Airplane Thread

Le gars qui a crashé son avion avec parachute.

Vraiment cool qu'il ait filme et documenté son Rescue!!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/miniature-horses-allowed-fly-service-animals-dot

Good news, you can still fly with your donkey. Wow, I never new this. I flown alot, never saw one, mostly dogs. I wonder if they smell?

Miniature horses still allowed to fly as service animals, Department of Transportation announces

Giddy up!

The U.S. Department of Transportation has announced that miniature horses are still officially allowed to*fly*as service animals in all cabins of commercial planes, in a statement aiming to define*the guidelines regarding protections for emotional support and psychiatric service cats, dogs and the tiny equines.

Last Thursday, the agency released its*final statement*of enforcement priorities for service animals, clarifying the federal government’s policies for what types of animals should always be allowed to travel with their owners.

In recent months, both public and professional organizations, including the Association of Flight Attendants (AFA), have urged lawmakers to review the rules for service animal designations during air travel, to combat an alleged culture of*“rampant abuse” of protocol. The AFA claimed that the matter was escalating into a “safety, health, and security issue” that was “negatively affecting all passengers.”

Miniature horses are officially allowed to fly as service animals in all cabins of commercial planes, as part of a new set of guidelines strengthening protections for emotional support and psychiatric service cats, dogs and the tiny equines.*(iStock)

THE STRANGEST SUPPORT ANIMALS PEOPLE TRIED TO BRING ON COMMERCIAL FLIGHTS

“After reviewing the comments on this issue, we believe that it would be in the public interest and within our discretionary authority to prioritize ensuring that the most commonly recognized service animals (i.e., dogs, cats, and miniature horses) are accepted for transport,” the department's Aug. 8 update stated.

“We stated that while we will focus on ensuring the transport of dogs, cats and miniature horses, we may take enforcement action against carriers for failing to transport other service animals on a case-by-case basis,” it continued.

The announcement doesn’t bind airlines to fly all service miniature horses by law, but does allude to penalties if carriers violate the new rule,*CBS reports.*Mini horses were also not previously banned by the Department of Transportation.

Domestic airlines were given 30 days to review the mandate and revise company rules to better accommodate service canines, felines and mini equines.

“Airlines will not be subject to enforcement action if they continue to deny transport to snakes, other reptiles, ferrets, rodents, and spiders; however, airlines will remain subject to potential enforcement action if they categorically refuse to transport other animals or species of animals,” it continued.

In addition, the policy explained that passengers are allowed to bring up to three animals on a flight, but only*one*of the transported pets can be an emotional support animal, as per the document.

download.jpeg-1.jpg

Cette histoire la de 737 max va tellement couter cher.... Wow. Un avion qui vole pas ca coute cher.
Imagine you are an airline that has them. Not only do you still need to make lease payments on the aircraft but you also need to pay another airline possibly to haul for you... Boeing is paying the storage fees this far ....

Getting on the 787 again in a few hours.

Damn the infotainment system sucks on all other AC aircrafts I've flown on this year (even first class 777), slow, VERY slow! Only on the 787 it's fast and large screen.

Getting on the 787 again in a few hours.

Damn the infotainment system sucks on all other AC aircrafts I've flown on this year (even first class 777), slow, VERY slow! Only on the 787 it's fast and large screen.

Most of the IFE systems still date back to XM from 2006/07 era.. they did get going on changing them out (777s and 330) but then the 737 Max issue hit. 777s are a retrofit system when the cabins were redone and the 787 was factory installed. I can inquire if the systems are a bit different. They could be... Right now they can't have aircraft out of service for weeks while new interiors are fit. They got some newer 330s from Singapore and TAP, basically repainted them and toss them into service with the old carrier configuration

Lots of YUL delays tonfight

Most of the IFE systems still date back to XM from 2006/07 era.. they did get going on changing them out (777s and 330) but then the 737 Max issue hit. 777s are a retrofit system when the cabins were redone and the 787 was factory installed. I can inquire if the systems are a bit different. They could be... Right now they can't have aircraft out of service for weeks while new interiors are fit

Lots of YUL delays tonfight
The trafic to get on the departure drop level was huge.

Stopover in YYZ anyway so no issue, the direct flight to GRU starts only in December and I am still going to Brazil again at least once before then

Now let's hope my premium economy standby upgrade works!!

The trafic to get on the departure drop level was huge.

Stopover in YYZ anyway so no issue, the direct flight to GRU starts only in December and I am still going to Brazil again at least once before then

Now let's hope my premium economy standby upgrade works!!

Yea traffic at YUL is horrible these days. Soon you won't even be able to drive to the terminal once the work starts. Only taxi or bus. They will move the drop off area somewhere near cardinal and have shuttles LOL.

It's got to the point now where for pick up it's easier to walk down the road to where the entrance for Alpha or the cell lot is and get our ride from there. Otherwise my father in law needs to wait like an hour coming from the 20 vs going to sources and entering from the back.

Yea traffic at YUL is horrible these days. Soon you won't even be able to drive to the terminal once the work starts. Only taxi or bus. They will move the drop off area somewhere near cardinal and have shuttles LOL.

It's got to the point now where for pick up it's easier to walk down the road to where the entrance for Alpha or the cell lot is and get our ride from there. Otherwise my father in law needs to wait like an hour coming from the 20 vs going to sources and entering from the back.
Hopefully they allow Uber to drop off just like taxis

Otherwise it will suck bad

Yea they are also ripping up runway 10/28 as its no longer needed thats where the new terminal/gates will go. At current numbers YUL will bust 20 million passengers in 2019, gate space at peak hours is at a premium and has been for awhile.

So Quantas is testing with employees a 19+ h flight non-stop.

At least it's in the Dreamliner!

Wonder how much business class tickets will be!!!

I'm on a trip with Porter right now, really a terrible airline. Flight was cancelled and the unplanned night in Toronto is on us...

Toronto is not a trip, it's just like an overblown Kirkland. Take a train ride back to Mtl.
Looked into it and megabus but no night rides available. We should take off in 3 hours...

They waited until the very last minute to announce the flight cancellation to avoid rebooking us on the last AC flight to Montreal that was departing 30 minutes earlier.

Last edited:
Back