Introduction: Honda Fit GE8 2012 CBP RS AT(Lots of PICS)

FITGE8

Good day,

I would like to introduce my 2012 Honda Fit GE8 Crystal Black Pearl RS inspired (AT).

I will list my mods to date first and then onto my pics!

I am looking for some info regarding a good solid tuning shop here in Montreal. There is still a lot of work to be done to my FIT until I am satisfied that I have a bad-ass daily driver.

ORIGINAL HONDA ACCESSORIES:

OEM rear bumper appliqué.
OEM rubber mats x 4
OEM mud guards
OEM bug deflector
OEM cargo mat
OEM remote starter with security
OEM arm rest
OEM door visors.
OEM AT shifter – leather wrapped –blue stitching

AFTERMARKET ACCESSORIES – THE CHEESE!!!

VG Shark Fin antenna
35% Tints all around.
K&N performance replacement filter (then removed for CAI install)
IVTEC SOHC decal
British Bulldog on board decal (the reason we bought the Fit in the first place)
JDM Red H emblem – Front
JDM Red H emblem - Rear
JDM Red H emblem - Steering wheel (death by Ninja star special)
JDM Red H emblem – Key fob
RS emblem - rear
RS emblem - front
Red H tire valve covers
Red H oil cap.
E-Brake cover – My wife made me a nice leather cover – Stitched.
Sick Speed reservoir covers – red
Sick Speed cold air intake socks – red

DIY MODIFICATIONS

DIY JDM Rear Wiper mod
DIY lower front grill (to protect the a/c condenser)
DIY A/C mod (to prevent the a/c coming on automatically when defrost selected)

DELETED ITEMS (and items I goofed on)

SPORT chrome badge (installed and promptly removed - oops)
Dealer plate cover- removed and replaced with an all black one with nice bolt covers
Dealer name sticker- removed ( I can`t believe he put that in his list)
ETC - Electronic Throttle Controller from AJR (Removed. Malfunctioned. Threw a code) Not recommended!!!!!

LIGHTING

Dome light - blue LED
Cargo light – blue LED
Map lights – bright white LED
Cup holder light – blue LED
Fog lights - H11 - Sylvania Silverstar Ultra
Headlamps - H4 - Sylvania Silverstar Ultra
Parking/ marker lights - Bright white / bluish LED

PERFORMANCE MODIFICATIONS

Progress anti-sway bar. (what a difference)
PRM cold air intake – OEM intake sitting in closet
Switched from 87 to 91 gasoline. Ethanol free.
Tire pressure to 35PSI all around.

Onto my PICS

First day after delivery

549122_10150772933495801_1666099090_n.jpg

548617_10150772935245801_2144738090_n.jpg

306853_10151072244780801_1298921748_n.jpg

The First thing that had to go was the dealer plate / dealer sticker

DSCF0023.jpg

Here you can see the new all black plate holder and dealer sticker removed.

I added the RS garnish (ordered from Japan).

In Japan the top of the line trim level have red H emblems and the RS trim level in Japan is the same as the Canadian sport trim. So in my opinion it's perfectly legit to add these badges to my car.

As well a little handy work on the wiper. Stock wiper set-up lays horizontal. I removed the motor and tweaked the cam on the inside so that now the wiper is parked in the vertical position and wipes counter-clockwise. This prevents dirt and leaves from accumulating on the wiper. Keeps the back a lot cleaner.

DSCF0015.jpg

Next I added the i-Vtec SOHC sticker. The Civics have the DOHC stickers on the SI models. It was a challenge to find one for my SOHC L-15a series engine.

DSCF00132.jpg

DSCF00172.jpg

Here is a picture of my Shark Fin antenna. The OEM one looked ugly to me. Again it was a challenge to find a working Fin antenna that wasn't just a cover. The other challenge was to find one that was colour matched to my Fit. I was happy to find one from a Canadian company. VG Shark Fins.

DSCF0030-1.jpg

i removed the OEM steering wheel emblem and added a nice Red H JDM inspired one. I call it the ninja star special because if the air bag is ever deployed I fully expect this badge to end up squarely embeded in my chest!

DSCF0026-1.jpg

Tire valve covers. Nice finishing touches.

DSCF00162.jpg

Then I removed my OEM stock intake and replaced it with a PRM cold air intake. Another good Canadian company. Sounds nice and lets the engine breathe better. I was however disappointed in how fast the engine's ECU figured out what was going on. The initial horsepower gain has been somewhat diminished. Thanks Honda! Not...

DSCF0011-1.jpg

Adding a Progress rear anti-sway bar makes for a spirited daily commuter on the on ramps in the city. The car feels more planted in high winds and around big transport trucks.

Living in the city with no garage makes it harder for me to do my own work!

DSCF0039.jpg

DSCF0041.jpg

DSCF0044-1.jpg

Added some door visors. I like them very much. They take away from the boxiness look of the Fit.

DSCF0036-2.jpg

DSCF0038-1.jpg

Then it was time to add the front RS emblem from Japan. This one took longer to ship. It was a chalenge since the honeycombed shape of the grill is different than the JDM version. I ended up using some mouse pad material to make some big rubber washer to attach it to the grill.

DSCF0060.jpg

DSCF0061.jpg

DSCF0062.jpg

DSCF0069.jpg

I installed a mesh from the Home Depot to protect the AC condenser.

