BMW M3 Detailed

A preview of things to come

CE54B044-3BEB-4811-850A-06C2A3CBDB76-4976-000007D03B8631E3.jpg

Thanks for the comment *tu*

As for your questions

First the Foam that you see on the car isn't from any particular soap but an attachment for a pressure washer, it's designed to foam the soap all over the car and to be fast, easy and as safe as possible for the paint. Any soap will work and there are even specially designed 'foaming soaps' such as detailer's pride extreme foam formula or chemical guys honey dew snow foam. In this case because I was preping the car for polish and wax I used detergent to strip the surface as much as possible. I used Palmolive but I find it has poor foaming abilities compared to other detergents or car soaps, I normally go for the dawn which foams much more and has stronger grease cutting abilities but I ran out and was to lazy to drive down to the store so I grabbed the Palmolive I had. :p It still does the trick.

Second the wheel cleaner you see is Car pro Iron X. Its a chemical decontaminate that reacts with metal particles such as brake dust, rail dust, soot, and other metal based contaminates including some airborne dust. When it reacts with these particles it turns red/purple and actually dissolves them. This product is made to be used on the entire car from paint, to glass, to wheels etc. There is another similar product From Sonax called full effect wheel cleaner, it's based on the same technology but is more wheel specific. Both products work great so to choose between them, either way you wont go wrong.

These wheels weren't extremely dirty to begin with, it can handle much tougher jobs. Especially on German cars with LOTS of brake dust.

Thanks!

2 more noob questions :)

- What is a good place to order supplies from for people in Montreal?

- About the wash, do you spray it and then wash with a sponge?

+1 on the black grills btw.

I'm looking for exactly that oem 19s or any other nice oem's or a very select list of aftermarket wheels. I don't like these wheels at all they don't do the car justice size and offset is all wrong, they will look great on someone's 3-series looking for an upgrade though.

Hi,

I have a set of 19" oem 2005 M3 for sale...immaculate condition...

They re listed on the forum under roues M3 E46 A VENDRE...

Let me know..

Thanks!

2 more noob questions :)

- What is a good place to order supplies from for people in Montreal?

- About the wash, do you spray it and then wash with a sponge?

+1 on the black grills btw.

For a place to buy products I recommend www.eshine.ca or www.autoobsessed.com both are located in Canada so there is no need to worry about over priced shipping or duties, shipping only takes a few days and both carry tons of top quality professional products. Both sites also offer a special of free shipping on orders of 150$ and over, which is great. If I'm not mistaken Eshine has a sale right now on a riccardo foam cannon 25% off as well. But both sites always have good specials going on.

About the washing, you would first rinse the car with a pressure washer to remove loose dirt and debris. Then foam the whole, you can let it sit for a couple minutes to let the soap soak into the dirt. I use a sheepskin wash mit and scrub the car working top down and rinse it again. If you want to be extra cautious you can rinse the first foaming off repeat a second time and then scrub it down. This way you can be sure to cause as little damage as possible to the paint. Most paint damage, scratches, swirls etc are caused by poor washing techniques

Hi,

I have a set of 19" oem 2005 M3 for sale...immaculate condition...

They re listed on the forum under roues M3 E46 A VENDRE...

Let me know..

they have been spotted lol I'm actually looking to see what kind of deal I can find for tires since yours are scrapped

For a place to buy products I recommend www.eshine.ca or www.autoobsessed.com both are located in Canada so there is no need to worry about over priced shipping or duties, shipping only takes a few days and both carry tons of top quality professional products. Both sites also offer a special of free shipping on orders of 150$ and over, which is great. If I'm not mistaken Eshine has a sale right now on a riccardo foam cannon 25% off as well. But both sites always have good specials going on.

About the washing, you would first rinse the car with a pressure washer to remove loose dirt and debris. Then foam the whole, you can let it sit for a couple minutes to let the soap soak into the dirt. I use a sheepskin wash mit and scrub the car working top down and rinse it again. If you want to be extra cautious you can rinse the first foaming off repeat a second time and then scrub it down. This way you can be sure to cause as little damage as possible to the paint. Most paint damage, scratches, swirls etc are caused by poor washing techniques

Thank you very much. Appreciated.

Take a look at Continentals...ExtremeContact

That s what I got and I really like them...they were really affordable....go see Dan at Lazer on H-B..

nice car!

now drop that car with st suspension, i would leave the 18" wheels on
hard to see on the pic, but my car is pretty slammed

ps: if you want to sell your black interior, please contact me, i need to get rid of my yellow int

553962_10151945021400319_1268822019_n.jpg

Thank you very much. Appreciated.

No problem if you have any other questions don't be shy

Take a look at Continentals...ExtremeContact

That s what I got and I really like them...they were really affordable....go see Dan at Lazer on H-B..

I'll look into it thanks

nice car!

now drop that car with st suspension, i would leave the 18" wheels on
hard to see on the pic, but my car is pretty slammed

ps: if you want to sell your black interior, please contact me, i need to get rid of my yellow int

553962_10151945021400319_1268822019_n.jpg

Thanks but sorry my interior is staying original GLWS

Sweet ride Ryan. I love that generation of BMW.

Great job on the detail.

Thanks Vito I'm really loving this car.

And thanks again for sending Ford my way I really appreciate it, it was a great experience *tu*

*ANOTHER UPDATE*

Today I waxed the car, thanks to the Menzerna Powerlock I was able to wash the car completely touchless. I foamed the car let it sit for a few minutes with a wax/sealant safe soap, rinsed it off, and used my compressor to blow all the water right off. Once it was completely dry it was time for some wax on, wax off using the AutoGlym High Definition Wax :D

664CB794-4ABC-415E-88EE-8D461A5F3085-6609-000009D655529926.jpg

6759C9FD-8E15-4990-B2AE-DA844338ADAB-6609-000009D66B5B9A8D.jpg

766111CA-DC94-44DA-884F-99E8D02C370F-6609-000009D678ECBFD5.jpg

BC817339-418C-4F9F-A94C-8C5C4A1BAF4F-6609-000009D67EF72D9F.jpg

E5DF1F49-9E32-4374-B3E7-63B089C14938-6609-000009D6A7DE05F5.jpg

C8F342D3-D7DD-4617-B0D1-65439ED4799C-6609-000009D6B27E5322.jpg

BD0D7D54-A5A6-4781-9DF3-391F5B78E6BC-6609-000009D69BE1A76B.jpg

Very wet looking *tu*

Car Looks Great

Ry,

The car looks amazing, can't wait to see those new wheels on it! Seriously considering getting an 09 to 2011 M3 myself and we can cruise.

J

Ry,

The car looks amazing, can't wait to see those new wheels on it! Seriously considering getting an 09 to 2011 M3 myself and we can cruise.

J

Nice to see you finally have an account, please get that car you will love it, I love this car more and more everyday and mines 10 years old. Get it and we will cruise MTL to Cali M3 style :bigup:

Back