What's the catch....? Mastercard plan

there was many thread about it but here the 2 u need
http://montrealracing.com/forums/sh...levelling-down-cashback&highlight=best+reward
http://montrealracing.com/forums/showthread.php?801336-best-credit-cards&highlight=best+reward

so to answer no its not a trap but it used to be even better ( i made 300$ in less than one years but now with the new quote forget about making alot of money after 6 months)

and if ur realy plan to getting one dont forget to tell them that u dont want any offer from them if u don't tell them they'll call you for protection and shitt like that

It's down to 2% for groceries actually, but I don't find their offer is better than the Amazon.ca rewards card.

The amazon card has 1% cashback on all your purchases, 2% on amazon.ca, but it has no foreign transaction conversion fee as well. So you pay the exchange rate and that's it, saves you a shitload of cash (paypal charges like 7% foreign conversion fee and all credits cards charge 2.5% at least).

It's down to 2% for groceries actually, but I don't find their offer is better than the Amazon.ca rewards card.

The amazon card has 1% cashback on all your purchases, 2% on amazon.ca, but it has no foreign transaction conversion fee as well. So you pay the exchange rate and that's it, saves you a shitload of cash (paypal charges like 7% foreign conversion fee and all credits cards charge 2.5% at least).

Hmmmmmm that's interesting. I travel to the States every year and buy lots of stuff online.

Please aware me.

What's the card you speak of?

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/cobrandcard/marketing.html

Good card IMHO but not better than the MBNA Smartcash. Even if you have to pay 2.5% foreign conversion, I end up earning a lot more by having 3% on gas/groceries VS 1%.

Down to 2% now though.
And there's a cap to your cashback, unlike the amazon. There was a review abotu the amazon card in lapresse 2 months ago, they said it was the best card in canada. I'm sold to it, the only reason I don;t like MBNA is because they have doubtful pratices in general as a bank, they'll sell your info to anyone and spam you shitless, and they chnaged their cashback terms with less rewards a a 1000 dollars/month cap or something. Still is up to each person's own taste though

Down to 2% now though.
And there's a cap to your cashback, unlike the amazon. There was a review abotu the amazon card in lapresse 2 months ago, they said it was the best card in canada. I'm sold to it, the only reason I don;t like MBNA is because they have doubtful pratices in general as a bank, they'll sell your info to anyone and spam you shitless, and they chnaged their cashback terms with less rewards a a 1000 dollars/month cap or something. Still is up to each person's own taste though

Has not changed for me yet when I look at my cashback history.

The SmartCash card is dead now with the new cashbacks %.
Go see the other threads we have going on, Capital One Aspire Cash is where it's at now.

Start 1 december all reward goes to 1% cash back like I said here http://montrealracing.com/forums/sh...levelling-down-cashback&highlight=best+reward
and 2% if u buy for 400$ of groceries and gaz

Say thanks to TD for buying mbna -_-

Damn ok, my girlfriend is making the groceries, so she'll get 2%, not me (no way I have over 400$ in gas/month). Might switch to Amazon CC then.

EDIT : Interesting read on the Amazon CC from Chase here : http://forums.redflagdeals.com/merged-new-chase-visa-amazon-1160919/

Last edited:
TD killed the card, fuck them.

It's still not that bad for a free card, but I agree.

I'm still pondering if I should get the Amazon card... The only thing stopping me is that to get the 20$ cash back, you need to spend 2000$, which will take a while VS getting 50$ cash back on the MBNA which I use for everything so the cash backs come in faster...

il y a cette carte aussi sur capital One.. vous en pensez quoi??

CARTE FUSIONMC PLATINE MASTERCARDMD

Le faible taux d’intérêt dont vous avez besoin et les récompenses dont vous avez envie
Frais annuels

Frais annuels de 0 $

Récompenses

5 000 miles en prime de premier achat
1 mile de récompenses pour chaque 2 $ sur tous les achats
Taux d’intérêt annuel

Achat
9,9 %
Transfert de solde
9,9 %
Avance de fonds
19,8 %

Celle que vous parlez donne 100$ dès le premier achat.. et cette carte donne 5000 miles dès le premier achat.. ca l'équivaut à combien en cash ca?

1 mile pour chaque 2$ spa fort, ya pas mal mieux que ça.

Comme la Capital One aspire cash qui est 1% en cash sur tout + la moitié de tes points en bonus par année donc.

il y a cette carte aussi sur capital One.. vous en pensez quoi??

CARTE FUSIONMC PLATINE MASTERCARDMD

Le faible taux d’intérêt dont vous avez besoin et les récompenses dont vous avez envie
Frais annuels

Frais annuels de 0 $

Récompenses

5 000 miles en prime de premier achat
1 mile de récompenses pour chaque 2 $ sur tous les achats
Taux d’intérêt annuel

Achat
9,9 %
Transfert de solde
9,9 %
Avance de fonds
19,8 %