LF: MK4 Parts

GodfatherInk

Hi Everyone,

Last weekend I bought a 2003 Golf GLs for my girlfriend. I got a great deal on it & wanted to fix it up a little so that the dash does not look like a Christmas tree & so that I don`t get a call from her this winter like "the car stopped working on me" or "it won't start" or "I'm stuck on the side of the highway" etc...

Here is what I need:

NEW or functional used O2 Sensors
NEW ABS sensors (both right side)
Shifter boot for manual transmission (Preferably OEM)

Also, the handbrake light is continuously flashing on the dash?!?!?!? Anyone have any ideas??? I thought it could have something to do with the ABS light or maybe the brake fluid was low but....not sure???

Otherwise, the car is very clean...no rust anywhere & runs great! The engine is a little shaky at idle but I have a feeling this is caused by the O2 sensors malfunctioning.

If anyone has any winter tires that would fit OEM 16" GLS mags, I would be interested as well!!!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks & please call me @ 514-865-3168

Sean

Clean the MAF prior to changing the O2 as that was my problem and easy job. Also do a throttle body clean if you have the time to get it out. These two things may fix the idle and CEL for O2 Sensor failure. I messed with mine for a month changing o2s etc only to clean the MAF and bingo car runs perfect.

Clean the MAF prior to changing the O2 as that was my problem and easy job. Also do a throttle body clean if you have the time to get it out. These two things may fix the idle and CEL for O2 Sensor failure. I messed with mine for a month changing o2s etc only to clean the MAF and bingo car runs perfect.

Thanks Bora Boy, I will try that this weekend & let you know if it worked!

Handbrake light flashing and beeping might just be because of low brake fluid level, like written up top. The sensor has really low travel so just a little bit of missing fluid make it flash under acceleration/braking. Just chek if you dont have a leek somewhere. Also note that the brake fluide is also used in the clutch.

Got the alcohol for electronics (bottle) from Addison/Maddison and a large zip-lock took about an hour to get stuff off and back on.
If that does not work I have some sensors laying arround let me know if you have 5 wire or 4 front.

Back