around where the protective film used during shipping would have been located. The salesman got cleaning supplies and started cleaning the car I wanted to make sure it wasn't scratched up.

I did find a scratch on the driver's side window about 2 inches long in the bottom right corner. They signed a form saying the damage was done prior to pickup, I'm not sure how they will go about fixing it at this point. I went to the tint guy with it today because they told me it was in the tint but he says it's in the glass and they will need to replace it for him to tint it again. It's not very visible but it's there and it bugs me but I have a feeling if I bring it back they will do it cheap and replace it with some cheap jobber window instead of an oem window.

sigh. I'm just done with that dealership. Nissan Canada was no help nor was the dealership. Granted I am not an easy customer but everything that could have gone wrong with this transaction went wrong.

Wow I understand two things from your story:

1) No matter what brand you buy, the dealer will be responsible for a good/bad/average experience. I've dealt with bad dealers in the past and even had a great dealer go from great to average to "wow that's bad." in 5 years.

2) You really wanted that car. I would've canceled after the first issue with the credit card.

FIY, faut tu passe la commande en ligne pour ramassage en magasin pour avoir le rabais. Tu va aussi vouloir te pogner un Anti-Rattle.
Callisse, merci, j'men allait live la. héhé.
Ma chercher le link

*Edit

18b30ed13d5634c96db2c1afeb173921.jpg
195d49b2c388c0505f62c97b7b8e339b.gif

Last edited:
je suis quand même étonné que ca se vende encore une 370z, le modèle a 10ans... J'en acheterais une de 5-6ans pi elle serait à toute fin pratique identique...

Au prix que ca coute why not ? C'est un beau char le fun a conduire et ca torche une fr-s/br-z qui coute la meme affaire.

yep, ce que je dis c'est que j'irais m'en cherche une de 5ans au lieu de l'acheter neuve, c'est un très bonne voiture l'fun, mais ya peu de raison d'en acheter une neuve, surtout pour un summer car qui va faire 8-10 000km/an, tu vas arrivé au bout de la garantie à 35-40 000km

yep, ce que je dis c'est que j'irais m'en cherche une de 5ans au lieu de l'acheter neuve, c'est un très bonne voiture l'fun, mais ya peu de raison d'en acheter une neuve, surtout pour un summer car qui va faire 8-10 000km/an, tu vas arrivé au bout de la garantie à 35-40 000km

The 370z might be an exception to that with Nissan whoring them out for $30k. You still see used 2010-2014 for $27-$30k+ so personally I'd rather have a brand new base model 370 than a used one that Johnny Douchebag has been beating the shit out of for a few years.

Worried about not getting the most of your warranty? Drive it in the winter!

c'est comme ca depuis quelque années, elle est 32 000$ la base trim, pour ce genre d'auto là c'est donné.

Coupé sport 2 places de 330hp RWD pour 30 000$, ya rien sur le marché apart ca. c'est le prix d'une GTI...

Moi j'en veux une 370z. Mais à place j'achète des moteur vtec. Fuck me.

Sent from my G3223 using Tapatalk

c'est comme ca depuis quelque années, elle est 32 000$ la base trim, pour ce genre d'auto là c'est donné.

Coupé sport 2 places de 330hp RWD pour 30 000$, ya rien sur le marché apart ca. c'est le prix d'une GTI...

Mustang Ecoboost 310hp pour 28 000$.
Chevrolet Camaro V6 335hp pour 32 000$.

Par contre ce sont des coupés sport 4 places.

Back