VW rust warranty

Yep i took mine to them in August. Since then the service manager keeps telling me there is a delay due to a reform at audi canada and generally postpones for various reasons. Last call he said the file is through and they asked for a pic of my vin number which he supposedly forgot to send. Said should get back to me within two weeks... I am claiming the roof rail and the hood. 2004 Audi A4

Wow that's slooooowwwww.... keep us posted.

Update: about 3 weeks ago i went to Arbour VW (10395 Boul. Pie-IX). They took some pictures of my car, filled out paperwork and told me wait for phone call after 8 weeks.
Today I received a call from them. On December 4 I have to bring in my car for repairs. It's gonna take 3 days to replace the parts and they will give me other car to drive during that time.

it's not the best quality picture :) I will take better ones to do before/after

030.jpg

Update:

Got a call just now from the service manager. They approved the hood but not the roof rail... Whereas he kept telling me it was supposed to be the opposite.

Reason for roof rail: they say it was from an outside influence... I asked to resubmit and in fact I noticed another super tiny bubble further towards the back of the car in the roof rail so we'll see how it goes. Other than that for the hood I will be taking it to them on Jan 28th.

I will also post up the pictures of the areas in question and honestly, the way it is on the hood is a LOT more likely to be from outside influence than the hood... I guess they are just going for the cheaper repair... My warranty ends in 2014 though, got lots of time to argue with them :)

It still a win situation cause the front of the hood is really covered with stone chips.

Roof rail rust was due to outside influence? Smells like BS, keep fighting. I don't have time right now but I'm planning to take my car in in December to Audi DDO to make the claim.

Lol they covered that but not the roof rail? That's a joke keep fighting I'm gonna post pics of the rust on my car soon

edit: with picture of why they repainted my hatch

the little spot under the 2.5

image-7.jpg

Last edited:
Took 5 months to get my warranty .
Tell em you wanna buy a new car and you wanna give em your car in trade-in.
They'll have it painted right away.

I've had rust on all 4 of my doors on my 2006 Audi A3. Rust is coming from inside the paint, which means its perforation and is not caused by something done by me or my driving. I've been on there ass for almost 8 months and nothing....

Whats worse.... I made the decision to keep my car since she runs impeccably, and so I went out and purchased an AWE Turboback Exhaust, and Koni FSD suspension. It now sits in my veranda, and I've been contemplating on what to do.

My only other idea was to simply go to the stealership and "purchase a pre-owned", and when I tell them I have an impeccable, rust free, 12 yr corrosion warranty 2006 A3, I'll wait for the quote. Then double back and let them know my doors are all rusting at the bottom seams, and wait to see how much of an ass they make themselves, when they try to de-value my vehicle because of the rust perforation they are "supposedly going to cover under their warranty".

Si quelqu'un as des truc , le bas de mes fender et rocker en bas son rust et rimar on rien voulu savoir sur mon mk4 :( ...

Si quelqu'un as des truc , le bas de mes fender et rocker en bas son rust et rimar on rien voulu savoir sur mon mk4 :( ...

j'ai acheter mon auto chez rimar, pire erreur a vie, d'apres moi sa dois etre le pire vw qui a pas...aller ailleurs le service labas est a chier.

my golf is a 2001 and im getting my whole trunk replaced free
:)
long live 12 year rust warranty

I have an 07 GTI... passenger front fender had chipped paint that was beginning to rust and it was covered.

Now I noticed the driver's side is starting... I'll have to bring it in after winter.

Back