Airplane Thread

Very interesting read, thanks!
Got to love those eastbound crossings with crazy wind. I remember once took a morning flight YYZ- LHR , flight time was 5h30 including the go around. BA 747 did JFK-LHR 4h56 last year during Ciara

Concorde did JFK-LHR 2h 52m 59s with a crazy jet stream

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Air Canada's retro A220

2be7660357294c0126295239a501bc3a.jpg
49a15f01b1d11f5c423021640370395d.jpg

They should also do a retro white/red one
I heard they wanted to do a 787-9 in one a few years ago. There was legit a couple models floating around as well. I held one of them! Looked absolutely fantastic. I should have a photo. I'll check around

Honestly I'd love to see them do a retro CP Air on a 737 or Canadian on A330.

I heard they wanted to do a 787-9 in one a few years ago. There was legit a couple models floating around as well. I held one of them! Looked absolutely fantastic. I should have a photo. I'll check around

Honestly I'd love to see them do a retro CP Air or Canadian.

Canada 3000!

Speaking of failed airlines, Michel Leblanc was the king of all. He started 3 (Wikipédia says 7??). Made tons selling royal tk Canada 3000.

Intair
Royal Airlines
Jetsgo

I would love for transat to do a retro quebecair
and Retro transat blue and the small red line

I love old airlines stories

Canada 3000!

Speaking of failed airlines, Michel Leblanc was the king of all. He started 3 (Wikipédia says 7??). Made tons selling royal tk Canada 3000.

Intair
Royal Airlines
Jetsgo

I would love for transat to do a retro quebecair
and Retro transat blue and the small red line

I love old airlines stories
Ha yes! How about https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Obadia

Theyre still looking for him or gave up lol

I actually know someone that flew DC-8s for Nationair and later 757s at Canada 3000. Retired a few years ago after 20+ years flying Cargo 747s for Cathay Pacific. He trained other 747s pilots as well on -400 and -800. Boeing guy to the core. We spoke about the nationair crash and he was working those haji flights as well and knew the crew well.

All the tales about the 757 are 110% true about it's incredible performance and "handling"

On a more somber note. I asked my father in law about this https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propair_Flight_420

He pretty much knew everyone on board. He was VP of business development at the time. One of the girls that died on the flight he had just hired 2-3 weeks before out of school. It was to be her first time to the facility in Peterborough. He says he was driving back from Connecticut and was going directly to Peterborough via Buffalo but got the call about what had happened directly from Welch (they were pretty good friends) and sent his jet to the nearest to airport to collect him. The irony.

His Concorde LHR tales/ chopper to old HQ. Or getting robbed in Sao Paulo and knocking the guy out with his briefcase

That must have made a noise... Listen to the ATC every bell and alarm was going off

Back