MOSPORT(CTMP) LAPPING with ASE LC - OCTOBER 8th- Thanksgiving holiday!!

An amazing two days. What a way to close out the 2012 season! (That MOSPORT 2012 ice photo is awesome, BTW)

A big thanks to all the ASELC staff. *tu**tu**tu*

The best thing about ASE events is that the paddock time is always just as great as the on track action. :bigup:

If we don't see each other next Monday, have a great off-season everyone and looking forward to the winter build threads!!!

^ And Chris, you did pretty good !
Very impressed !

Thank You Carl and ASE LC for one of the most FUN Lapping days ever !
Thank you Marc, Fred, Anik and the rest of the cooking staff for taking care of us !!

And Shawn for that incredible session in the Green/Black Monster !!!
What a beast !

All in all a great day with LOTS of friends ! :bigup:

See u all at ASE !

Dave S

Bryan from Toronto sent me an email this morning,

Hey Carl,

Thanks again for hosting a great day. I've never felt more comfortable at a lapping day than today - your guys are simply the best group to be on the track with. Ever.

Bryan drives a white ITr as well- the smoking one....

^ And Chris, you did pretty good !
Very impressed !

Thank You Carl and ASE LC for one of the most FUN Lapping days ever !
Thank you Marc, Fred, Anik and the rest of the cooking staff for taking care of us !!

And Shawn for that incredible session in the Green/Black Monster !!!
What a beast !

All in all a great day with LOTS of friends ! :bigup:

See u all at ASE !

Dave S

Thanks Dave! I actually set my fastest lap with you in the car (based on my GoPro footage) - around a 1:35

What a great day! Surprising that the track is so sticky despite the cold. The air definitely made the car feel faster!

Thanks to all the organizing staff for a well-run day. Great way to end a season :)

:yikes:..probably misunderstood my screaming in the chatterbox !

After this lil fun experiance I went down to T2 for a break an Pix.
Seb Rochon called me right there and wanted to be make sure that all was good with everyone...then he asked me to get back on the track ..even @ 6/10ths.- I ended up at 9/10ths.

After my lil taste of handling limits in your car and Sebs talk...I cut off about 10 seconds from my lap time !
Cheers Shawn ! :beer:

FYI- The other tenth was because of too high tire pressure,which Carl identified at supper.

Next year !

Dave S

Mosport is insane !! I had so much fun. Thanks to the ASELC for a perfect day.
I was hoping to do a couple more lapping days this year, but my tires a good for garbage.
It's time to prepare the car for next year...

En tant que newbiee je n'aurais pas pu être plus satisfait que cette journée. BBQ à plus finir la veille, un feu à faire fondre les jeans, une piste extraordinaire. Merci à tous les organisateurs.

À la saison prochaine

Well I have to say that I had a blast!!!! Everyone knew what was going on out there and it was safe and fun!!!

For once I did not find the backstraight too boring (gotta love the new found power)!!

Here is my biggest whoops moment of the day!

Finally back home! What a great event again! Time of 1.45.37 with my stock B18B Integra on street tire, really happy with this time.

Was f**** cold in the morning ...but we were ok in our hotel room :)

@Silverbullet : I thought I had your "experience" on video because I was following you, but my camera lense close because of the vibration...so I only have sound with a black screen...

Finally back home! What a great event again! Time of 1.45.37 with my stock B18B Integra on street tire, really happy with this time.

Was f**** cold in the morning ...but we were ok in our hotel room :)

@Silverbullet : I thought I had your "experience" on video because I was following you, but my camera lense close because of the vibration...so I only have sound with a black screen...

Ah man too bad. Would have been a great souvenir of me shitting in my pants:p LOL!

Well I have to say that I had a blast!!!! Everyone knew what was going on out there and it was safe and fun!!!

For once I did not find the backstraight too boring (gotta love the new found power)!!

Yup, pretty much did the same thing but twice! Saved it once then again a few seconds later.

Screen shot of telemetry from my best lap on Monday vs the same car with 20 more HP from 2010.

2012: 1.38.16
2010: 1.36.89 (Reference lap)
The blue trace is the lap time difference between the 2 runs. A negative slope means I am gaining time, positive slope means I am losing time, and straight means I am going the same pace. In theory, if I had the extra power and a 3rd gear that worked, I would have clocked ~1.4 seconds faster than 1.36.8! Lost pretty much all my time on the back straight...

screenshot20121009at333.png

Happened to me twice, but later in the corner because of the concrete patches. Wow, were they slippery!

Last edited:
merci a tous une belle journee de lapping bien organiser . la temperature etais un peu froide le matin mais bon cest octobre !! voici une video de l'une de mes sessions
bonzai!!

Last edited:
Loved every moments of the 2-day ordeal!

The Sunday night BBQ was a vegetarian nightmare! We keep on out doing ourselves!

I did not touch one drop of apple juice because my partner Choo wasn't there but I found a new friend... grape juice in all its liquid forms! :yikes:

Sleeping in the freezing weather was all good with my -1000 degree sleeping bag but I wasn't game in getting into my sleeping clothes so I slept in pretty what I was wearing on my back. Getting up at 5h30 was amazing with all the calmness... except for that one generator, the sky was just amazing to look at.

Track time was amazing, great courteous drivers, great people, great time, great fun but I'm beat... needed the day-off to recuperate!

Thank you Carl and all the staff/helpers/cooks and most of all, all the participants for an amazing Track-giving Day! :bigup:

Note for the Ontario drivers/friends, you must attend our BBQ the night before the track day, it's becoming an epic event every year!

See you all in 2013!

To Silverbullet: brown doesn't go well with red... ask any fashion guru!:p

Back