What are they building on the 40 in the west island?

h-lover

Legacy Member
Just wondering if anyone knows what they are doing on the 40 from St-Anne's to Kirkland? Fourth lane? Repaving shoulder? I can't find anything online.

It's construction from the Ontario border. My ~40 cruise to WI is now an hour easy :( I hate it. It's funny though, because before on the 40 to the 417 it was night and day Ontario to Quebec. It's still night and day, but it's Quebec with the brand new roads lol

Quebec: doing shit Ontario did ten years ago and decided not to do anywhere else. The sound the concrete makes is so annoying, however it does seem to be lasting really well, and it's easier on tires and fuel. Takes forever to do though

Quebec: doing shit Ontario did ten years ago and decided not to do anywhere else. The sound the concrete makes is so annoying, however it does seem to be lasting really well, and it's easier on tires and fuel. Takes forever to do though

If i have the choice between noisy but long-lasting concrete or silent asphalt that has potholes after a year, it seems the choice is clear.

Anyway, MR people all have hellaflush cars, noisy fartcans and 1000W sound systems, they shouldn't care about road noise.

My car is straight piped, I rev at over 3000 cruiosing at 110, and I can still hear it. The thing is the comany that does yours will obviously fuck it up. I don't know ho your highways get pot holes. Ours don't

They also seem to be working on the Ste-Anne overpass that has been closed for the past 2-3 years.

Anyone has more details?

They also seem to be working on the Ste-Anne overpass that has been closed for the past 2-3 years.

Anyone has more details?

The free paper from Hudson last week said a series of round a bouts to replace the overpasses in ste annes. BUT that they were still disputing who would pay (Prov/Municipal). Anyway, whatever gets it open again.

I'm guessing they are paving the shoulder of the 40E to divert the entire hwy onto one side to repave the other? It took what over a year to to the last concrete segment? Gonna be great...

Glad they're doing all this shit now, hopefully in 10 years the roads in MTL will be nice and not a pile of shit. By then I'm sure I'll have my dream car so I'll need something nice to drive on without having to dodge potholes.

Also makes me not drive at 130 cause the sound is unbearable, less bad at 110km/h lol

I find the sound doesn't really change with speed. It's only about 50km in Ontariow hich is too bad. Bright side: it's right where I live so I get it going east and west :p

My car is straight piped, I rev at over 3000 cruiosing at 110, and I can still hear it. The thing is the comany that does yours will obviously fuck it up. I don't know ho your highways get pot holes. Ours don't

Shit raw materials, no quality control testing, low cost jobs to save money now and help create jobs later when it needs to be fixed to help our shitty unemployment, corrupt construction, corrupt politicians and so on.....

Back