Kijiji scam?

.Fred

Hey guys, i posted my bike for sale yesterday i have received a couple emails but this one stands out. The guy says he wants to buy it after trading 3 emails with me (he never saw the damn bike lol). He sent me an email proposing paypal as a payment method and since hes "out of town" he wants to arrange pick up somehow.

Here's the email :

Ok..just wanted to make sure nothing has been left out I will purchase at your listed price.Payment will be sent using PayPal and ill handle the PayPal surcharge if they are any.Let me know if you are ok with this,so that I can arrange for pick up as i wont be able to do it myself as i am out of town at the moment.I would appreciate if you email me with more pictures (if available) too,since i won't be be able to see this in person,what's the PayPal email to send funds to in order for me to pay you ASAP.

Regards.

Charlie.

Now iam not yet retarded (i hope) and this is a scam.

What iam more curious about is HOW does it work and if i can have fun mindfucking the guy.

What are MR thoughts?

Scam. Either Paypal script or by the time Paypal realizes the fraud, your shit out of luck. Like with any other online ads, cash and local is the safest.

Good luck

@sgsr20 now that you mention it i remember reading a similar story on Mr sometime ago!

It just suck that what ever you do there is always someone waiting to rip you off.

If anything tell him to send the paypal to the guy picking it up and the guy picking it up can give the cash to you

same shit happened to me, he wanted to buy my car in the first email, Je jai directement su que c'est un scam, Si il te paye par paypal il aura surement acces a ton compte paypal direct, c'est des voleurs tu sais pas quesqui peuvent faire

Moi aussi j'ai eu ce genre de email lorsque j'avais ma lexus is300 a vendre.. voici le email en question :

Your price is Okay and i can offer you a little bit more like $7,900.00, am offering you more than your asking price due to other potential buyers i hope my offer is Acceptable..?
As for the payment..i will be paying you via the fastest and secure way to pay online (PayPal).

I have a private courier agent that will come for the pick up after the payment have been made ... So no shipping included.. My private courier agent will come

for the pick up and sign all necessary documents on my behalf after the payment have been made, as they will also be coming with all the information needed, my

details and transferring the name of ownership to me will be done by the pick up agent so you don't have to worry about that...

You can now send me your PayPal email so i can pay in right away and also include your address in your reply. If you don't have a paypal account, you can easily

set up one...log on to www.paypal.com and sign up. its very easy.I await your reply Asap.

tell him you accept. write an explicit email with terms stating that you will take the money, store and maintain the bike free of charge between now and when he is able to pick it up.

accept money, profit?

...he probably won't accept lol. but it'll be (some) fun, if you're into that.

Well I said to him :

Me : why dont you just come see the car and pick it up at my home ??

The scam said : MY AGENT WILL COME FOR THE PICK UP AFTER THE PAYMENT HAS BEEN MADE BY ME...

@sgsr20 now that you mention it i remember reading a similar story on Mr sometime ago!

It just suck that what ever you do there is always someone waiting to rip you off.
This is what you are referring to...
1: bob sends you money
2: fred comes to get your car
3: you let fred drive off with your car
4: bob reports to paypal that he never got the car he paid you for
5: paypal takes the money back out of your account
6: you MIGHT have proof that you gave fred your car, but can't link it back to bob. paypal doesn't give two shits about you since bob paid you and you can't link bob to the car.
7: your car gets cut up into pieces, long before bob claims his cash back from paypal
8: you have no car and no money. no girl is willing to put your penis in her mouth. your life sucks.

Back