Article: Classic Jaguar E-Type left to rot

Somewhere in laval :(

2012-11-25122116.jpg

2012-11-25122135.jpg

2012-11-25122143.jpg

2012-11-25122151.jpg

2012-11-25122159.jpg

Tu pourrais me dire cest ou laval en pm je pense que je sais cest a qui

My neighbour (older and retired gentleman) has a 1964 Jaguar E-type rotting in his yard and hasn't been driven since the 80s. It just sits under a green tarp. He is the original owner to boot!

Is it worth me figuring out the condition for a potential save or do I forget it? Ebay has some for 70K+

As for tracking down the owner via the plate, it's possible if you have a friend in the police (however it is illegal for them to do that).

Good Handling Cars

Because it will cost way to much IMO and you still have a car that will handle like poop. Also just because that car looks "clean" doesn't mean it is. British cars loved to rust from the inside out and those cars loved to rot at suspension attachment points.

I'd much rather have an XK8 coupe . Sure still a terrible car but it's sorta modern and looks good

Handle like "poop" ?

http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/hrdp_1002_1971_jaguar_xke/viewall.html

It surprises me that in this day and age, people do not realize that anything is possible. The article states that it was 3rd of 31 entries in a "Goodguys" autocross with mostly STOCK suspension (upgraded shocks, bigger tires).

cheezer

My buddy's grandfather had a MINT 71 E-type, straight six convertible sitting in his garage. A few years after he died, the grandmother sold it for like 5k. You can imagine my friend was ready to cry when he heard that.

Somewhere in laval :(

C'est pas "somewhere" sa! haha
Merde! Y'a de bonnes chances que le proprio soit mort dans son condo si on considère ou elle est stationné = (

Let's go steal it? = P LOL

In other news

"Hey, I just heard of a new barnfind rumor! I'll give you the location on your map"
hahaha

Its in laval, not a civic but probably gonna get stolen if it runs haha or people tried already and nope not running

I saw this one like 2 months ago, almost sure it was the same on kijiji, he was asking $8.000

I've seen this car in person about 2 months ago, and I know where it's parked. When I saw it there was a huge trail of oil from wherever it came from right to where it was parked. You could even see that he had changed parking spots from the front of the lot to the back, probably because he saw the oil trail lol. It still had the yellow transit paper in the rear window, so the owner must have just bought it. He probably doesn't drive it and feels ripped off for buying a car with a huge oil leak. I seriously doubt this car would be worth buying, regardless of its condition. It's probably some old man who had an E-Type when he was younger, and bought this one for nostalgia purposes.

Back