Anyway to stop rust without sanding + repaint?

I think POR-15 might work

it's the only product that does. seen it done on an econoline 4 years ago at the top of the windshield... hasn't reappeared on either side of the metal since. but you do need to grind out the rust for good measure. too much rust will over power the POR-15.

POR-15 is perfect for light surface rust, or prevention on new metal. otherwise your gonna have to cut.... but if you got spots on your door you should check your chassis underneath. For sure you've got some nasty surprises hiding under there

it's the only product that does. seen it done on an econoline 4 years ago at the top of the windshield... hasn't reappeared on either side of the metal since. but you do need to grind out the rust for good measure. too much rust will over power the POR-15.

POR-15 is perfect for light surface rust, or prevention on new metal. otherwise your gonna have to cut.... but if you got spots on your door you should check your chassis underneath. For sure you've got some nasty surprises hiding under there

actually the car is spotless everywhere else. The thing is that the car was hit in the rear door 5 years ago, body work with a shitty repaint done, and the paint peeled off slightly and rust bubbles started forming :(

I actually use the spray on rust converter from canadian tire, I find it works pretty well.

For sure It doesn't stop rust completely but once you've cleaned it up pretty well and you spray that stuff on it lasts a good while

this stuff but in a spray can:

0477965_1

Le noir avec l'étiqquette jaune c'est ce que J,ai pris quand j'.ai fais mon engine bay.

On l'a fait aussi sur une minivanne, sa fais 2 ans et encore top notch, on a rebatis un fender avec de la putty de fibre de verre et convertis la rouille en la brossant avec avec un dbs (not sure du nom)

Avant ;
p1050410.jpg

Sa fait un an, aucun picot a resortis
p1050728.jpg

C,est sur que c'est pas une job de restauration de malade, mais pour ma part c,est mon char pour m'amuser et non pour exposer.

Back