The next Civic Type-R to get 2.0L Turbo and expect 300 HP

Stock equipment: 260HP 260TQ 2900LBS, Brembo Brakes, LSD, Flat Foot Shifting Algorithm, Recaro Seats etc, Forged Internals, K04 Turbo..

the 2008 cobalt ss did an 8:22 on the nurburgring on a partially wet track. This is even with the E46 M3 and R32 Skyline and 17 seconds faster than the Speed 3. The cobalt ss is actually faster than the speed 3 on every single track they have ever been compared on by a large margin. For example. VIR the cobalt did a 3:13.00, The best speed 3 time was a 3:16 and the best STi time was a 3:13.8.. Ever.

The cobalt was the fastest FWD production car for a few years.

And mod for mod.. They will hand the speed 3 a beating...

Here are some dyno numbers:

Wow, I haven't thought it was that fast! I was looking for a SS last year, but it was only the supercharged, I wanted the turbo at this time..

Wow, I haven't thought it was that fast! I was looking for a SS last year, but it was only the supercharged, I wanted the turbo at this time..

Looks like you should wait for a civic now .. :p

I had the supercharged model, it was a quick compact for the time but in the end, a POS. The turbo is amazing, downpipe and an aggressive tune (400-500$ for both together max) and you'll make 310-320 whp and 350+ wtq

OEM Turbo Civic is a tuners wet dream.
but the purists will still prefer N/A.

the fact remains 200hp for a sport compact in 2012 isnt enough. they needed to do something.

OEM Turbo Civic is a tuners wet dream.
but the purists will still prefer N/A.

the fact remains 200hp for a sport compact in 2012 isnt enough. they needed to do something.

INB4 FRS/BRZ fanboys.

Alors un civic type-r turbo de 300hp? Ca serait interressant, mais bonne chance pour qu'on l'aille ici.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/11/13/honda-civic-type-r-to-get-2-0l-turbo-with-up-to-300-horsepower/

Not that we're expecting to see the car over here anyway, but we hear that the impending return of the Honda Civic Type R could bring with it a more powerful engine crammed under its short hood. Honda CEO Takanobu Ito has already confirmed the Civic Type R would return in 2015, and now Auto Express says that a Honda R&D employee has confirmed that this car will be powered by a turbocharged 2.0-liter engine producing "as much as" 300 horsepower – earlier speculation had the car powered by a smaller 1.6-liter four.

Honda has already vowed to make the Civic Type R the "fastest front-wheel-drive vehicle on the Nürburgring," so this much power doesn't seem out of the question. We already spotted a Type R test mule putting some laps on the 'Ring earlier this summer. Other reported details about the new Type R include it retaining its front-wheel-drive layout but adding a limited-slip differential and possibly even rear-wheel steering for optimal performance and handling.

Autoblog.

And we wont even have the chance to see it... Comme les dernières Génération de R....
Je n'ai pas pris la peine de loader les photos, le véhicule est ''Camo''

I don't like the look of it unfortunately.. But 300hp for a stock civic is pretty much amazing i'd agree! :p

No "Dodge Dart turbo is faster with just a 1.4L" joke yet?

lol-fuck-you-bro.jpg

Fastest and FWD don't go together, still looks like a boring car, and it's still based on one of the most crappiest cars of all time, and i don't believe the video is true, the cobalt SS turbo charged did 0-60 in 5.5 and 1/4 mile in 14.00 on the motor trend reviews. Huge cap between 14 and 11.6

Fastest and FWD don't go together, still looks like a boring car, and it's still based on one of the most crappiest cars of all time, and i don't believe the video is true, the cobalt SS turbo charged did 0-60 in 5.5 and 1/4 mile in 14.00 on the motor trend reviews. Huge cap between 14 and 11.6

It has "modifications", i said STOCK TURBO, not "STOCK"... The video was posted by a reputable tuner shop, there are other stock turbo cobalts in the 11s, google is your friend, use it....

Fastest and FWD do go together when you are talking about the Fastest FWD car.

Civic 200hp > cobalt 260hp honda FTW on voi encore de civic '89 j'ai hate de voir une cobalt de 23 ans!

La seul différence c'est que la Civic aura tué tout le monde avec toute l'huile qu'elle brûle. C'est pas que j'aime pas les civics, mais le monde disent que les civics c'est fiables pis blablabla, mais j'trouve encore pas mal de cavalier des mêmes années à vendre. Tsé, pour 1500$ t'as un civic battu à mort, un cavalier potable ou une saturn avec peu de millage.

Anyway back on topic, 300hp sur un FWD, sa risque juste de patiner quand tu vas le mettre dans le fond, j'espère qui vont faire en sorte que se soit vraiment plaisant à conduire. En tk, c'est fini le temps ou c'était cool les civics montés, le monde sont passé à autre chose...

I would be really, really disappointed. For me honda should be N/A and mostly when it comes to a CTR, type R or SI. In my head, they are rev happy four banger.

Thats also the reason why my Si will stay N/A even if every body says go s/c or turbo... N/A is a waste of money. Well I'll keep it N/A no mather what!

Back