Custom turbo setup for B7 S4

They make a bolt on supercharger kit . Prbb way more reliable then a turbo considering its pretty popular

BCF in Ste-Hyacinthe has once done it. One of the few in the world, and of what I know, the only one in QC.

images

JHM's cars are pretty fast.. do you have their tune ? also their supercharger kit is pretty decent.

-jhm ported intake manifold
-stage 4 clutch and lwfw
-longtube headers
-jhm 93 tune with launch control

or their supercharger kit

( oh if by "intake" you mean cold air intake, put back the stock airbox you make more power)

Un V8 audi, c'est slow, j'en conduis un a tous les jours... (rien de comparable a mon 2.7T) juste un beau son...

max que tu peux pousser est genre 8 a 9 psi.

Turbo, a oublier honnêtement, il n'y a pas de place sous le capot.

Le char de

bcf ( le s4 Bleu V8 turbo ) est comme une légende, je ne l'ai jamais vu rouler et je doutes que quelqu'un en refasse un autre copie...

je crois que le supercharger de JHM est celui avec le plus de potentiel, mais encore une fois, le 4.2 Audi a ses limites, 1 sur 5 consomme 1 pinte d'huile au 100km sans boost, ça fait juste empirer...

Un V8 audi, c'est slow, j'en conduis un a tous les jours... (rien de comparable a mon 2.7T) juste un beau son...

max que tu peux pousser est genre 8 a 9 psi.

Turbo, a oublier honnêtement, il n'y a pas de place sous le capot.

Le char de

bcf ( le s4 Bleu V8 turbo ) est comme une légende, je ne l'ai jamais vu rouler et je doutes que quelqu'un en refasse un autre copie...

je crois que le supercharger de JHM est celui avec le plus de potentiel, mais encore une fois, le 4.2 Audi a ses limites, 1 sur 5 consomme 1 pinte d'huile au 100km sans boost, ça fait juste empirer...

J'ai entendu les mêmes commentaires sur cette mécanique: un exhaust pour le son et ça devrait s'arrêter là. Pas les moteurs les plus solides sur la planète.

Le V8 turbo bleu a déjà roulé, mais un chum à moi dit que ça fait déjà pas loin de 2 ans qu'on l'a pas revu.

the b6 are worst than the B7 since they've updated the timing chain guides. Change your oil every 5-7k, do a leakdown compression test every year to make sure you don't have scored cylinder wall. Inspect the pvc system from time to time and again pay attention to those timing chain not ratteling.

To be honest.. you spent good money on the exhaust and the intake,tune ... but not the best choice for that car to make good power.

Hey.. desoler je ne suis plus vraiment sur MR tres souvent. Je suis d'accord avec toi APR a un beau son mais le design de l'exhaust n'est pas tres axe sur la performance.
Un exhaust concu pour la performance a habituellement un shallow x-pipe and really smooth bends. Try to go catless if you can live with it and the JHM tune is proven to
be the best one. Actually the JHM with full bolt-ons are the fastest v8 audi on the road for now. If you want to go supercharged.. than it will cost you almost as much as all the go fast NA parts but you will have to upgrade at least your clutch and flywheel to go forced induction.

-exhaust : 2.5 diameter all the way, shallow x pipe and smooth bends near the rear cans, straigh through mufflers ( fast intentions or labree or the updated milltek )
-longtube headers (JHM)
-clutch and lwfw ( JHM\034 stage 4 or clutchmaster fx400)
-lightwheight crank pulley -JHM(wich I'm skeptical of the benifits since audi spent lots of time to make sure the engine is well balanced)
-ported intake manifold-JHM
-JHM tune, wich as the torque limiter removed in the first 3 gears and some intake flap strategy..Launch control.. etc
-if you go mad.. they have a NOS kit

that would take you in the 6-8k. their supercharger stage one is around 10-12k + 1500$ for the clutch and fw.
I'm not really a JHM fanboy even if I have a few of their parts. The after sale service is pretty crap.. once they have your money they don't care.. but they do know how to make those car fast.. or Ishould say faster ;)

Also, the mods that I enjoy the most on my cars are the handling related ones.. coilovers.. swaybars, short shifter.. diff\tranny mounts. Those mods drasticly change the driving experience compared to the go fast ones. at least to my pov.

sorry for the spelling mistake.. doing my best between two meetings..

cheers

Last edited:
Back