Airplane Thread

That's nothing new. The legend is property owners lobbied the gov hard enough not to expand as they feared a sudden influx of land in Montreal would devalue property. Airlines were also starting to lobby for longer ETOPs meaning they could fly long range twins across the pond in the early 80s with those new 767s and A300s. Air Canada was one of the first to start flying twins across the Atlantic. But hey the first referendum did that all on it's own haha

Montreal had a STOLport downtown in the 70s. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_STOLport

Just wanted to share this video, gotta love those Rafales, scenary is crazy, those mountains OMG.... they're living my childhood dream which for some reason just went away... and never tried to reach it...

EkCAkRPWkAA_tj9

My unachievable dream is to pilot one of those things... (btw. I am not a pilot lol) it's art and technology coming together, apparently piloting the thing is pretty cool as well with fly by wire and all kind of automation/fail safe, I listened to a video which was a course on how this plane controls work and it's quite something, I know it crashed before, but in theory it should be pretty hard to crash it if you do something dumb...

edit: if wondering why someone that's not a pilot would want to follow a course on how to control an F-22 it's quite simple, if the world comes to an end and I have nothing to lose anymore, I'm going to each location where they're stationed in hopes I find an available one that's not guarded that I can fuel take it for a final ride and than crash it into a mountain as I end my life, cause well I lost all and only thing remaining was to fly this thing...

My unachievable dream is to pilot one of those things... (btw. I am not a pilot lol) it's art and technology coming together, apparently piloting the thing is pretty cool as well with fly by wire and all kind of automation/fail safe, I listened to a video which was a course on how this plane controls work and it's quite something, I know it crashed before, but in theory it should be pretty hard to crash it if you do something dumb...

edit: if wondering why someone that's not a pilot would want to follow a course on how to control an F-22 it's quite simple, if the world comes to an end and I have nothing to lose anymore, I'm going to each location where they're stationed in hopes I find an available one that's not guarded that I can fuel take it for a final ride and than crash it into a mountain as I end my life, cause well I lost all and only thing remaining was to fly this thing...
For enough coins you can purchase a ride in a retired Alpha Jet or even travel to Russia for the Mig experience. The most common will be an L-39. Our CF-18 demo team has VIP rides as well. I've done 45 mins in a T-33 Shooting Star in Seattle years ago. The prop stuff will be cheaper to flying vs jet. You can check with vintage wings for spitfire or hurricane rides. I think they sold the SabreJet

https://www.flyfighterjet.com/fly-t-33-in-canada

For enough coins you can purchase a ride in a retired Alpha Jet or even travel to Russia for the Mig experience. The most common will be an L-39. Our CF-18 demo team has VIP rides as well. I've done 45 mins in a T-33 Shooting Star in Seattle years ago. The prop stuff will be cheaper to flying vs jet. You can check with vintage wings for spitfire or hurricane rides. I think they sold the SabreJet

https://www.flyfighterjet.com/fly-t-33-in-canada

Thanks I'll look into it, I knew about the mig thing, not sure if it's still for sale, but the 2nd ex Microsoft guy forgot his name had one for sale as well for a few mills, that being said, not same thing as piloting one myself, and would need something pretty modern as obviously no skills, well no experience, anyway, maybe the ride thing would be at least something :D

Rip Jetman
Frenchman Vince Reffet, part of the "Jetman" team which has performed groundbreaking stunts above Dubai using jetpacks and carbon-fibre wings, was killed in a training accident
Quick video of some of his fly.

Skyborg is to be an “attritable” UAV – a type of aircraft built cheaply enough that it doesn’t break the bank if lost in combat in large numbers. For the USAF, that means a price between $2 million and $20 million per aircraft. To enable the service to field large numbers of the UAV alongside manned aircraft, the drone is to be controlled via an artificially intelligent system, called the Skyborg Autonomous Core System.
https://www.flightglobal.com/milita...saf-skyborg-prototypes-in-2021/141496.article

Skyborg, close to Skynet, AI, end is near :D

^^

The S-70 Okhotnik (“Hunter”)

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/aviation/a33548209/russia-hunter-combat-drone/

The U.S., as Forbes points out, has been using armed drones since the attacks on September 11, 2001, but has proceeded haltingly in developing large, heavily armed drones like Okhotnik. Although the U.S. MQ-9 Reaper drone has been in service since the 2010s, it's optimized for use in low-intensity conflict and against insurgencies. Against modern air defenses fielded by modern armies, Reaper would probably be shot down in droves.

The Air Force is currently proceeding with its own “loyal wingman” semi-disposable drones, and the Navy is pursuing the MQ-25A Stingray carrier-based unmanned tanker.

Back