Anyone here chipped his TDI?

$THE AFTERMATH$

Legacy Member
Just got myself a 2012 tdi.
I was satisfied with torque at first, but after a month of driving it, im getting a bit bored...

Anyone on here did it yet?
I know numbers look good on the unitronic website, but how's the feeling?
Overall worth it?

Thanks

looking to do this on the new A3 TDI but asked the dealer and found out that all engine and tranny data is sent to VW when the car is in for service. This is crazy as as soon as they see the log they know you have a chip even if it can not be directly detected.:cry:
Be carefull with warranty unless there is a way to revert to stock and clear all logged engine data, drive a day and go in :dunno:

I am looking at Malone as Unitronic does not suport the 2013 DSG, Rawtek or a place in VT are the closest dealers

FYI ask around www.tdiclub.com . Everyone there knows their sh*t.

EDIT: I hear good things about Malone and Kerma. I got Unitronic the same day I picked up my TDI from the dealer. If I had to do it again I would probably go with one of the tuners recommended by tdiclub since they seem to be more specialized in TDIs.

As for warranty coverage, I'm very bummed that Unitronic does not give us a way to easily uninstall the chip without going to their offices and paying $50. Try and find a tuner that gives you the ability to easily install/uninstall your chip. Maybe through laptop and VAG com?

Last edited:
I can hear the front tires squeal in first and in second gear on the MK4 Jetta TDI of my brother and before he had the chip I could not. He is currently looking for a turbo upgrade as he wants even more juice! Try to find a dealer that is tuner friendly. I know that Arbour Volkswagen in Laval is.

I can hear the front tires squeal in first and in second gear on the MK4 Jetta TDI of my brother and before he had the chip I could not. He is currently looking for a turbo upgrade as he wants even more juice! Try to find a dealer that is tuner friendly. I know that Arbour Volkswagen in Laval is.

Yeah. Arbour will even replace burnt out lightbulbs on your car without you even asking you to. Charged me $45 for a city light :(

Just got myself a 2012 tdi.
I was satisfied with torque at first, but after a month of driving it, im getting a bit bored...

Our flash definitely wakes it up :D Love having TDI guys come in for a flash because they always leave with a grin.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me or come in to Uni HQ and we'll help you any way we can!

Go with Unitronic. They started off doing alot of TDI and Mike still knows them inside out, even the new 2.0l. The after sales service are next to none, and they are local. Support local business. Regardless...you will not be disappointed with Uni software. I had my 2006 jetta TDI flash done by them and it transformed the car completely.

Back