News: Toyota Confirms Five Major Launches Coming Next Year

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
LF-LC-Concept1.jpg

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2012/11/toyota-confirms-five-major-launches-coming-next-year.html
Toyota’s senior VP of automotive operations, Bob Carter, delivered a speech today at the Barclays Capital global automotive conference in which he revealed the plan for “five major [vehicle] launches” next year.

Speaking about the new vehicles, he also commented on the characteristics they would have, saying “what you’ll see from us is more emotional designs and styling that… quite frankly… we really haven’t offered before.”
Toyota is known for building some blandly styled cars, but it looks like what we are going to see in the new year is some exciting new design, much like what happened to the new Avalon.

Along with the five mystery vehicles, Carter also discussed the LF-LC concept, saying “it’s just a concept now, but it’s has received a fantastic reception from the public, so stay tuned.” While this isn’t a confirmation of production, it is a strong hint that the LF-CC will be coming to market as a production vehicle.

I really like where Toyota is going. It'll be interesting to see what the five cars will be.

IMG_8012.JPG

Personnal opinion: This is one of the ugliest car I've ever seen of my entire life. WTF is going on in today's car designer's mind?

Well, I recall reading a few months back how after the 86 they were considering to relaunch the Supra and MR2... That plus a new GT-four, and I'd actually start to like modern Toyota!

Fingers crossed!!!

Sent from the 80's using 4A-GE

hmmmm a new GT-Four? The Celica used to wear that badge...and has since been replaced by the Scion tC....does this mean they will make a GT-four version of the tC? :D That would be interesting!

hmmmm a new GT-Four? The Celica used to wear that badge...and has since been replaced by the Scion tC....does this mean they will make a GT-four version of the tC? :D That would be interesting!

If they bring back the gt-4 and the MR2 I will literally jizz blood. I loved those 2 cars like you wouldn't believe.

Toyota hasn't made a nice car since the 2000gt. Supra is an amazing car, but if you say it's "nice", you're crazy. Hopefully these new designs spice things up!

Toyota hasn't made a nice car since the 2000gt. Supra is an amazing car, but if you say it's "nice", you're crazy. Hopefully these new designs spice things up!

You're avatar sucks.

The ONLY thing the supra has is looks...I'd get an N/A automatic for the sole purpose of it's looks.

You're avatar sucks.

The ONLY thing the supra has is looks...I'd get an N/A automatic for the sole purpose of it's looks.

I like the way it looks. But you can't say it's beautiful. Show an MKIV Supra and a MKI E-Type to a woman and see what she picks.
Also, I don't have an avatar

The shape of the body is similar to the new mustang concept.. I think the basics right on, but Toyota needs to do serious work on the trim. The front bumper is hideous, but the car has beautiful curves.

eos-stang-580x385.jpg

The toyots looks to be lower, wider stance in the back, but very similar.

IMG_8012.JPG

I like the way it looks. But you can't say it's beautiful. Show an MKIV Supra and a MKI E-Type to a woman and see what she picks.
Also, I don't have an avatar

She'd pick the Supra, "it's cute and bubbly looking" lol. And I know you don't have an avatar,that's why it sucks :p

Back