They are a ton of money to replace (the condenser that is. Somewhere around $700 plus) and it only cost me 10$ at the Home Depot to protect it for life!

And you know what's neat? it's held on by plastic tie-ties....you can't even tell.

A no brainer. I have had it on for a good 9 weeks now and only the smaller bugs get through. No rocks or other debris have made it past.

DSCF0021-1.jpg

I changed the cup holder lights to blue LEDs. A nice shot of my interior lighting.

new.jpg

And of course the reason for the Bulldog On Board decal. My two monster, Henry and Victoria.

DSCF0025-1.jpg

IMG_1476.jpg

DSCF0043-1.jpg

So what's next? Well a lot really.

Over the winter I will invest in new tires, rims, cold plugs, brake calipers, rotors.

Right now my plans are for

Swift springs or coilovers ( Buddy Club N+)
Spoon Sports calipers and rotors. New brake lines.
Volks Racing rims 17x7 +42.
J's racing wing
Spoon Sports axle-back (N1)

I need a recommendation for a good shop here in Montreal.

Thanks everyone and if you see me zipping around town feel free to honk or wave. And if you here of JDM meets starting up again please shoot me a PM.

Dwayne

Last edited:
^^ lol

J'aime les petites attentions... Je te recommanderais un detailing de qualité (je vois plusieurs swirl dans la peinture qu'un Pro pourrais enlever)

Tu travail bien, continue sur ta lancé, et installe les Coilovers ASAP :)

Nice another Fit on MR. Unfortunately, there aren't much here. Nice little project you have there and the next mods are going to be sick. I'd go for the coilovers before the rest but that's me. Good choice on the Spoon axleback. That's the one I have and IMO that's the one that sounds the best out there. It has a nice low tone.
Keep the updates.

I plan on doing the modifications in two batches.

Batch #1 suspension / brakes / wheels / tires

and

Batch #2 wing / axle back / tail lights / CF hood dampers / engine dress-up (hoses and caps)

I will order the parts one by one and store them over the winter and then install them in the spring. I want to enjoy them in a pristine condition for a few months anyway.

Can anybody recommend a few shops so that I can visit them and decide which one fits with me and my car? I've done a bit of research but I keep coming up empty. Dead links etc...

I plan on doing the modifications in two batches.

Batch #1 suspension / brakes / wheels / tires

and

Batch #2 wing / axle back / tail lights / CF hood dampers / engine dress-up (hoses and caps)

I will order the parts one by one and store them over the winter and then install them in the spring. I want to enjoy them in a pristine condition for a few months anyway.

Can anybody recommend a few shops so that I can visit them and decide which one fits with me and my car? I've done a bit of research but I keep coming up empty. Dead links etc...

I know you want "local" but we're pretty much doomed when it comes to our Fit... I do all my purchases on http://www.aj-racing.com/shop/ Nice prices and service. Are you a member of fitfreak.net?

The idea is to purchase my stuff directly from manufacturer's. Like you said....doomed. But I need a reputable shop to put the items in. One that understands and appreciates the need for RCA's and LCA's when using a coilover with more than a 30mm drop. One that expects to see camber bolts. One that will take the time to balance the corners after the install as well as check the toe-in.

AJR is probably where I will get the bulk of my brake parts. They can source Spoon Sport calipers matched with T1R rotors. To complement I thought of a Goodridge brake line kit.

Tein, Buddy Club, Bilstein are my front runners for coilovers. Mugen and Spoon just want to much money IMO. I just need to figure out and research the best street friendly application.

Wheels? Well...That's always a question of money isn't it? On a GE8 I have not seen any Henkei's that look good.

I want these:

caliper3.jpg

With these:

CE28N_FS-DC.jpg

J'ai pas pu m'empêcher de rire à 35 psi all around et 91 octane haha!

Sérieux arrête de mettre autant de cash la dedans!

hahahaha^^^^ I am glad you got the irony of it all. Il faut jamais se prendre trop au serieux ;)

My Fit takes 40$ to fill up with the good gas, but if you were referring to my proposed upgrades well...Nothing is happening till next summer. I will purchase the parts over winter. Lots of time to adjust. Still...a wish list is a wish list?

35 PSI all around....that one usually promotes discussion. Nothing wrong with over inflating your tires above the recommended value. At 40 PSI I get a nice side wall and is good and grippy on the ville marie expressway.....but the stupid potholes...35 is a nice balance.

When I go on road trips I bring them down to 33. Nice and quiet ride.

In general I do not like to put fake parts on my cars. Like fake Rota rims. It takes away from the companies who spend a lot of money in R&D. This time around I will support Spoon Sports. With the Tsunami...they took a big hit.

Last edited:
ooooh!Excited!

Thanks MR folks. I found a nice feller who is going to take care of my swirl marks on Monday. The best part is that I get to sit in on the whole thing and learn a few things. I should have a very nice and shinny Fit on Monday. I will post a bunch of before and after pics.

I also found a shop. They will install all my parts, Spoon Sports calipers, rotors, brake lines. I decided to go with Swift springs as they are matched perfectly to my OEM dampers and will probably go with Konig lightweight wheels. Although there is a set with a machined lip a nice red detail....So torn!

The Spoon N1 silencer and J's racing wing I will do myself.

Happy UFC 142 all!

Please let us know how well this Honda is holding up compared to Japan or North American built Hondas?

AFAIK its the only Chinese made car available in Canada and I'm curious...

Oh looks good btw.

Back