MOSPORT(CTMP) LAPPING with ASE LC - OCTOBER 8th- Thanksgiving holiday!!

BTW, I heard they are supposed to asphalt Mopost soon! This will be so cool and extremely fast without all the bumps, concrete and I hope good asphalt (not abrassive, kinda bad like Calabogie).
This is possible. When I spoke with Ron Fellows at SEMA last year and Myles , they mentioned that the new asphalt used to patch corner 8/9 over pass was also a test of new stuff.
In the past, the asphalt was never able to hold up for more than 2 seasons with high downforce cars ....
If the test proves successful, a complete repaving can be expected within several years.

This is possible. When I spoke with Ron Fellows at SEMA last year and Myles , they mentioned that the new asphalt used to patch corner 8/9 over pass was also a test of new stuff.
In the past, the asphalt was never able to hold up for more than 2 seasons with high downforce cars ....
If the test proves successful, a complete repaving can be expected within several years.

That would be amazing because this is clearly one of the best track in North America. They should look at what they are doing in Detroit right now (Penske), they are repaving and it will be able to accept Indy cars because this year in Detroit it was a mess with blocks of asphalt big like oranges flying in the air.

In a straight line! ;)

And Nick, a FD doesn't change the RPM drop at all...

Haha, ok there ;)

And I dont know about you, but it certainly does in my case... With my shorter FD every gear falls higher up in the rpms, including 6th gear...

I didn't really take pics, but here's what I have.

ry6y8aga.jpg

syny3eqy.jpg

dy7ubahy.jpg

eqete9av.jpg

qapaqeju.jpg

e3uzequg.jpg

Haha, ok there ;)

And I dont know about you, but it certainly does in my case... With my shorter FD every gear falls higher up in the rpms, including 6th gear...

There isn't a final drive in existence that affects the RPM drop between gears.

There isn't a final drive in existence that affects the RPM drop between gears.

Absolutely true. But in real life during a quick upshift sequence involving some clutch slip and/or wheel spin, and quicker RPM rev, once the shift is complete the RPM can be a couple hundred higher...

Back