Airplane Thread

Not saying it didn't happen, but pics or it didn't happen!!! :)

Seriously, was it fully yellow or just the nose? Because full Yellow is the colour of commonwealth training aircraft which infinitely (well kinda) more common than a Luftwaffe Messerschmitt. And from a distance, they can be mixed up, kinda.
Yea T6 Texans in period Luftwaffe schemes posing as Fw190s are pretty common at airshows this side of the Atlantic for mock Battle of Britain dog fights.

317750f48c6a633171515da8296cf630.jpg

I believe there are about still 50 surviving Bf109s and even less still flying. I believe about 50-60 still airworthy Spitfires .. oddly enough the rarest is the Hurricane not many left still flying, 20 or something maybe less. I have no idea how many HA-1112s are flying.

Mustangs are pretty common. Lots of them still flying and racing! Some guy down south has a bunch of NOS Packard V12 engines sitting in their original crates too. The RAF has an entire wing to maintaining their Spitfires and Hurricanes

Also with US laws owning a private F-16 or F15 is almost impossible. F-4s are stupid expensive to maintain vs a 50s F-86 for example. There are a handful of private F18s somehow.

One more thing. I spoke to a guy at Brooklands in the UK where they are restoring a Spitfire. He said they aren't even insured for their full value as they are "priceless" he said the maintence techniques and such have been passed down from generation to generation in order to keep them flying.

He also said with time the Merlin engines have actually come down in price to rebuild... Again there are only a handful of people capable of doing it properly... Oddly enough there are more Merlin's flying now vs 20 years ago

It sure looks like the real thing in that vid! Interest to know if anybody has more info! IIrC, most flying Bf-109 aren't really 109, but spanish built CASA that use... Merlins! Genuine flying 109 are few qnd far between, less than 10, again from memory.

C'est probablement C-GGAF ? La photo date de 2 ans à Joliette, il est souvent dans ce coin là je crois.

C'est un Focke Wulf 149D

f6a6733e626270e755eb4ad33e2ee62e-full.jpg

Kind of sad - two of the first A380's are being dismantled for spare part. They were Singapore birds that were returned to lessor, who was unable to find anyone to take them.

"The first two Airbus A380s to enter service are being taken apart at Tarbes Lourdes airport in France. A photo released this week shows MSN003 and MSN005 with gaping holes and no engines as the salvage team work to remove the valuable parts from the planes."

https://simpleflying.com/airbus-a380s-scrap/

Kind of sad - two of the first A380's are being dismantled for spare part. They were Singapore birds that were returned to lessor, who was unable to find anyone to take them.

"The first two Airbus A380s to enter service are being taken apart at Tarbes Lourdes airport in France. A photo released this week shows MSN003 and MSN005 with gaping holes and no engines as the salvage team work to remove the valuable parts from the planes."

https://simpleflying.com/airbus-a380s-scrap/

That is heartbreaking. And all this time, people will talk about the need for "sustainable Development"... while making disposable giant airliners.

Hell, I tell you, we are all going to Hell!

297.png

Meanwhile, they are resurecting a 75 years-old airplane in CHYU...

Hier j’ai vu ça sur l’app flightradar24, au debut je pensais que c’était pour les moustiques mais quand j’ai vu qu’il était a 10 000-11 000 pieds je me doutais bien que c’était pas ça... quelqu’un aurait une idée de ce qu’il faisait?

ce9a4f8d389dbb703b3f00eef11f8bc3.jpg

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

That DC-8 tho! I believe its N873SJ. I was told that since 763s are worth so much used now adhoc cargo airlines are looking at pulling out DC-8s that still have hours on them lol

Last edited:
Back