Airplane Thread

Shit... live on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PaAAzkWE7M

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/ACA837

Flight AC837 is currently circling to the the south east of Madrid, in an effort to burn fuel before landing.

The airport operator said the pilot called air traffic control 30 minutes after take off to request an emergency landing.

A drone sighting earlier on had caused disruption as the airport, with 26 flights being diverted from Madrid, but officials are unable to confirm whether the two incidents are related or not.

A spokesperson for Air Canada told Sky News: "Air Canada flight AC837, Madrid to Toronto, experienced an engine issue shortly after take-off. A tire also reportedly ruptured on take-off, one of 10 on this model of aircraft.

"The aircraft opted to return to Madrid and is currently circling to use up fuel and lighten the aircraft for landing.

"The aircraft, a Boeing 767-300, is designed to operate on one engine and our pilots are fully trained for this eventuality. Nonetheless, an emergency was declared in order to obtain landing priority.

According to the article I posted earlier in the Chit Chat thread I think - they landed safely.

[edit] WTF? They ninja-edited the article. Wow...

Wow why is this news? Its pretty common to have an engine issue and return. Fuckifn media always looking for more

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

I did my first "aborded landing" in Geneva last week.

We were full flaps just about to land. The aircraft in front did not clear the runway fats enough (not sure if landing or taking off). So the pilots had to go full throttle and up to circle back.

It was a nice feel from the inside

I did my first "aborded landing" in Geneva last week.

We were full flaps just about to land. The aircraft in front did not clear the runway fats enough (not sure if landing or taking off). So the pilots had to go full throttle and up to circle back.

It was a nice feel from the inside
Did it in a 787 once at LHR. The hilarious part is I remember calling out the go around at the precise moment the engines spooled. Wasn't so hilarious waiting another 35 mins to land

Terminal 3 life
0f3e5f4173cefd83e76740044c78948f.jpg
b30fb573efd66eac67cee0ea2fc7019f.jpg

A cool pic, but ... :)

President Donald Trump's 2020 campaign manager, Brad Parscale, apparently deleted a tweet with a photo of Air Force One amid a large crowd at the Daytona 500 race after users pointed out the photo was actually from 2004, when George W. Bush attended.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...s-daytona-500-air-force-one-photo/4783807002/

A cool pic, but ... :)

President Donald Trump's 2020 campaign manager, Brad Parscale, apparently deleted a tweet with a photo of Air Force One amid a large crowd at the Daytona 500 race after users pointed out the photo was actually from 2004, when George W. Bush attended.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...s-daytona-500-air-force-one-photo/4783807002/

yeah don't really care as you said it's a cool pic the rest could be freaking satan himself who flew it there on judgement day lol

I flew on the Airbus 321 and I was impressed by the legroom. I actually was comfortable while normally in the 320 or 319 my knees are right up against the front seats, on the 321 I had easily 4" of room. Too bad the headroom sucked and I had to be a circus act to wiggle in and out of the seat.

I flew on the Airbus 321 and I was impressed by the legroom. I actually was comfortable while normally in the 320 or 319 my knees are right up against the front seats, on the 321 I had easily 4" of room. Too bad the headroom sucked and I had to be a circus act to wiggle in and out of the seat.
It's the same cabin headroom wise as 31/20 unless it's has a new interior fitted with larger bins

It's the same cabin headroom wise as 31/20 unless it's has a new interior fitted with larger bins

Maybe in height but the clearance from seatback to seatback seemed smaller to me. Either that or both times the seat ahead was reclined back. Once seated it's okay - I especially liked the tablet holders they fitted. Honestly I was impressed with it overall but I'm still puzzled by the ashtrays in the bathrooms: Why? Flights have been non-smoking for what? 30 years?

Maybe in height but the clearance from seatback to seatback seemed smaller to me. Either that or both times the seat ahead was reclined back. Once seated it's okay - I especially liked the tablet holders they fitted. Honestly I was impressed with it overall but I'm still puzzled by the ashtrays in the bathrooms: Why? Flights have been non-smoking for what? 30 years?
It's a requirement. You still get people who smoke on flights.

Accident: Jazz DH8C at Ottawa on Feb 15th 2020, laser strike into eyes of first officer

By Simon Hradecky, created Tuesday, Feb 25th 2020 20:26Z, last updated Tuesday, Feb 25th 2020 20:26Z
A Jazz de Havilland Dash 8-300, registration C-GEWQ performing flight QK-8013 from Montreal,QC to Ottawa,ON (Canada) with 51 people on board, was on approach to Ottawa about 14nm before touhdown, when a green laser struck the aircraft and hut the first officer, pilot flying, into the eyes. The first officer handed control to the captain, the crew hit the IDENT button to capture their position, advised ATC of the incident. Royal Canadian Mounted Police was informed. The captain requested medical services to meet the aircraft reporting the first officer's eyes were irritated. The aircraft landed normally and taxied to the apron. Paramedics met the first officer at the gate and transported him to a hospital.

The Canadian TSB reported the first officer received minor injuries.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/JZA8013/history/20200215/2208Z/CYUL/CYOW

Envoyé de mon LG-H873 en utilisant Tapatalk

FAA, EASA etc requirement. If someone smokes on a plane there needs to be a safe place that can contain a cigarette. Self contained ashtray.. there is also a greater chance a smoker will use it vs tossing it in the bin.

People break the rules and smoke on planes pretty often. Especially on ultra long haul flights. One of my friends is a flight attendant and she says it happens to her once a month where someone smokes... I was on a flight to Doha where someone started smoking in one of the lavs. F/O came out and took the guys cigarettes and matches.

https://money.cnn.com/2017/03/09/news/airplane-ashtrays/index.html

Back