VW rust warranty

bolidas

Have a few rust spots on my vw, and since it has 12 yrs corrosion warranty, I would like to go to dealership to start deal with it. So, can you tell me which vw dealer has good reputation (costumer service) when it comes to rust
Thank you

How old is your car? And how bad is the rust? I say good luck with getting them to do anything. That 12 year "warranty" is a perforation warranty AKA holes in your car. And even then, they will probably say you didn't take care of rock chips which led to it happening (i.e. owner neglect). If your car has ever been rust proofed from a company other than the dealer, they just make you jump through loops because obviously no dealership wants to do it.

Of course there are people on here who will call me out saying they got their car fixed, but they are the lucky ones. I guess some dealerships are better than others and obviously knowing someone who works there helps, too.

If you have a TDI it might be a different story because there are some TSB's out on them. Plus the TDI's usually develop holes in the front fenders lol.

Anti-Corrosion

12-year, unlimited distance warranty against Corrosion Perforation.***

It's 2003 Passat 1.8t
front part of the hood has bubbled paint spots because of the rust, u can clearly see that it's not because of rock chips, and when you open the hood you can see much more rust from inside, also rear passenger door has one spot underneath molding, so molding can't stay in it's place correctly.
I know some dealers don't give a sh$%, that's why I'm trying to figure it out which place is better to start this hassle

le nouveau proprio de mon mk4 gti a fait passer la rouille sur le bas du hach sur garantie et yavait aucune perforation !

I got my door replaced on my A4 and it wasnt a hole .. it was deeper than surface rust but they considered it as perforation. I went to Lauzon audi, they took pictures, sent them to Audi canada then lauzon called me and sent me to their volkswagen dealership to get the work done

Mmm might try it out for my B6. Got rust bubbles just above the bottom door blade and also noticed rust bubbles on the roof's rain gutter, apparently a known B6 issue :(

Mmm might try it out for my B6. Got rust bubbles just above the bottom door blade and also noticed rust bubbles on the roof's rain gutter, apparently a known B6 issue :(

The doors are probably gonna pass, they usually rust underneath the bottom blade, the blades are not under warranty so if they are deformed you'll have to pay for them.
No idea about the roof, havent seen one yet.

I have already submitted for roof rail bubbles and hood beside the hinge. Sales manager told me both should pass but I am still waiting since like July. I called back 3-4 times since then and he kept telling me that first Audi Canada was in some sort of warranty claim makeover/reform, then again the same, then the third time he told me its true it's been too long I'll call them and figure shit out, calls me back says they're done with the procedure but now that there was a long halt, there are about ~5000 cases lines up and I should be notified in October-November ish... Anybody can confirm this is true? Mayerz do you know anything about this?

Im actually going again soon. Me too i ot bubles on my roof on the corner and bubles on the upper part of my passenger door

I just got my car back from VW Arbour in Laval, they painted my hatch under warranty :D
If you want good service try them out

Has anyone tried Audi Prestige DDO to claim the rust?

Yep i took mine to them in August. Since then the service manager keeps telling me there is a delay due to a reform at audi canada and generally postpones for various reasons. Last call he said the file is through and they asked for a pic of my vin number which he supposedly forgot to send. Said should get back to me within two weeks... I am claiming the roof rail and the hood. 2004 Audi A4

Back