Close mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually, since 1978 :) but thanks anyway.

Et j'ai une question pour toi. Est-ce que tu es allé en discuté avec Pat avant d'ouvrir ton thread?

.So I went to see Pat from Acsp in laval he told me what it was going to cost me and how much time it was going to take.I accepted and made it very clear to him before starting to work on the car if he was capable and knowledged enough to tune my car since I read online that tuning itbs requires fine tuning and lots of experience to get it to work right.he said that he was capable of doing it

OP asked the shop if they knew what they were doing. Shop said yes. Shop realized that infact, that didn't know what they were doing (ITB's aren't easy to tune). The fact that the shop was unable to perform the task that was paid for does ultimately merit a full reimbursement IMO.

OP asked the shop if they knew what they were doing. Shop said yes. Shop realized that infact, that didn't know what they were doing (ITB's aren't easy to tune). The fact that the shop was unable to perform the task that was paid for does ultimately merit a full reimbursement IMO.

And the shop asked him if his car is ready to be tuned and he said yes and then the car exploded oil all over this guy's floor.

ACSP Ripped Me Off

And the day after the seal was replaced what does a broken crank seal have to do with tuning do you not get the point of this thread I didn't pay him to change the crank seal I payed him to tune my car

And the shop asked him if his car is ready to be tuned and he said yes and then the car exploded oil all over this guy's floor.

Which should have resulted in him charging more for the job though. From what I understood, after that issue, the shop attempted it twice without success.

ACSP Ripped Me Off

Discuss what with pat the fact he wasn't capable of completing the job and do actually think that if I had asked for a full refund he was going to give it to me.his exact words to me were I have spent to much time on your car and I am not willing to spend any ore of it

Just don't pay attention to Twon. He's just another bored troll that has trolled me in the past also.
He's miserable and his life sucks.

I've personally had the same experience as the OP so I can relate to him going to get your car tuned and trusting a shop and then things are done shitty.

For every 1 reputable tuner there seems to be 15-20 shitty tuners that just suck and will lie to u saying how "ya sure I can do this job easy" but they're just experimenting on ur car and haven't really done the job and then they don't wanna put the effort to make sure everything is done accordingly.

Personally I'd recommend seeing Laurent over at Custom Rides off the 440

You'll probably never see your 800$ again.

Get 323drive in here so he can share his experience with your car.

Pat accepted to tune a car with hardware that couldn't manage the car properly. He never told the owner about it, half assed 2 tunes and took the money, leaving the owner with a car that is undrivable. Incompetance? carelessness? Dunno, don't care, your guess is as good as mine. Point being, he got himself into something he didn't understand and failed, the outcome was worst than mediocre.

To keep the story short, after modifying the electronics to what was required to run this setup (BTW TWON, the engine in this car is worth more than your whole car, go talk shit elsewhere), telling the owner what changes are required to make this thing streetable, we were able to tune it and it now runs well. It was one of the trickiest setups to work on and required more time than expected. However, since I got myself into it and we had an agreement with the owner, I got myself out of it and everybody is happy. So if Pat didn't know enough about MS and how to tune an ITB setup, he should have stayed away. Charging money for work that hasn't been done isn't what I call being professional. Unfortunately, this isn't the first time I have to retune setups that came out of speed shops.

my 2 cents

twon occasionally raises good points, but he does so like a socially challenged loner.

the OP's post is half the reason i go on MR. to get opinions and reviews so i can make informed decisions on things that involve my car. doesn't mean people will blindly side with the OP on everything, it's just part of the point to having an automotive society/forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back