Got my Evo X tuned!

ToxicBug

Hi guys,

I finally got my Evo X pro tuned. It was actually an etune by hollywood_X from EvoXForums. He tunes all years of Evo's, GTR's, BMW, Subaru's, and just about anything with an engine management system. He's an awesome guy, very professional and we completed the tune really quick as a result of excellent communication. If you would like his contact info, please PM me.

Mods: intake, turbo-back exhaust, 3-port EBCS, AFR gauge.

Fuel: 94 octane.

Virtual Dyno result (whp/wtq):

Dyno_HollywoodX_Alpha8_94oct.png

Last edited:
Congrats! Hollywood really knows his stuff. It looks like your boosting 28 psi tapering to 19, very similar to the tune i had on my x. You might want to check if your stock DV is leaking, they're unpredictable above 26 psi.

SO, how does the car feel?

Congrat OP. Stock Evo are pretty slow so it must feel like a diferent car now.

Pour les ''unaware'' du virtual dyno, ca reste un outils pour comparer comme un vrai dyno. À condition que les pulls avant et apres la tune ont été fait sous les même conditions. Des gars sur evolutionm.net on comparé les résultats que donne VD et les chiffre sur un dynojet pour en conclure que VD était surprenament précis (quand c'est bien fait, car beaucoup de facteurs peuvent faire varier les résultats en fesant le pull dans la rue).

It has a Cobb SF intake, Ark Design exhaust. The car was already modded when I bought it, but I changed the DP and TP. I have a Cobb DP and Megan Racing TP for sale.

Ok, how loud is this exhaust? Does it drone at highway speed?
Is it a 2008 Evo and how much km does she got?

i dont understand how it comes up with hp and tq figures, nebody mind explaining?

Here's how I think it works. You log a 3rd gear pull, which has the time and RPM. The software knows how much your car weighs, your gear ratio, wheel size, etc, so it can calculate your speed exactly. By knowing how fast you accelerate, it can estimate how much power the car makes, so then it can calculate the torque.

calculations taken from what the stock output is or straight up by putting all the info in it from scratch?? neways cool stuff , ill try it out next summer

thanks for sharing

calculations taken from what the stock output is or straight up by putting all the info in it from scratch?? neways cool stuff , ill try it out next summer

thanks for sharing
It has the stock values to begin with, but you can change everything as required.

thanks for sharing

You just do a pull in 3rd or 4th gear. You must be datalogging your pull with evoscan(for the evo), when all is done, you open your log with VD. VD do the math and you get the graph.

thanks for sharing

They did a test on evox forums comparing the virtual dyno to dynojet numbers a while back. It was pretty accurate.

Back