Best Physiotherapy in montreal for athletes?

the watcher

Any recommendations for really good physiotherapists in montreal?

it's regarding a groin injury. I went to kinatex on guy and i wasn't too impressed with the person i was dealing with, not a lot of emphasis on how to do exercises correctly and she also told me i was good to go play after a few weeks, but i got re-injured almost instantly.
Preferable near downtown on the plateau area. Or worst case i'll go back to kinatex guy and ask for another therapist.

Thanks

Any recommendations for really good physiotherapists in montreal?

it's regarding a groin injury. I went to kinatex on guy and i wasn't too impressed with the person i was dealing with, not a lot of emphasis on how to do exercises correctly and she also told me i was good to go play after a few weeks, but i got re-injured almost instantly.
Preferable near downtown on the plateau area. Or worst case i'll go back to kinatex guy and ask for another therapist.

Thanks

I cant stand physio's they are amateurs. I go see an osteopathe, much more competent.
I recommand the osteopathe from the MAA clinic on Peel in downtown mtl. Its not more expensive then others and by far the best service and location.
(514) 845-2233, ext. 234

I cant stand physio's they are amateurs. I go see an osteopathe, much more competent.
I recommand the osteopathe from the MAA clinic on Peel in downtown mtl. Its not more expensive then others and by far the best service and location.
(514) 845-2233, ext. 234

tumblr_mdgbmqomw71qdlh1io1_400.gif

(514) 845-2233, ext. 234

What the diff between an osteopathe and physio? From what i read they deal more with the whole body and physio will target a specific muscle.

I'm a physio and we do not target a specific muscle.
We use mostly manual therapy (what ignorant people can define as massage, but which is not) to treat our patients.
Often, a joint is hypomobile (which means that it doesn't move enough), so surrounding joints have to compensate to do a the movement and become hypermobile. When they become hypermobile, they have a risk of becoming less stable, that's when pain appears. Roughly, manual therapy does target hypermobile joints and increase the mouvement of the joints that are ''blocked'' so that you can regain your mobility. Also, sometimes, muscles can be stiff and limit the movement of joints and create pain, thus, the utility of various techniques of stretching. Nerves can also be stuck or pinched by muscles, so exercises can be given to soften the muscular tissue.
So no, we do not fius only on muscle, but we evaluate and treat any ''neuro-musculo-squelettique'' problem.

As for osteo, I have a 2-3 friends that are currently studying in that field and most of them were physios. They do have a different approach than physio and work a lot with movements between the organs and their function in the whole body. It's less based on physical-mechanic-movements of the joints and the way they assess a patient is different. I have a seen very good physios and very crappy osteos, and the other way around. So please, JLG-racing, do not put all physios in the same basket. Thanx.

To answer your question Watcher, IMHO, the best physio clinic in Montreal is this one:
http://www.physiomk.com/en/index.html

The owners are well-known PT's around the world, and I would think that the physios that work there are top notch experts. If it's too far, you might as well try Action Sport Physio in West Island, I have a few friends that work there, and they do treat a lot of athletes. Or you can try Physimed close to Decarie, it's a Kinatex clinic, but they do treat many hockey athletes.

Hope it answers a few questions here.

I use Physimed. It's sort of an advantage of working where I do. They don't want us waiting around in regular clinics, and want us back at work, so we get a somewhat priority service. Even then though, it's a relatively short wait time, and the times that I have gone for either a medical, injury or otherwise, the service was top notch.

Well me and you both have groin injuries :-(.... Got hurt playing football and worst thing is I'm missing the semi + possibly the finals.... Totally sucks...

That being said... I made an appointment at action physio in the west island since it's close to home and heard only good things about them.....

Monday I'm going so ill let you know how it went...

Sent from my SGH-I757M using Tapatalk 2

I'm a physio and we do not target a specific muscle.
We use mostly manual therapy (what ignorant people can define as massage, but which is not) to treat our patients.
Often, a joint is hypomobile (which means that it doesn't move enough), so surrounding joints have to compensate to do a the movement and become hypermobile. When they become hypermobile, they have a risk of becoming less stable, that's when pain appears. Roughly, manual therapy does target hypermobile joints and increase the mouvement of the joints that are ''blocked'' so that you can regain your mobility. Also, sometimes, muscles can be stiff and limit the movement of joints and create pain, thus, the utility of various techniques of stretching. Nerves can also be stuck or pinched by muscles, so exercises can be given to soften the muscular tissue.
So no, we do not fius only on muscle, but we evaluate and treat any ''neuro-musculo-squelettique'' problem.

As for osteo, I have a 2-3 friends that are currently studying in that field and most of them were physios. They do have a different approach than physio and work a lot with movements between the organs and their function in the whole body. It's less based on physical-mechanic-movements of the joints and the way they assess a patient is different. I have a seen very good physios and very crappy osteos, and the other way around. So please, JLG-racing, do not put all physios in the same basket. Thanx.

To answer your question Watcher, IMHO, the best physio clinic in Montreal is this one:
http://www.physiomk.com/en/index.html

The owners are well-known PT's around the world, and I would think that the physios that work there are top notch experts. If it's too far, you might as well try Action Sport Physio in West Island, I have a few friends that work there, and they do treat a lot of athletes. Or you can try Physimed close to Decarie, it's a Kinatex clinic, but they do treat many hockey athletes.

Hope it answers a few questions here.

Thanks for the clarifications. It does help but i think the difference from a user point of view is still a bit vague between when to go to a osteo or a physio. I think i'll give both a shot. I called kinatex guy and they said there is a girl that has much more experience and that followed the crew of grand ballet canadiens around as their physio. Might give it a shot.

Well me and you both have groin injuries :-(.... Got hurt playing football and worst thing is I'm missing the semi + possibly the finals.... Totally sucks...

That being said... I made an appointment at action physio in the west island since it's close to home and heard only good things about them.....

Monday I'm going so ill let you know how it went...

Sent from my SGH-I757M using Tapatalk 2

Tell me about it. I missed the playoffs for both teams last season because of this and they ended up loosing. I was trying to come back for the playoffs for this season but it looks like a no also :(
Do let me know how action turns out, or what kind of exercises and advice they give u, maybe it can help me out.

One thing Watcher,
If you decide to go both, just do all the sessions with one professionnal, then switch. Don't go both at the same time.

Would you go to a see a physio or osteo for lower back pain ? or none ? i went to a osteo and a chyro but i still have pain . Chryo kinda relieved the pain a bit tho

Back