For the love of M...

I always dreamed of owning a M3 ... but since a own a BMW...

I just wanna puke when i see another one ...

welcome to oil leakage, cooling fluid leaking, sensor failing, plastic engine component destroyed by itself in a 5 years old car ... almost like a 15 years old P.O.S ...

(from a 10 years VW/Audi owner...)

Looks like you got a lemon and I agree the old X3 is a terrible vehicle. With german cars it is all about preventive maintenance and trustworthy mechanics.

welcome to oil leakage, cooling fluid leaking, sensor failing, plastic engine component destroyed by itself in a 5 years old car ... almost like a 15 years old P.O.S ...

My BF has a 2005 BMW M3 and don't have a single problem....the car is clean, works well, is fun on the track etc. I like his car like mine :p

Looks like you got a lemon and I agree the old X3 is a terrible vehicle. With german cars it is all about preventive maintenance and trustworthy mechanics.

At 150k km we can't talk about lemon, true reliabilty start here ... last owner don't have a single problem ... All problems have got was minor to fix, but time consuming like shit !!!! after research, found nothing on x3 forum but E36, E46 and other bmw have the same minor problem ... preventive maintenace cannot prevent for exemple a oil filter housing leaking ... that just the end of their short life, 6 years ... just an exemple ... the last "maintenance needed" car have owned was an audi coupe 91 with 245k km and 15 years old ...

At 150k km we can't talk about lemon, true reliabilty start here ... last owner don't have a single problem ... All problems have got was minor to fix, but time consuming like shit !!!! after research, found nothing on x3 forum but E36, E46 and other bmw have the same minor problem ... preventive maintenace cannot prevent for exemple a oil filter housing leaking ... that just the end of their short life, 6 years ... just an exemple ... the last "maintenance needed" car have owned was an audi coupe 91 with 245k km and 15 years old ...

Well, I've owned both Audi and BMW (similar to you) and over time I have been better served by the BMW vs. Audi. I have friends with E34 M5, E30 M3, E46 M3, E86, E39's high-mileage cars and they have been very well served by them. Yes, on occasion there are issues but overall they would not trade them for anything else. This is not to say they are cheap to maintain but at one point you need to decide whether it is worth holding on to your car.

Like every model there are some years to avoid, for example on the E46 M3 you avoid all pre-2003 model years.

and ? that's my tought when i see a BMW since i have one. I almost puke in my mouth everytime ... all good thing in bmw (engine, body, suspension) was associate with shity, prone to fail, components ... cooling system, gm transmission, cheap gasket, unreachable "must to change" components ...

not a X3 problem ... all bmw ... go read on BMW forum worldwide ... talk about the 3 days turbo change/repairs wastegate on the 3.0TT just for the lolz (dealer work time)...

First gen X3s aren't real BMWs, they are built by Magna Steyr in Austria.

You bought a first gen X3 and now your complaining? that's like like trying to hook up with your retarded cousin and thinking it's a good idea. The only reason you puke when you see other bmw's is because you realize how much of an idiot you are for buying an X3.

that the same engine, xdrive and all of a 3 serie ... plus towing capacity (3500lbs) ... what i need ...

I complaining about P.O.S components like cooling system, gasket, seal, plastics composition ... before buying, i can't found that much complaining about X3, except for the hard ride, but me i like it ... after some problem, and more search, i found that is all common on e46 (on what e83 was based)... so i'm not impressionned by BMW who deliberately put weak point on their master piece of engineering ... they know how to make an bullet proof engine, timeless body, handling machine (even S.U.V. ) ...

but they do like toshiba who put resistor that can't handle more than 3 years of used ... just to be disposable sooner ... that's what I hate...

when compare Audi to VW, even on the same base (like passat b5 and a4 b6) you will see the premium quality and all of the premium brand (exemple :aluminium crossmember, better underneath protection, better and stronger design here and ther, etc) ... that's what i expect from BMW ...

I like my car and when maintenace will be done, it's probably last another 150k but for now i'm disapointed ...

Biased much? Sounds like you may have obtained a problem car, and potentially severely rolled back. I can certainly tell you the problems you speak of are not known in all bmw's. I personally own a 2002 BMW M3 and have yet to have any problems other than regular maintenance. I am truly impressed with the engineering that goes into these cars, and that coming from a VW background. Sorry bud.

that the same engine, xdrive and all of a 3 serie ... plus towing capacity (3500lbs) ... what i need ...

I complaining about P.O.S components like cooling system, gasket, seal, plastics composition ... before buying, i can't found that much complaining about X3, except for the hard ride, but me i like it ... after some problem, and more search, i found that is all common on e46 (on what e83 was based)... so i'm not impressionned by BMW who deliberately put weak point on their master piece of engineering ... they know how to make an bullet proof engine, timeless body, handling machine (even S.U.V. ) ...

but they do like toshiba who put resistor that can't handle more than 3 years of used ... just to be disposable sooner ... that's what I hate...

when compare Audi to VW, even on the same base (like passat b5 and a4 b6) you will see the premium quality and all of the premium brand (exemple :aluminium crossmember, better underneath protection, better and stronger design here and ther, etc) ... that's what i expect from BMW ...

I like my car and when maintenace will be done, it's probably last another 150k but for now i'm disapointed ...

I'm extremely happy with my car as well and I own the first gen N54 engines, that if you base yourself on what people say online, are one of the most unreliable engines when in reality all of its "problems" were solved by BMW with recalls and extended warranties. I have put over 65,000 kms on my car and so far did only preventive maintenance and typical oil, brakes etc... Its sitting right now at 117,000 kms.

I love my car and wouldn't trade it for anything right now...

Go buy a dodge dart man.

Who can prove me the opposite ? in a certain point of view, engineers do their job ... they put a life time on "lifetime" component ...

"cool cars" these days ... no one talk about the true things... only about the fancy fashionned wheels, badge and stanced suspension ... but in 5 years these 2 cars will be the worst P.O.S in the world ... no one will care about these old body M3-M5 ... but the new Exx and Fxx will be tha thing !

Dude are u fkn nuts? Somewhere out in distant galaxies , aliens are jerking off over the m3, and m5.

Yes the Exx series are awesome for tuning and bla bla but common man

Go buy a dodge dart man.

i'm crazy but not at this point ... lol ...

and relability about summer car, never seen rain, under 100k km car ... let me laugh... ahhh fanboy, I shut the fuck up and I let you jerking off on some useless carbon panel and fancy colored wheel ... wait a minute, hotwheel have the same model ... ;)

Go start your own threads, shit head.

You're just too much of a pussy to deal with the "luxury" of having a real car.

NICE CARS!!

A lemon has nothing to do with mileage btw...A lemon is a lemon...

images

Back