Pontiac 6000

C'etait de très bon char serieusement. J'ai grandis avec des POntiac 6000, mon père en a eu au moins 3. Il prenait toujours la grosse version full load cuir avec l'espece de dash digital tout droit sortie d'un film de science fiction des années 60, avec le 3.8l. C'était pas tuable, fible et quand même performant! Ensuite il a eu un Bonnevile SSEI avec le V6 supercharge :D

so many jimmies rustled

i wish i had owned a cb7 as a first car... love the look...

too bad theyre impossible to find clean now and i am not exactly in that price bracket anymore

so many jimmies rustled

i wish i had owned a cb7 as a first car... love the look...

too bad theyre impossible to find clean now and i am not exactly in that price bracket anymore

When I was in texas last month there were a ton of Clean CB7s still on the road!

I always liked american cars but not the 6000. 87+ Grand Prix, Bonneville yes but the 6000 always looked awkward IMO

Gregster, weren't you the Neon guy before?

Older American vehicles have some kind of soul and character that you just don't see with imports of the same time. I am not going to say they are all engineering masterpieces, but there is something to be said about the charm and comfort of American vehicles.

My point:
'96 ZJ interior:
DSC00598.jpg

Pathfinder interior of the same year:
38886468.jpg

Not sure what this is supposed to prove besides the fact they both had shitty interiors, which is pretty common for most pre-2000 trucks

pretty cool interior for that period...it was funny how the digital era dashboards was back in the 80's...the civic tried something similar but fails big time..
i used to have an 89 grand prix..car was good for 4 years.. bought for 500$ in 2002...but in the end the rust kinda ate it alive..lol
the 2.8/3.1 engine were tough...not very powerful but torquey...

Would take a celebrity over a 6000 but that's only cause I was supposed to fry my parents celebrity unt it just rotted away before I got my license.

the eurovr were too expensive. You had a lot more better optons for the price.

Calais 442/ achivas SCX /beretta GTZ ( 2.3 quad 4-fastest GM 4cyl NA btw)
Grand prix STE ( 3.1 turbo)
Sunbird Turbo (2.0 ohc turbo)
Lumina Z34 ( 3.4 dohc)
Fiero GT ( 2.8 v6)
cavalier z24 (2.8-3.1)

Thats's why the Celebrity was such a low seller, it had nothing to compare to the others in the GM brand..( well besides the crapppy 4wd)

yeah... just too bad tho that the quad4 & the 3400 24v had a tendency to blow up as soon as the where brought to the redline...

i got to admit the 2.3 was a hadgasket blower but the 3.4 problem was that eveything you did on it is expensive. timing belt and a alternator job are simply crazy in that engine.

CE thread me fait rapeller mon Grand-Am 95 avec le 3.1

C'etait confortable, torqueux mais pas necessairement puissant.

Je m'en suis debarrasser car j'ai du acheter un citron, il y avait toujours de quoi de briser.

Moi avec le Achieva c'etait le contraire: c'est moi qui a tout brisé dessus... Jdevais etre un citron a l'époque :p

J'ai pas du aider la cause. Un ti-coune de 17-18 ans derriere le volant d'un GM de 13 ans avec 230 000 km ca du pas aider la cause haha

J'ai eu un Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera International 1988 (Buick V6) en 1997-1999. C'est un véhicule que j'ai vraiment aimé pour un "char de taxi": loin d'être ennuyant à conduire pour son format/âge.

The CB7 Accord is the car that put Honda on the map for the normal people in North America. It proved that a car could be reliable and last forever!

The CB7 is definitely one of the best Hondas ever made. The 90's were also a solid decade for Honda, both with the Accord as well as the Civic. I had an EG hatch which I loved and now my DD/Winter Beater is an EK sedan and it's been nothing short of amazing to own. So reliable, cheap on maintenance and good on gas. Honda's SOHC non-vtec motors are unkillable.

my grandfather had this car always thought it was garbage still think it is i dont understand why the heck this car is on the front of montrealracing we go from lambos dumped sick rides to real classics and then we post pontiac 6000's hahahahah omg what a freeging joke but then again some people prob dont like the rides i like

Last edited:
Back